user profile
Sign in
user profile

2022 Holiday Peak Fulfillment Fee

by News_Amazon

For many years, we have continued to evolve how we charge fulfillment fees to better reflect the underlying operational costs, while ensuring that we provide a great value for sellers. As we look ahead and prepare for the busy holiday shopping season, we expect greater utilization of our fulfillment network. Across the supply chain, this creates increased operating costs during this holiday peak period.

As a result, similar to other major carriers, we will introduce a holiday peak fulfillment fee from October 15, 2022, to January 14, 2023. The fee will be an average of USD 0.35 per item sold using US and Canada FBA. For specific fees by size and weight and for changes to other fulfillment methods, please visit the links below.

Our selling partners are incredibly important to us, and this is not a decision we made lightly. The entire industry sees increases in fulfillment and logistics costs during the holiday peak period due to the concentrated volume of shipments. We have previously absorbed these cost increases, but seasonal expenses are reaching new heights. As a result, we decided that similar to other carriers, we will implement a holiday peak fulfillment fee that applies during a timebound period each year.

FBA continues to provide a very high level of service to customers and a great value for sellers. With this change, Amazon’s fulfillment fees during this peak period will remain an average of 30% less expensive for slower standard shipping methods than other major third-party logistics providers, and an average of 70% less expensive than comparable two-day shipping alternatives.

To find a detailed rate chart applicable for your business, please visit the relevant Seller Central help pages for more information:

Tags: News and Announcements
191 replies
191 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_x6o9Gvi16YLhJ
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

Great! Another increase in fees!

user profile
Seller_0nWnN75VO7vhw

Not at all happy about this. I’m sure I won’t be the last.

user profile
Seller_gRqkURGXViRYG

imagine If you make .35 per item oh boy this is bad

user profile
Seller_bn8DWWmTSpHb0

I didn’t see mention of fbm fee increases so I’m relieved… for now

user profile
Seller_aEzr9PjpfpuxN

FBA fees should be a lot higher

user profile
Seller_T5Mv3ZCUSh7Zl

It’s a good thing we aren’t in a recession…

user profile
Seller_U6YKK4OOgB7e7

Not happy about it, another kick in the proverbial groin to Amazon vendors already struggling to pay their gas, food and utility bills.

user profile
Seller_MuIxTKj5xCLvz

Where exactly do I see the “detailed rate chart applicable for your business” or even holiday peak fulfillment amounts on the linked pages?

user profile
Seller_hWNFOM4zkbej8

Since the increase in items for the holidays won’t be enough commission for a company like Amazon… smh… anything to make the rich richer right???

user profile
Seller_goHyZNeCIg5rc

Another kick to sellers already struggling. I’m not happy about this. Not to mention, I’m sure Amazon will be implementing their usual increased storage fee costs on top of this too.

Go to original post