user profile
Sign in
user profile

4th of July holiday

by Seller_O1W2nH5aavcwY

Does anyone know if Amazon is honoring an additional day for shipping out for Prime orders due to the 4th falling on a Saturday this year? Example if said order comes in on the 4th or 5th of July would it need to ship on the 6th like normal or will this be the observed holiday? Looking to see if they are observing the 3rd or the 6th if anyone knows where I can retrieve this information from that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Sheryl

Tags: Prime, Shipping
46 replies
46 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_KSgD6BXJKCE6D
In reply to: Seller_O1W2nH5aavcwY's post

Independence Day will be observed on July 3rd.

about.usps: newsroom/events

Moderator Edit (James_Amazon): External URL Removed

user profile
Seller_gme6aq8vLWpK4

Good question, preparing early. Thank you for bringing it up.

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

I am sorry, but July 4 will be observed on July 4. Mail pickups will be normal on July 3.

FedEx and UPS are both open and running on July 3.

user profile
Seller_AJ8SzzrXJpQN1

As mentioned by @JwsMarket, the July 4th holiday will be observed on July 4th. Saturday and Sunday are not considered business days and therefore the holiday falling on a Saturday should have no bearing on how Amazon determines shipping times. You are expected to ship and deliver the same as any other weekend.

user profile
Seller_ToPPYvOWlyp9j

This is what I found on the the USPS website stating postal holidays:

*This year, July 4 (the legal public holiday for Independence Day) falls on a Saturday. Post Offices will be closed and there will be no mail or package deliveries. Postal employees: Either Friday, July 3, or Saturday, July 4, will be treated as a holiday depending on employee duties and regular schedule. Check with your manager or supervisor for information on how this impacts you.

user profile
Seller_ToPPYvOWlyp9j

I may be wrong, but was under the impression that USPS cannot stop mail delivery for 2 scheduled days in a row. One reason, among many, that most gov. holidays fall on Monday, linked to Sundays which aren’t scheduled delivery days, at least pre-Amazon.

Even if the president gives gov. employees an extra day off- I recollect this occurred when X-mas fell on Thursday and Friday became a gov. holiday by proclamation, I don’t believe USPS is included.

user profile
Seller_DZ1maDmp7Xt2o

Norkan_INC_Warren_Mi

Sheryl just because they don’t have counter service, doesn’t mean that there aren’t all kinds of things going on in the background … I spoke to one of my counter people at my favorite post office on motor near Venice, and he elected to work the last holiday, they get really good extra pay… you’re aren’t aware of … central processing stations pretty much operate Around the Clock, truckers are still taking full loads to those processing stations … From Los Angeles they’re still taking things to be loaded on airplanes to go across the country… trucked within the state…

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

Mail moves everyday but Thanksgiving and Christmas day. But that is not the OP’s question.

July 3rd is a regular day. July 4th which this year is a Saturday, normal mail will not be delivered. Counters will be closed.

We are on a commercial route, we’ll be asked if we want a pickup. We skip the July 4th weekend.

user profile
Seller_XFj8akGqahG0f
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_WQj6Zg0jH6DBA
Go to original post