Account suspended incorrectly for inauthentic complaint

They will want to see a receipt as well, even if it is from goodwill. I’m willing to bet that many of your past submissions would have been accepted as well if it included a receipt.

Greetings,

My friend also sells on Amazon and referenced me to this thread. I sold a textbook to “Clara Dufour” September 20th and had no returns through FBA. My account has been suspended since 10/29/18 over ASIN: 013374132X . I purchased the book through eBay and had sold 15 used copies over a span of five months. I read the whole thread and it is somewhat reassuring other sellers are having the same experience and getting reinstated.

This is going to be a nightmare but first show proof that they tried to return it out of the 60 day window, On # 2 of the demands write your Plan of Action, Now what I am sure will happen is you will get a copy and paste email saying that you did not give the correct info , So copy and paste your first response , This may go back and forth a few times, After about a dozen times as for a call and make it call in caps from a US supervisor and copy and paste your original reply, You have to blaim the seller support reps they hire, They do not read things through they are trained to look for certain things do a search on it then do a copy and past set response

PLEASE HELP I still haven’t gotten any response from seller support. Legally, they would not have tried to return the book if it was a counterfeit because they have to be sent to the publisher. This has gone on for a month. SO, AM I SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY FOR DENYING AN ‘OUT OF POLICY’ RETURN? !!!

Please check your private messages for the suggestion I sent.

Yes, I did try that. I sent it early Friday morning. Thank you for that. it was very thoughtful. But I have not received a reply. And, the truth of the matter is that I did not send an inauthentic book. Clara would not have tried to return it if it was. Should I keep waiting? If so, how long? I’ve used both appeals earlier.

Yes, I did try that. I sent it early Friday morning. Thank you for that. it was very thoughtful. But I have not received a reply. And, the truth of the matter is that I did not send an inauthentic book. Clara would not have tried to return it if it was. Should I keep waiting? If so, how long? I’ve used both appeals earlier.

I would keep waiting. With the New Years holiday and the weekend it may take a bit. Did you send the new plan of action and receipt at the same time? Was you book from a thrift store? We did it exactly as I said with the receipt too and got reinstated. What address did you send to?

I sent it to pq-textbook-review@amazon.com Yes, it was from a thriftstore, bought nearly two years ago. I also sent a copy with receipt and a screenshot of the “out of policy” return to “contact us” on the performance notification page.

Should I also send it to pq-sv-appeal@amazon.com? I could add this to the top… “My account was suspended after a customer tried to return a book after the returns period. I am still unsure if my account was suspended for not accepting the used book return or for inauthentic. It is likely this is a mistake by amazon because amazon(Clara) would not have tried to return the book if it was inauthentic. PLEASE HAVE A US SUPERVISOR READ THIS. Here is my latest appeal.”

I tried explaining some of this to them … failed and gave up…

I have received this which is an improvement. I received it from product-quality-policy@amazon.com (Does that address give us any clues as to what my focus should be?) Unfortunately two hours later I received the dreaded "you have not sufficiently addressed… we may not reply to anymore emails) Which is horrible because I hadn’t sent in a revision. Maybe they got an email I already sent???

"Your plan does not sufficiently address the complaints we received about your listings. To be sufficient, your plan must include:

– Greater detail on the steps you have taken to prevent future complaints about the authenticity of your items.

Here are a few things to consider as you create your plan:
–Sourcing: Are you sourcing the product from a trusted supplier?
–Be as specific as possible in your plan.
–Do not limit your plan to issues with specific orders."

Before they asked for
"-- Greater detail on the root cause(s) that led to the complaints about the authenticity of your items.
– Greater detail on the actions you have taken to resolve the complaints about the authenticity of your items.
– Greater detail on the steps you have taken to prevent future complaints about the authenticity of your items.

–Listing: Is the product accurately described on Amazon? Have you ensured that there is no ambiguity and the customer is well informed?
–Packaging: Is the product in its original packaging as listed on Amazon?
– Shipping: Have you taken all appropriate steps and quality checks to ensure that the product is stored, packed, and shipped appropriately?
–Review your communications from buyers to better understand the issues.
–Do not limit your plan to issues with specific orders. ) "

I have sent this as a reply to product-quality-policy@amazon.com along with the same attachments of receipt and screenshot of ‘out of policy’ return. Should I send it to any of the other emails as well? Should I send it again if I don’t hear back? (How long should I wait?)

"This is for the suspension on NeverEndingStoryBooks/Oolalamusic. We changed our name to NeverEndingStoryBooks as we began to sell more books.

Root cause:
-We purchased a copy of ASIN 495567507 from ‘name and address of thriftstore’, on 1/31/2017. This source may not be good at removing counterfeit copies from the market. We acknowledge that there may be high quality counterfeit copies of ASIN 495567507 that may look very similar to the original. I may have sold a used copy unaware that it may have been a counterfeit copy.

Resolution:
-I will no longer sell ASIN 495567507 and I have removed the listing.
-I have educated myself on the Anti-Counterfeit Best Practices endorsed by Cengage, Elsevier, Macmillan Learning, McGraw-Hill Education, and Pearson Education(EPEG) which are designed to eliminate counterfeit textbooks from the marketplace. As a small seller of mostly used items, I have taken on the policies that apply to our business.
-I have thoroughly educated myself and my staff on how to avoid, identity, and report counterfeit books. Signs that a book may be counterfeit can include missing pages, different paper, blurred photographs, blurred or scored/creased covers, different headbands, different trim size and bulk, and inferior binding. Books in brand new, mint condition but marketed as “used” or “like new” is another red-flag that a book may be counterfeit. The “used” and “like new” descriptions are often used to justify a below-market price. If the ISBN on the rear cover of the book does not match the ISBN on the inside copyright page of the book, that is another sign that a book may be counterfeit. Companies and individuals who sell counterfeit books frequently claim that the books are authentic when they are not. Bare assertions of legitimacy should not override common-sense and other warning-signs
-I will compare the following to the original books: Dimensions (Height, Width, and Bulk) Cover(Cover Stock, Cover Images and Copy – Clarity, Proportions, Color Saturation, Fonts, and Back Cover Copy) Specialty Finishing (Embossed/Raised Text and Images, Gloss/Matte, UV Varnish, Foil Stamping, etc.) Barcode Label, Spine (Clarity, Proportions, Color, and Fonts) Text Paper(Opacity – Degree of Show Through, Bulk/Thickness, Color, Finish, and Feel – Does paper feel rougher/smoother than legitimate copy?) Text Printing (Ink (Density, Color) Images (Halftones, Photos, Screens, Tints) Alignment (Bleeds, Margins, Alignment) Clarity (Does printing appear grainy, dark, or blurry?) Binding (Appearance – Spine, Formation, Headband – Color(s) and/or Material Used, Scoring – Cover Hinge Scoring, Adhesive – Color of Glue, Appearance, and Tunneling) Endsheets/Inserts, Missing pages, and incorrect ISBN(inside and out).
-I will not buy or sell books that have ISBN information removed, nor books that have been altered to hide do not sell information.
-Being a small seller, I will not buy in quantities greater than one. I will not buy from outside the US. I will not buy from the internet. I have no need to.
-When I am not sure if a book is authentic, I will not buy or sell the book.
-If I still somehow receive an inauthentic book, I will alert the publisher.
-I will maintain a record of all my purchases.
-I have reviewed my entire inventory to ensure that all stock is 100% authentic. I have removed listings of books if there could be any question of their authenticity.
-We have looked at all sources we obtain books from to ensure that all books we sell will be 100% authentic. I will not buy in quantities greater than one. I will not buy from outside the US. I will not buy from the internet.

Preventing the complaint from happening again:
-We believe the steps outlined above: not offering this ASIN for sale again, review of our inventory, and review of our sourcing policies will be sufficient in preventing this from happening again.
-In general, we will be selling far fewer textbooks.
-We will apply these policies to all media, not just textbooks."

In reviewing some of your store feedback comments, a couple of buyers had “used sold as new” type comments, book not new, cd with broken case etc. One buyer feedback mentioned receiving a different edition of a book in unacceptable condition. Your feedback score is high but a few buyer comments leave me wondering if your current inventory descriptions could use some going over as well.

Have you gone through your inventory to make sure your current descriptions, book editions and conditions are listed within Amazon guidelines?

I think your appeal is much too wordy on the counterfeit issue when there could be problems in your product descriptions even of books that are authentic.

Still nothing… anonymous bookseller “Listing” was not included in their email.

You are focusing too much on the one order that resulted in your suspension, where you could check and correct ALL inventory offerings going forward, You have some used selling as new comments in buyer feedback.

Your POA could address that you have examined all your inventory to make sure you are listing your books in the correct condition. Going forward don’t list New books if you are selling only one copy and not purchasing from publisher/distributors/wholesalers.

Amazon’s decision may not have based on that one “authentic book” that you refused an out of policy return. Maybe Amazon scanned your entire account history and noticed some other issues you haven’t yet addressed with an appeal.

They did not ask for those things "Your plan does not sufficiently address the complaints we received about your listings. To be sufficient, your plan must include:

–Do not limit your plan to issues with specific orders"

Still nothing, just automated responses.

I do believe there was an error. They would not have tried to return it if it was counterfeit. Seems like amazon is trying to fill a suspension quota. I am at a loss. I haven’t pointed out the error to them. I have been very courteous, polite, and positive. I have made real changes to my inventory, sourcing, and textbook policies.

So I thought I had a good appeal, but for the 2nd time they said I did not leave enough info to make them happy. Can I leave my appeal and could someone give me some pointers? Thanks in advance!

Yes, please post appeals here. There are sellers who can offer the wisdom of their advice.

Why don’t you post your appeal here also.

Let sellers here help you with some pointers before you contact Amazon again.