user profile
Sign in
user profile

$6000 in sales but receiving $1300?

by Seller_ghSnSk8r0gZmi

Hi everyone,
I had some problems with Amazon understanding my banking here in Canada but they told me they had fixed it and my money would arrive shortly. I sell in North America and have $6000 in sales. Amazon just informed me that I would be receiving about $1300 shortly. Am I to understand that $4300 was Amazon fees and charges? Something isn’t right here.
I opened a case but want to know the forums opinions while I wait for them to reply.

Tags: Bank account
4 replies
4 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_hEK1BzjtMmufx
In reply to: Seller_ghSnSk8r0gZmi's post

The lack of detail makes this impossible to answer.

Do you what the fees are? What would you have expected to make.

user profile
Seller_DdmPiA1p1S2Wu

Go to Reports > Payments and see what it shows in the breakdown.

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

Wow, you may not want to be in business if you do not already know that fees Amazon charges.

It is all shown on Reports, Payments. Could be that you are subject to an account level reserve.

You could also be selling for not much profit.

user profile
Seller_kihHBbnx1VFqC

Without seeing the actual information, it is a bit hard to give you an exact answer, but I will try.

Most likely, the $4,300 they held back is about $2,000 fees and the rest are in reserve. Amazon keeps a reserve to make sure there is money to be refunded if your customers return the product they bought.

On Seller Central go to Reports then payments, To the left of the visual graph you will see a box and there should be a heading "Begining Balance, which is the amount carried forward from previous settlement period, including any amount that we were unable to transfer to your bank account.

Also on the Payment page, you can choose the settlement period you are asking about and it should provide you with all the info as well.

All in all, it took me forever to figure it out, and for the most part, not enough detail or clarity.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post