user profile
Sign in
user profile

A-Z Claim Granted - FedEx Delivered - Signature Release On File

by Seller_ztHjZgpo8JPj1

Hi All,

We fulfilled a two day order recently via FedEx with signature required ($200+ order).

Delivery took place on time however FedEx tracking shows Signature Release On File. The customer has then claimed non-receipt and opened an A-Z.

As we understand from FedEx, Signature Release on File means that the customer has a prior arrangement with FedEx for packages to be left at their property without signature (due to the prior authorization). This overrides our requirement for a signature on delivery and indemnifies FedEx as the risk passes to the recipient.

Amazon have granted the claim straight off the bat citing the following reason:

“In this case, the customer claimed an issue with delivery and the tracking information you provided was either insufficient or the order was not actually received by the customer.”

This is worrying situation since a customer can override a signature confirmation and then claim INR with impunity…

I am now trying to get FedEx to produce a copy of the arrangement with the buyer. We do have the option to appeal for 30 days which I fully intend on doing.

Does anybody have experience of this situation as it must be fairly common? I would have thought that as an approved carrier, Amazon would know that buyers have this convenience option and the seller is powerless to stop it and would give the benefit of the doubt to the seller.

Also if we successfully appeal the claim, will the A-Z defect be removed?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tags: FedEx, Fulfillment, INR (item not received)
12 replies
12 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_VPTojhikJPGtl
In reply to: Seller_ztHjZgpo8JPj1's post

Does the tracking actually show a signature? Some signature releases do. If not AtoZ doesn’t understand this. Appeal the AtoZ.

user profile
Seller_WQj6Zg0jH6DBA

Was the fedex label the only label? or was there an initial label purchase and subsequent void?

user profile
Seller_GZ5j2mcPir8Rn

Did you purchase the label through Amazon shipping?
If so, did Amazon fund the A-Z?

user profile
Seller_F4jXaTej2OLpS

This happened to me the other day to a $1,000+ product and Amazon granted an A-Z claim despite us comping an over night delivery (per customer) with a signature confirmation. I tried to immediately file a SAFE-T claim and was told that I had to wait for 14 days.

It’s ridiculous…

user profile
Seller_RH5P8CqOqaNrO

“Signature Release on File means that the customer has a prior arrangement with FedEx for packages to be left at their property without signature (due to the prior authorization). This overrides our requirement for a signature on delivery and indemnifies FedEx as the risk passes to the recipient.”

That I know is true.

user profile
Seller_BkdLpb4k6dcdt

That sucks. We ship $600-2000 items all the time via FedEx with signature required. It looks like there is no protection against bad buyers at all.

user profile
Seller_7y8JzCDDg5Bcz

You’re mistaken. Signature release does not mean a prior arrangement. It means no signature was required when shipped

We’ve never had a problem with FedEx non-delivery receipt…ever. FedEx tracking is the best and ironclad. Talk to the buyer also. You should still win on appeal

user profile
Seller_M04MjNuWAA1Xz

If you get nowhere with Amazon, then file a claim with FedEx. They will open an investigation, speak with the recipient and likely revoke their signature release privileges. It does not matter what agreement FedEx may have with the recipient, it is you that paid for the label and extra service to prove delivery and yet they can’t.

This brings me to my next point. FedEx collected a fee from you for a service which they did not provide. If the package is to be left unattended, without a direct signature, then you should have never been billed for the extra service if FedEx had a release on file.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post