user profile
Sign in
user profile

A-Z Claim for lost package

by Seller_zf6I5n4PVMmPJ

A customer filed an A-Z claim at the end of the day today for package not received.

First she sent a message looking for the package and was upset that she hadn’t received it, as she’s never had to wait this long to receive a package from Amazon. Her msg. came through at 5:09pm, and she filed the A-Z claim at 5:37pm.

I didn’t see the msg. right away as we were processing orders at that time. By the time we were done for the day and I had a chance to check emails, the A-Z had been filed.

Today was the last day within Amazon’s time frame for on time delivery. The package does seem to be lost according to the tracking info. Had I seen the email right as she sent it, I would have refunded her for the package since she hadn’t received it yet, since the last day on time window was today.

She didn’t really give me much of a chance to respond to her in the msg and to give her the refund, she filed the A-Z claim 28 minutes later. I would still like to refund her for the lost package.

Is there a certain sequence that I should follow for the refund and response to the A-Z claim so that I can try to win the A-Z? Thank you in advance for any help anyone has for me.

Tags: A to Z Claims, Customer, Refunds
45 replies
45 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_AN5jNJP2fLtXq
In reply to: Seller_zf6I5n4PVMmPJ's post

Not really. You refund, they will close the claim, your metrics will take the hit.

bunga bunga!

user profile
Seller_zf6I5n4PVMmPJ

Thank you both for your help. That’s what I figured but thought to check on here first. I thought maybe there was a slight chance of my metrics not getting a hit since the last delivery date was today and everything that followed happened so fast.

Thanks again,
Angela

user profile
Seller_bWU6w5XvXmIfs

Don’t worry, even if you refunded her immediately after the message was sent, it would not prevent her opening an A-Z claim. It takes approx. 4 hours for the refund to be processed and until then, the buyer can still open a claim.

Now, when the claim is open, you can represent your case or ask the buyer to withdraw the claim. You have nothing to lose. There is no reason to refund her immediately.

user profile
Seller_up337mG454Roy

You will have to represent your side. State facts: Amazon timeline for delivery. Your package is being in transit within timeline. And do NOT refund now.

user profile
Seller_uPXKEZAdYjLr8

What was the reason she gave for the A to Z? Does it qualify for amazon to cover it as INR?
Just remember, you cannot now refund anything or it will go against you. You have to let amazon decide and you must represent your side.
It may just get auto approved and paid without it mattering what you say if she did it as an INR claim and you qualify.

user profile
Seller_OAYXK7cie2kNz

Watch that tracking number, I bet that package will either show up back to your place or finally get delivered to the buyer. Happens all the time.

The last issue we had was a buyer opened a AZ claim on the day that the item was going to be delivered, they knew exactly what they was up to. INR claim should not even be made available to after the deliver by date.

user profile
Seller_hYbBmERufokO9

Since the package is not technically late with today being the last day for delivery you should wait to see if it delivers. Many times there are not tracking updates until delivery. If tracking does not show delivered by tomorrow then consider refunding if there is no additional tracking on the package.

user profile
Seller_zf6I5n4PVMmPJ

Thank you everyone for your help and views on this. As I said before, I’ve been selling on Amazon since 2007 and this is probly my third or fourth A-Z, the others were denied.

I feel like my biggest fault was not seeing her msg. the minute that she sent it, and responding to her right away, and also for responding to the A-Z when I was tired and not thinking too clearly. It’s been a rough couple of weeks, and I’ve been working a lot of hours trying to do too much all at once.

Lesson learned is not to jump the gun right away. Waiting until this morning when I can think clearly could have done wonders.

The good news is that there’s many great customers to off set these kind of customers. My metrics are pretty good, but it would have been great to have been able keep them that way.

It’s not showing on my metrics as of yet, I’m guessing that the A-Z takes a day or two to catch up to metrics?

Again, thank you all, I appreciate your help!
Angela

user profile
Seller_KaD8860LdorRW

Did you use Amazon shipping ? represent your case

user profile
Seller_Z6qJOVIwJZwiH

If AZ is opened, never refund without a fight.

Go to original post