user profile
Sign in
user profile

Account Suspended

by Seller_DHLvR24tdd5St

Yesterday morning, our company received a message saying our Amazon Payments account had been suspended because our website "“may be in violation of our Acceptable Use policy. This policy prohibits the use of our payment service for any transactions involving any good or service that violates local, state, or federal laws or that would be generally offensive to others or indicates animal cruelty”.

36 hours later, I received a nearly identical message suspending our account, saying our website "may be in violation of our Acceptable Use policy. This policy prohibits the use of our payment service for any transactions involving adult oriented products and services. ".

We sell board game products and the vast majority of our customers are youth organizations so I am totally at a loss. We sell nothing even REMOTELY close to adult oriented. When we received the first email, we sent in a message asking for clarification because how do you appeal something when you’re unsure what they found questionable?

The great irony is that our company was even featured in a published Amazon Payments case study about the benefits of using Amazon Pay from a fraud protection point of view.

Any idea? I contacted the person that worked with us on the case study and she’s no longer in Amazon Payments, but she asked some of her former coworkers to check into it…So now I just wait.

Tags: Payments, Policy, Transactions
7 replies
7 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_NQvjmZgwZmOXC
In reply to: Seller_DHLvR24tdd5St's post

Gotta love the way they send these (cruel) messages out without giving specifics so people can make immediate corrections to the issue and become compliant to whatever their issue is.

Big mystery game designed to intimidate…and it’s NONSENSE! …Putting it nicely. People are left scratching their heads…Yes, Amazon, that’s really productive to getting a business back on track!!

OMG, this place gets dumber every day!

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post