user profile
Sign in
user profile

2022 New Forum Bugs and Wish List

by Seller_9Uf78DYSZ2lcW

Maybe having those of us who are in the new forum experience have a single place to share our bug reports and our Wish list for improvements might help the developers know what we are most wanting to see.

I will start by listing the things I already mentioned in my Call or that I've already mentioned elsewhere in the forum.

1-Need direct or private messaging

2-Let me set a preference about what I want to see (ie- Recommended, Newest, Oldest, most votes) I personally want to see the newest stuff usually, I'm rather annoyed about the Recommended stuff always being shown to me.

3-Give us a button for Collapse/expand all in the thread. With the way the nested replies work, they tend to always show it collapsed and you have to click on each link to expand them. It would be nice to have a single button near the filters (under the original post) where you could expand all or collapse all of the nested replies, I personally like to read a new thread with them expanded.

4-Bookmarks, must have bookmarks for threads I want to be able to find again in the future!!!!! (I do not want to use my browser to bookmark because then I wind up with a huge folder full of bookmarks that just say Amazon and I have no good way to keep track of which one is which.) Give is a way to keep track within the database that we are bookmarking.

5-Need a general category since right now there really isn't a good place to put a thread like this one. I'm choosing account setup since you get access to post in the forums with your seller account set up. And I'm choosing the Seller Central Tag because the Forum comes along with Seller Central.

6- I just noticed that it would be nice to have a quick way to get back to the Top when I've scrolled to the bottom of a long thread and I don't see a good way to go back up other than scrolling.

7-Need a more advanced search function.

8- Lighten Up! Thread needs to be available to New Forum!!!!! Everyone needs that comic relief every now and then.

FYI, in case the browser rendering matters. I'm on Google Chrome for my Seller account.

Bugs I have noticed

Bug 1- I frequently get a error that it failed to post a reply, to refresh page and try again. Refreshing the page doesn't work. Sometimes I've been able to come back to the page the next day and post.

Bug-2- The Left collumn with recommendations keeps flashing or refreshing going black and then re-drawing while I am tying this and it is getting really annoying.

Bug-3 When tying a reply to a thread, it keeps flashing as it is saving. Really annoying visually to have what you are tying on flashing every few seconds while it autosaves.

Bug-4 New forum Can't tag anyone.

Tags: Listings, Pricing
100 replies
100 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_syjmYvuDww6Az
In reply to: Seller_9Uf78DYSZ2lcW's post

Let’s not confuse “bugs” with “Amazon software enhancements.”

PS: How does one access the “new and improved” forums?

user profile
Seller_jZWpyInw8RkYT

@Bad_Mouse_Vinyl @Lost_My_Marbles @vespa
I know you have detailed posts elsewhere about issues with the new Forum, but you might want to add your notes to this topic…if you can see it.

Alternatively, if you need someone to copy/paste or link your posts here, please let us know.

user profile
Seller_9Uf78DYSZ2lcW

Another bug I guess.

When typing a reply the post reply button winds up going below the bottom of the screen and I'm having to scroll in order to hit post reply. And again the whole autosave refresh moving the button up and down on me is making me twitch a little bit.

Another Wish List,

• Tagging, need to be able to Tag users
  • Quoting. I realize that the nested replies may be meant to reduce the need to be able to quote something BUT the nesting only goes so deep and being able to quote a section of some one's post can make responding to a specific point so much more effective.
user profile
Seller_9Uf78DYSZ2lcW

While I was trying to edit a reply. The forum popped up a notice that there have been updates to the forum and that I should refresh and that I would NOT loose my draft.

so I refreshed.

I did loose my draft. (this MAY have been an issue of editing a reply pretty quickly after having already edited it and the forum taking a couple minutes to update the notifications.) So if you are editing a reply you made not long ago or editing a reply that you just made, and it pops up saying "refresh" you won't loose your Draft, don't believe it. Finish your edit before you refresh.

OK having to scroll all the way to the bottom of a thread in order to reveal the darn post reply button is annoying.

user profile
Seller_9Uf78DYSZ2lcW

To the Filter/Sort bar

Add Collapse all/Expand all toggle to that bar.

Add go to top go to bottom buttons to that bar

Repeat that bar at bottom of thread

Edit, I had put an image of the bar in this post. It did show up when I first posted it but now it has vanished.

For some reason the user profile image is missing from this post now too.

user profile
Seller_9Uf78DYSZ2lcW

OH I really wish it was a bit easier to paste a screenshot here.

I can easily get a small section of a screenshot into my clipboard but then I can't simply paste it into the forum. I have to go open an image editing software and paste it in there then I have to save the file. THEN I can hit the image button. THEN I have to go find the file and upload it.

Bonus about putting the clip into the image software is that I can then edit and block out sensitive into if needed. BUT it is so many extra steps if I have a small clip that needs no editing I just want to ctrl + v it into a post.

I know there are forum/social media software that can handle pasting directly from the clipboard. (I do it every day in one of the Discord servers I run.)

user profile
Seller_9Uf78DYSZ2lcW

And Why.

Or is it telling me that Amazon edited my post even if I'm the one who edited it?

Ok it seems that when I edit my post it tells me that Amazon edited it. I think there may have been other times the post got edited and it was amazon removing things from the post, like the image of the sort/filter bar.

user profile
Seller_9Uf78DYSZ2lcW

Has this been there all along?

Am I blind and just missed it or did it show up in the past 24 hours? Anyway, this is a good thing, Please make it a top/bottom button so people can jump either way. And add to it the sort/filter and expand/collapse functions. And If the notifications indicator could remain visible somewhere, that might be nice too.

user profile
Seller_pBEwo8CxxHc63

This new forum sounds like it’s the end of the road for me if it rolls out with this many bugs and lack of features. All reports I have heard this software should be in pre-alpha, not beta stage

user profile
Seller_xlf3vF516IRli

Here is my current List in addition to the stuff you've already listed:

• images - Images are showing up for Us on the new forums, and we can see old forum images, but old forum users still cannot see our images. I was told on my call that this was a temporary issue with the servers working to migrate stuff back and forth, but old forum users still can't see our images. incredibly unhelpful when we are trying to get help with anything that requires screen shots.
  • Main Search Bar - woefully lacking any useful function. It seems to show EVERY reply to a thread that somewhere mentioned what we are searching for instead of just showing us the posts in that thread that actually have what we are searching for. Also when searching for SPECIFIC threads, it's not bringing those up first. Needs some "filters" or advanced search functions badly.
  • No Post Numbers anymore - Aware that is probably because of the nesting feature, but perhaps a numbering system like "post #1.1 for first nested reply to comment #1 on a thread, #45.90 for the 90th reply to the 45th comment on the main post. I was trying to think of a way to integrate that into the new forums because old forum users can still LINK posts by number, and we can access them, but we don't see post numbers on new forums.
  • Lack of Tagging/DM's/Private Messaging - This is HUGE and needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.
  • Notifications for Tags and Replies - Currently it's not telling us WHAT post in a thread was replied to, only that we've received a reply to a post in the thread. Numbering would HELP with this.. If we know that comment #23.5 is being replied to, we know to go to Comment 23 in a thread, nested reply 5. Might take a little bit of a learning curve to learn this as a system, but would make notifications WAY more useful.

As I said, I have most of the same other issues you have, so won't go over them again. Lots of Errors when posting makes it frustrating to say the least. I've gotten to the point where BEFORE I click POST REPLY, I highlight and copy my post so I don't lose it in some sort of error.

Go to original post