That is where you made your error. The message that they sent you should have been taken as a Return request.
This is what we send,
We understand that your garment is to XXXX, and you would like to return it.
The below are the directions on how to do a RA request within your orders.
- Go to your Amazon orders page.
- Each order will be in a box.
- Click the Return items button on the right side.
- Click the checkmark next to each product you want to return.
- On the right-side of the products you want to return, select a reason for return from the drop-down menu. In your case the reason would be: Return Reason: XXXX
You may do the above, or you may consider this message as your Return Request with the RA# and it will take the place of that.
Please use the below address for your return information with RA# .
That way you’re covered should they take it to an A-Z, as you’ve given them your return information.
The A-Z being placed outside of the return window doesn’t matter, what would matter is when they requested to be able to send the item back.
Now, as for defending the A-Z claim all you can do is try. But I believe the issue is that you didn’t send them return information when they contacted you directly.
Order Received XXXX
Order Shipped XXXX
Customer contacted us on XXXX in which we responded in giving them directions as to how to open a return request.
Please deny this request as we have not received this item back to us as of yet.
Once we receive this we will refund in accordance to Amazon Guidelines