user profile
Sign in
user profile

Account Deactivated Due to Used Sold As New

by Seller_Lb1ocq3Ssbeco

Our account was deactivated on May 11, when we submitted a PoA to Amazon. We submitted the Plan on a Friday and on that following Monday, we received an email stating that they had not received anything from us, so they deactivated our account. When I called Amazon Account Health, I was told that they did receive my submission and that it was under review. I was very confused as to why our account had been deactivated, but I was told that there was nothing that could be done but to submit a successful Plan of Action. We have been working on that since then and the last PoA we submitted was on May 21. After waiting for almost two weeks, we finally heard something back from Amazon. We are very hopeful that we can put this behind us soon and get our account reactivated, but I wanted to stop here and ask for some advice first. Does anyone have any ideas on we can add below that is not already in there? I also know that it needs to be condensed somehow, but I’m not altogether certain how to manage that. I’m considering scrapping everything below and just starting over. We greatly appreciate anything that is contributed. We have been dealing with this for over a month now with almost daily conversations with Amazon’s Account Health Support Team.

This time they have requested:
“We received your submission, but you have not sent us sufficient information to address the complaints we received that your items appear to be used.
Please send an updated plan of action that contains:
Greater detail on the steps that you have taken to prevent future complaints about the condition of your items.”

This is what we had sent in previously (bear with me - it’s quite lengthy):
"We have several measures in place to prevent complaints in the future. We have closed the listings for all ASINs listed under the Product Condition Customer complaints of the Account Health dashboard and we will no longer sell these items when our account is reinstated. We have disposed of anything that could be considered used. Our company will continue to only buy products directly from the manufacturing companies. If we sell Florsheim, we order directly from Weyco Group, Inc., as that is the manufacturing company for that brand. If we sell Myra bags, we buy from Khemchand Handicraft, Inc., as that is the manufacturing facility for Myra bags. We will continue to always ship items in their original packaging, with additional protective packaging if needed. We will also continue to inspect each item that we receive from the manufacturers in order to ensure complete customer satisfaction. We will maintain our routine to inspect every item them we get back from Amazon FBA to make sure that we are not receiving damaged items back into our system and inventory. In fact, we have implemented a few changes to our inspection/shipping process to help with this type of situation. It is as follows:

• When the item is received, it is looked over by our receiving team. The items are unboxed in our freight room and we check each item for correct sizes, correct colors, manufacturer defects, damages that could have occurred during shipping from the manufacturing facility, and matching product descriptions on the box.

• The item is then added into our personal store inventory. After adding our own tags and scanning the UPCs into our system, it is then stored in our warehouse, sorted by brand and gender.

• When we receive an order for an item, it is pulled from our warehouse. The item is brought to our online orders clerk. From there, it is matched to a receipt, if it is being fulfilled by the merchant. If it is being shipped FBA, it is brought to our FBA clerk. The item is then inspected again to check for correct sizes, correct colors, manufacturer defects, matching product descriptions on the box, and damages that could result from sitting in the warehouse.

• The item is then transferred to our shipping clerk or our FBA clerk who packages and ships the item. Depending on the item, they are packaged as follows:

o If we are shipping household items, the item is first wrapped in bubble wrap. It is then placed inside a box and covered with peanuts. This prevents the item from moving too much and breaking during shipment. Fragile items are marked with a fragile sticker on each side of the box to assure gentle handling.
o If we are shipping clothing or accessories, the item is placed in a clear bag with a suffocation warning printed on it and sealed. This prevents any dirt and grime that enters during transportation from damaging the cloth material. It is then placed in either a box or a poly-mailer depending on size.
o If we are packaging shoes, we make sure that the protective paper in the shoe box is correctly wrapped around the shoes. The item is then placed in a box not much bigger than the shoes box. This prevents the item from moving too much in the shipping box and damaging the shoes box. If it moves, the shipping box is stuffed with packing paper, peanuts, or bubble wrap in order to prevent further movement.

• The box is then taped shut along every edge of all four flaps (top and bottom) and set aside to await pickup from the corresponding shipping company. This helps prevent dust and debris from entering the box and damaging the items. This also prevents tearing of the box and other damage during transit to the customer.

• Once the customer receives their item or when an item is sent back to FBA, we send out a proactive feedback request. We have a program that automatically sends out a message to the customer thanking them for their purchase and asking if there was anything we can improve on. Any information that they can provide is helpful in making the experience for the next customer better. Any time that a customer reports a defective or damaged item, we create a removal order for that item and temporarily deactivate the listing to guarantee that the product is inspected and disposed of properly.

Even with all of the detail that goes in to the inspection process, items tend to slip through and get shipped to customers. That is why we will also begin to inspect our inventory regularly every six months when we do our physical inventory scan. The items will be inspected for each of the points mentioned in the inspection process above - correct sizes, correct colors, manufacturer defects, matching product descriptions on the box, and damages that could result from sitting in the warehouse.
This new process will help us to avoid future customer complaints. We will continue to duly inspect every item before it leaves our doors and to do everything within our power in order to ensure complete customer satisfaction, both through Amazon fulfillment and merchant fulfillment."

Again, any help is appreciated!

Tags: FBA, Fulfillment, INR (item not received), Lost shipment, Packaging, Shipping, Warehouse
9 replies
9 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Cassie_Amazon_old
In reply to: Seller_Lb1ocq3Ssbeco's post

Hello @Martin_s_Online,

Cassie with Amazon here.

I understand that your account was deactivated due to used sold as new complaints and that we have asked for more information about your preventative steps. It is important that each submission contains the root cause, corrective actions, and preventative steps. Would you be able to share your entire plan of action so that we can fully understand the issue? For now, I will provide feedback based on the information provided.

Since these are actions that you have already completed, you can move this information to your corrective steps.

Will you have a similar process before sending products to the FBA warehouse? What will the inspection process look like when you receive the products from the manufacturer?

I think that you could better structure this information using bullet points or shorter paragraphs. This will help ease readability and prevent you from providing repetitive information. If the point is already included in the section below, it is not necessary to mention it here.

This content is very strong. As an outsider, I can see what your processes will look like for handling FBA returns, packaging, and semi-annual inspections.

I hope that you find this feedback helpful. Keep us updated.

-Cassie

user profile
Seller_96JGpQGbB95az

Hi @Martin_s_Online,

Crystal here with some feedback for your posted appeal.

Is this the beginning of your plan of action? I advise limiting your appeal to focus on why the customer did not have the experience of receiving a new product and identify areas of improvement that will help you avoid future complaints.

I would also recommend focusing your root cause on the processes and steps that are under your control (such as the listing and packaging), and refrain from including information that points the finger of blame at the buyer as this may be perceived as a lack of ownership. Have you done a deep dive to understand why the buyer may have had a different expectation to what was received? Could there be a possibility of inaccurate/misleading information that may have led the buyer to expect another product instead?

These are also good insights to include.

These are clear corrective measures.

For your preventative steps, I advise removing any repetitive information. For example, you mentioned including additional protective packaging several times in your plan of action. While the in-depth details are crucial, the information highlighted above is not required, and distracts from the key issues.

As part of your appeal, you are also required to submit invoices meeting the following criteria: Have been issued in the last 365 days, reflect sales volume during the last 365 days (if applicable), include contact information for supplier and buyer, including name, phone number, address, and website. They must also be authentic and unaltered.

If you are unable to meet the document requirements, please provide a clear explanation in your plan of action detailing this.

I hope this helps you in revising your appeal. All the best.

Cheers,
Crystal

user profile
Cassie_Amazon_old

Hello @Martin_s_Online,

Cassie with Amazon here.

Thank you for submitting updates on your plan of action. Your appeal has greatly improved since your original post. I can see that you have taken our feedback into consideration when revising your plan. Have you received any additional notifications since submitting this appeal?

Keep us updated.

-Cassie

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post