Account suspended 10 min after registration. Any possibility to reinstate it or let it delete?

Dearl lovely fellow sellers,

I prepared 9 months to sell on Amazon.US FBA. Everything is focused on Amazon. But 10 minutes after I created my seller account it got suspended.

I received 3 times the following notification:

We are reviewing your Amazon.com seller account. During our review, you will not be able to sell on Amazon.com.

Please ship any open orders. If you have funds in your account, they will be available after any amounts paid for A-to-z claims or chargebacks on your orders have been deducted. This usually takes about 90 days, but funds may be held longer.

You can see your balance and settlement information in the Payments section of Seller Central. If you have questions about those, please send an email to payments-funds@amazon.com.

Please provide the following documents and confirm there is a valid credit card on file:

–Utility bill with name and address visible
–Business license, if applicable
–If you have active listings, include copies of invoices, receipts, contracts or delivery orders from your supplier issued in the last 90 days.

You can send files in .pdf, .png, or .gif format. These documents must be authentic and unaltered. You may remove pricing information, but the rest of the document must be visible. Please send the documents to seller-performance@amazon.com.

Once we receive your documents, we will review them and decide whether you may sell on Amazon.com again.

I confirmed that I have a valid credit card and sent them utility bills and my german Business registration/license as a sole proprietor.

After asking for a status update 9 after I received the following answer 2 days later.

We reviewed your account and the information you provided, and we have decided that you may not sell on Amazon.com.

Please ship any open orders. If you have funds in your account, they will be available after any amounts paid for A-to-z claims or chargebacks on your orders have been deducted. This usually takes about 90 days, but funds may be held longer.

You can see your balance and settlement information in the Payments section of Seller Central. If you have questions about those, please write to payments-funds@amazon.com.

Because for me the reason of the suspension was not clear I asked for the reason why I got suspended. I got the following answers:

Your Amazon selling account remains deactivated. Your listings have been removed. Funds will not be transferred to you and may be held for 90 days or longer. Please ship any open orders to avoid further impact to your account.

Why is this happening?
This decision was made after reviewing both your account and the information provided.

We may not respond to further emails about this issue.

And the second one is strange for me.

Hello,

This email address is not associated with a Seller Central account. Please write to us from the email address registered to your account so that we may better assist you.

After that I sent the following plan of action. Which I now think was not perfect.

I am contacting you to appeal the suspension of my selling privileges. As detailed below, I took the last few weeks to investigate what brought me to this situation and to ensure all my errors have been corrected. I am now confident I can stay away from similar complaints moving forward also I have never been noticed that I did something wrong.

I – What happened?

1. On March 14, 10 minutes after I registered my account, I received a notification that my account is under review and that I should sent in the following missing documents:
    a. Utility bill
    b. Business license
    c. And that I should confirm that I have entered a valid credit card.
    Which I confirm and sent 30 minutes after.

2. On March 15, I received the same notification where it was asked for a utility bill, business license and valid credit card. I did send it again on the same day.

3. On March 26, I received the same notification where it was asked for a utility bill, business license and valid credit card. I did send it again on the same day.

4. On March 28, I received a notification about about my review with the following text: “We reviewed your account and the information you provided, and we have decided that you may not sell on Amazon.com.”
    I never received any information about the reason or what is wrong with my account.

Had I received any sort of notice or warning I would have acted IMMEDIATELY to rectify any and all claims.

Please find below detailed explanation regarding II) issues that maybe have caused the complaint and III) actions I have taken to resolve the issue and to prevent similar issues arising.

II - Cause of the Problem - Unknown until now – Only assumptions from my side

Until today I did not receive any notification why my account got suspended.

I can only assume that it maybe was suspended because of

a. Usage of a Transferwise bank account
I entered my Transferwise bank account under the deposit method. The stated name was “TransferWise FBO first family name”. I wanted to use this to reduce the exchange rate between USD to EUR to offer cheaper products for Amazon customers.

b. Problem with different city names in English (Cologne) and German (Köln)
Probably there was an issue with my City name which is pronounced Cologne in English but written Köln in German. In my Passport, it is stated “Köln”. Or it was due to an issue of the correct spelling of my street name. In Germany street names often end with “…straße” but the Amazon system did not allow the usage of the special letter “ß” which is comparable to “ss”.

III - Plan of Action

1. Clearing up the entered account details
    A. As a first step, of course, I IMMEDIATELY I entered the bank account deposit details where the account owner name is the exact same as my name “first family name” and not as previous “TransferWise FBO first family name”.
    B. I have gone back through all of my other data that I have entered to ensure that they are according to the Amazon TOS.

2. Proactive Measures to Prevent Future Infringement:
    A. I will open a USD bank account where my account owner name will be my business name “Victor Lohde”. So that I can have a USD bank account and save the exchange rates to offer the Amazon customers a cheaper product.
    B. I retained an Amazon Compliance consultant, that will provide continuous Amazon policy support. This includes guidance for my listing and selling procedures and reviewing new Amazon policies as they are updated.

I believe that I have fixed the root cause that suspended my account and that I have put in place standards of best practice to prevent any issues in the future.

The sale at Amazon is supposed to be my family’s future livelihood, and I would NEVER deliberately expose myself to the risk of losing this privilege. In all future cases, I will take the utmost care to meticulously examine all images and marketing materials to ensure that they are entirely my own. Thank you very much for this opportunity to be a compliant Amazon seller.

I respectfully seek approval of the above Plan of action and the reinstatement of my account. Please let me know what needs to be done to reinstate my account and what can I do to make your job task easier.

Thank you for your time,

Name
COMPANY NAME Founder
+49 Tel

Appendix:

• Utility bill
  • Business license
  • My passport

I will highly appreciate every hint you could give me to sell on Amazon US. The product and everything is prepared to start sending it to the Amazon warehouse.

I cant open the help section anymore or get in contact with Amazon via phone. The system always directs me to the following suspension messaging window.

PS: I already read the nr 1 suspension thread

and many more threads here in the forum :slight_smile:. But all threads that were close related to my problem are already closed :confused:.

Please help me :pray:
Thanks in advance!

Many questions have been answered in the main sticky so no real reason for a wall of text:

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/t/info-why-was-my-account-suspended-immediately-after-registration/415889/4

Amazon never responds to direct inquiries, as to “why”, they are rejecting your application. If they did, we would never have so many threads, concerning this exact situation: No discernible explanations - just a flat out refusal.

Although German is one of the accepted languages, I wonder if the bots (or possibly a human), can translate the German?

Have no idea if these suggestions will help, but possibly worth a try:

1. Have your German documents, translated to English, by a certified translator.

2. After you successfully open a USD bank account and have a bank document that can be used, give it another shot.

3. Personally, I would eliminate the following:

• B. I retained an Amazon Compliance consultant, that will provide continuous Amazon policy support. This includes guidance for my listing and selling procedures and reviewing new Amazon policies as they are updated.

• The sale at Amazon is supposed to be my family’s future livelihood, and I would NEVER deliberately expose myself to the risk of losing this privilege. In all future cases, I will take the utmost care to meticulously examine all images and marketing materials to ensure that they are entirely my own. Thank you very much for this opportunity to be a compliant Amazon seller. (Amazon is not interested in anything personal and you have not yet listed anything, so technically, there is nothing to improve.)

After you open the bank USD bank account, from your registered Amazon email address, resend the translated documents and the new bank information, but also Cc: jeff@amazon.com (administrative team) - it sometimes helps, as a real person may actually read what you have written.

This is odd:

This email address is not associated with a Seller Central account. Please write to us from the email address registered to your account so that we may better assist you.

Is there any other email associated with a buyer’s account, possibly?

Edit to add:

DO NOT DELETE this account or attempt to open a new one. That will land you directly in violation of “Multiple Seller Accounts”, which is one of the most difficult suspensions to come back from.

these “stock” replies from Amazon really cause new sellers problems. half of the message they first sent you doesn’t even apply to you.
below is what to concentrate on. all names and addresses and such must match exactly!

All documentation needs to match. Unfortunately, if you opened your account in your personal name and are trying to send them your business license with a different name, they can cause problems. Added to that, if they are not in English, it makes it more difficult.

Do your utility bill, business license, and account have the same name?

Thanks for your response! :slight_smile:

Is there any other email associated with a buyer’s account, possibly?

Yes my German Amz buyer acc is linked to another email address than my Amz US seller account. Due to security reasons. Correct me if I am wrong but I dont think this should not be an issue or?

Yes, all have the same name. Just on my passport there is one additional middle name.

Thanks for your help.

Would you mind to give me a hint how I should approach them in the email to Jeff?
Would you resend also my edited POA?

How can your business license have the same name as your passport? I assume you are meaning that the documentation for your business license shows you are the sole proprietor.

Because it is low level support who is handling your appeal and your documents are in a different language, it is entirely possible that they just auto-denied it so they can get to the next appeal. Because your appeal has German documents, they may just skip over them and move on.

If you register in Germany for a sole proprietorship it can have only you personal name.

The rules accepted all documents in German and like five other big languages.

ALL the comments in this thread will be helpful to you.

Having a new account suspended immediately after opening it is extremely common – especially for non-US accounts. The reason is there are a lot of foreign accounts opened to scam customers.

From your long description I see two areas of concern:

• Having an Amazon Germany account AND an Amazon US account. Two Amazon seller accounts are generally not allowed, so this may be an issue. I don’t know for sure.
  • Your bank being listed as Transferwise. As far as I can tell from a Google search, Transferwise is not an actual bank, but an international funds transfer service. Because residents of some countries are not allowed to sell on Amazon and the transfer of funds to some countries is prohibited by US law, Transferwise might be viewed as a potential money laundering service to get around Amazon rules and/or US law.

This could be an issue.

Exactly the same manner in which you approach Seller Performance.

Yes. Resend the edited appeal, as well.

In essence, you are appealing to Seller Performance and adding jeff@amazon.com, as a Cc:, to make the department aware of the dilemma you (and others), constantly face.

You may start it off with a very brief opening, such as:

To whom it may concern:

I have complied with all requests, for opening a new seller account, but it appears, no one is actually reading my appeal. I have gone one step further, by translating the German documents, into English, even though this is not technically required, since German is an accepted Amazon language.

I have also opened a USD bank account, in an effort to comply, with the requirements.

Please look over the following appeal and attached documents, which were rejected, several times, by Seller Performance, for no readily apparent reason.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

(After this, start your appeal…)

I do strongly suggest, translating all the documents, to English, even though Amazon claims, German documents are acceptable.

I tried it last Thursday with the hint of the other thread with table overview of all entered name infos, but no response yet. Is it normal that you also not always get a response from “Jeff’s” email?
I did not translated all documents from German to english as it would take another 1,5 weeks and cost approx 200-300 USD.

Nevertheless maybe I still need to translate them. When translating the documents, do they need to have exact same layout as the original documents? Because the business license has a lot of tables in it etc. or is it ok if it is just listed?

Is there any other email than jeff@amazon.com?
Someone said try also jeff.b@amazon.com is that working?

YEESSS.

7 weeks after my registration and around 3 weeks after writing to jeff my suspension got removed!

What have I done?

I followed the advice to create a sheet overview of all my personal data that I submitted to Amazon like in the mentioned post before. Additionally I added my POA as an external file.

Good Luck guys. Its seems as the registration process take ages :slight_smile:

Congratulations! I m in the same situation. I probably missed some points at my registration.
( passport validity and bills other than electricity or internet.) I have all the documents now. Should I sent an email to jeff with the spreadsheet as explained and I attach all my copies?
What did you write in the mail itself?
Thank you

Sorry false Alarm.

My account is still deactivated.

Please see what happend to me and a lot of others here:

Yeah!
Do you mean you presented the data like I suggested in this comment here?