Action Required: *Seller Name*- Amazon Marketplace ---Scam?

Hi
I clicked on this message from the amazon seller central inbox. I did not click any links inside the message itself.
Am i good here? Little sketched out with all of this scam talk…Anyone else seeing a message like this?

Thanks for any input

Thanks for responding…

It was in my buyer-seller messaging platform on the Amazon seller central page…
The title of the message stated “Action Required: Seller Name- Amazon Marketplace”

I clicked in thinking it was legit but then could tell right away it was not…Just a lot of empty space, with a short dialogue at the very beginning stating something about changes to the platform and to go “here” to review my account…

Definitely did not click “here” or any link within the message, but i did click into the message itself.
Also had someone contact just before receiving this message saying that he purchased something a while ago and canceled, but didnt get the refund…and tried to send me a link to an image of the transaction…which was also sketch…not sure if it is related to the one I previously mentioned, but thought it would be noteworthy.
Thanks again for any help,

What would be noteworthy is you cutting and pasting the notice you received, minus any personally identifying info or links, so that we have a clue what it is you’re actually concerned about… If you can’t tell if it’s legit or not, what makes you think we can from your vague 3rd hand summation of it? (it sounds like it’s not).

¯_(ツ)_/¯

It +sounds+ like you’ve received a spam message in the Buyer-Seller Message Service, but without more info it’s difficult to know for sure. If you’ll post the text of the message - minus any links that are contained - we can probably be of more help.

You’re very welcome - that’s what the forums are for, so that we can help each other. This sounds like a phishing email to me; it’s very possible that the link will take you to a web page that will ask you to login to your Seller Central account - a “credential harvesting” phishing scam. If Amazon requires any information from you, it should show up in your Performance Notifications, not simply in the Buyer-Seller Message Service.

What I’d do is click the ‘here’ in the “If you believe this message is suspicious, please report it to us here” (if you, like most of us, are using the old Buyer-Seller Interface; reporting a message as suspicious is a tad more difficult in the new (NOT improved) interface - the reporting feature is found in the ‘gear’ icon at the upper right of the page. Then I’d mark the message “No response needed” in Buyer-Seller. Then I’d log into the email client (program) you use to handle the address registered for your account and forward the message in it’s entirety to phish@amazon.com.

While I don’t recommend posting the link here in the forums, you can send it to me in a private message if you’d like & I’ll have it investigated for phishing. If our people determine that’s what it is, they’ll report it to the appropriate registrars.

This is what to watch for. See attached .jpg of email and message through seller messaging.

DO NOT CLICK It’s phishing taking you to amazon-llc.c0m and NOT amazon.com

See this thread.

I got it too and it’s apparently been going on for awhile.

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=342331&tstart=15

Domain Name: AMAZON-LLC.C0M
Registry Domain ID: TBD
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.syrahost.com
Registrar URL: http://www.crazydomains.com
Updated Date: 2017-01-13T03:04:59Z
Creation Date: 2017-01-12T00:00:00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2018-01-12T00:00:00Z
Registrar: CRAZY DOMAINS FZ-LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 1291
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: domains@crazydomains.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +61.894220890
Reseller: CRAZY DOMAINS
Domain Status: ok https://icann.org/epp#ok
Registrant Name: PRIVATE REGISTRATION
Registrant Street: BM BOX 2083
Registrant City: LONDON
Registrant State/Province: LONDON
Registrant Postal Code: WC1N 3XX
Registrant Country: GB
Registrant Phone: +44.8456171171
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +44.8444844288
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: DOMAINS@PRIVATEREGISTRYAUTHORITY.COM
Admin Name: PRIVATE REGISTRATION
Admin Organization:
Admin Street: BM BOX 2083
Admin City: LONDON
Admin State/Province: LONDON (CITY OF)
Admin Postal Code: WC1N 3XX
Admin Country: GB
Admin Phone: +44.8456171171
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax: +44.8444844288
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: DOMAINS@PRIVATEREGISTRYAUTHORITY.COM
Tech Name: PRIVATE REGISTRATION
Tech Organization:
Tech Street: BM BOX 2083
Tech City: LONDON
Tech State/Province: LONDON (CITY OF)
Tech Postal Code: WC1N 3XX
Tech Country: GB
Tech Phone: +44.8456171171
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Email: DOMAINS@PRIVATEREGISTRYAUTHORITY.COM
Name Server: NS1.CRAZYDOMAINS.COM
Name Server: NS2.CRAZYDOMAINS.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2017-01-13T03:04:59Z <<<

Edited by: Open on Apr 12, 2017 7:03 AM

closed #8