user profile
Sign in
user profile

Account Suspended After 5 years out of nowhere, No basis for the suspension

by Seller_nZkS8IP0W7Z7L

Our brand was suspended about 25 minutes ago. The reason for this, according to Amazon is because there is another account associated with the brand already…

That makes 0 sense because we have 0 re-sellers, and we’re a relatively small brand (12k/monthly pre-covid)

We’ve actively sold on Amazon for 5 years and have never had any violations or customer issues, we’re 100% FBA as well.

Note the information they’re requesting, how am I supposed to appeal this if there simply is no other associated account?

Has anyone ever ran into this issue, possibly an error?

Again, we’ve never had customer complaints, we’re always responsive, and there’s nothing wrong with our product listings.

Tags: Customer
697 replies
Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_jZWpyInw8RkYT
In reply to: Seller_nZkS8IP0W7Z7L's post

Congratulations @a8ra!

@tutublue @verizer @Oneida
See their post above with their appeal and attachments.

Thank you for sharing, @a8ra! (It probably should be marked as the Solution!)

Jump to reply
697 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_h6yoKUamdWsr6

Do you have any other accounts using your address or IP?

user profile
Seller_avPlU5mtaTcZQ

Have the same issue here. Account was deactivated 40 minutes ago with the same reason “account is related to different account”, but I definitely never had any other accounts and don’t understand what and how to fix it.

user profile
Seller_rttEqP2gpG5MY

We just got suspended too for the same reason. We have been selling here since 2008. We have no complaints. We only sell through FBA so we don’t have delivery problems. Our feedback is almost perfect through the years. We are completely confused.

The reactivation process says you have to deal with the related account first. How do we do that if we have no idea what account that is?

Mark

user profile
Seller_3hVj9IvtVRWiA

This may not apply to anyone but remember not to allow employees or the public access to your business wifi or network. Just in case an employee of yours decided one day to open an account and may have previously used your network.

Again, this may not apply to any of the above. Just an FYI

user profile
Seller_cY4cyHuMPaZBu

The same issue. Never had any problems or serious complaints from customers. Never made any attempts to make a second account.
I hope this is just Amazon’s temporary bug.
Please update how you solved your suspensions.

user profile
Seller_eddDB0JSSyJRF

I have no idea if this is related: today I noticed that I have three accounts linked to my account that I never heard of or set up myself. I have opened a case with Seller Support and am waiting to hear back. I’m curious if you go into your account settings under Linked Accounts if you see anything fishy there.

user profile
Seller_lYLz1roOGTQRE

Do you have a close relative or someone at your address who may have opened an account? An employee? Do you share bank accounts, credit cards, or inventory with another seller? Do you share computers with another seller? Office space? Home address? Lake cabin? One area I think trips up many sellers is selling the same merchandise mix.

Amazon is very good at finding relationships between accounts and account holders. I believe they use public records as well as data they collect on the platform. Perhaps sometimes they are too good and make a mistake – if so you have to try and figure out why it happened and address it in an appeal.

One advantage you have over past suspensions is that Amazon has started sharing some details of suspensions like this. So go through the process and see what they say.

user profile
Seller_jZWpyInw8RkYT

@tutublue
@NevaTrading
@verizer
@Let_s_Organic_Co
@CandRHotBuys (post)
@quirky_puppy (post)
@DBR_Designs

You have all had this same related account suspension in the past few hours, with no prior issues and no changes to your businesses, despite not being new to Amazon–is this accurate?

This is definitely fishy and sounds like a possible glitch.

ETA: I have flagged this topic for Forum mod attention, and @rms has tagged Susan, too (below).

user profile
Seller_ZDGgATBGegBqy

@SEAmod
Please look at this thread.

user profile
Seller_Q2SX8pd9T7o5o

You can add me to the list as well @papyrophilia

I’ve sent an appeal as well. Will definitely be following this thread closely!

Go to original post