user profile
Sign in
user profile

2 A-to-Z Claims, same crook customer

by Seller_mgUpZ4SvgN1q3

Had customer with 2 separate orders in November/December, returned both orders “didn’t approve purchase”

Items came back this week. Both items had been opened, used, missing pieces, one was even missing the packaging and just came back wrapped in a sandwich bag. Total dishonest buyer.

I don’t normally fight fraudulent returns for small matters, but currently have 0/2122 transactions, so I went to bat and figured I could survive even if I was slapped with A to Zs on both, so I withheld 50% on both refunds, reported buyer abuse on both of them via Seller Support “report a violation”.

Sure enough, Buyer just opened up A-to-Z claims on both of them. I replied to both claims (see one of them below) and referenced the Seller Support cases (which both have pictures attached to them showing the items as they were returned used/open/missing parts). Haven’t heard back yet on either…

======
This is second instance of return abuse by this buyer (see previous case ID zzzzz ). Customer for order zzz-zzzz incorrectly chose reason code “unauthorized purchase” for this order. Item was returned in USED condition. Item packaging is OPEN (bottom corner torn open, customer partially re-taped package, see item poking through hole she tore open) and is MISSING one item from the package (small zzzzz was not returned). Customer is using incorrect return code to avoid paying for return shipping label. incorrectly chose reason code “unauthorized purchase” for this order. Please see pictures attached to case IDxxxx. 50% Restocking fee was applied to return, as the item is materially different than when we sent it to her (it was open & missing pieces).

=========
Anything else I should do to protect myself on these?

The interesting thing is that both packages had numbers written on them…one was like “74” and the other “46”…as if they had purchased TONS of stuff and ripped off a whole pile of sellers (which should help proving this easier)

Thanks!

Tags: Fees, Images, Pricing
62 replies
Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_rN1OJxuI7j6aM
In reply to: Seller_mgUpZ4SvgN1q3's post

I could be wrong and I am sure someone will correct me if I am but you are allowed to impose a 50% restocking fee if an item is returned in used condition for reason code “didn’t approve purchase”. Amazon does not hold third party sellers responsible for unauthorized purchases like they do for “inaccurate website description” or “received damaged item”.

Therefore, your A to Z response would have been better if you simply said:

– Customer returned product in used condition and missing parts

– See attached pictures

– Customer returned items using returned code "didn’t approve purchase"

– Amazon policy allows up to a 50% restocking fee for items returned in used condition with the return code "didn’t approve purchase"

– Therefore, the 50% restocking fee we applied to this return is in accordance with Amazon policy

** Thank you**

Don’t write paragraph stories/explanations for A to Z Claims. Don’t get personal in your reply. You diminish your chance of winning. Keep it extremely simple and to the point. Use bullet points and construct the bullet points to build a succinct, solid, and logical bullet proof defense. You are basically quickly telling the person reading your A to Z Claim how and why they are going to decide in your favor :).

Jump to reply
62 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_jcY7f0YZcYvE2
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_kMUbkDOzK9Ml9

Depending on how creative and persistent the buyer is, Amazon will eventually refund in full, they will fund it, you will keep your 50% restocking fee, however if A2Z is granted you will get dinged with defect.

user profile
Seller_mgUpZ4SvgN1q3

Yes, I understood the Safe-T was not for this, that the correct response should be to 1) refund 50% for used return, 2) report bad buyer, which I’ve done.

Just wondered if there’ anything else I should to to fight the AZs

Thanks!

user profile
Seller_M04MjNuWAA1Xz

Whenever we get scammed, we always reach out to the Amazon Executive team at jeff@amazon.com and request they offer a buyer ban option like eBay. As it stands now, the buyer that already scammed you twice can freely do it again since Amazon gives us no tools to protect your business.

Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_rN1OJxuI7j6aM

I could be wrong and I am sure someone will correct me if I am but you are allowed to impose a 50% restocking fee if an item is returned in used condition for reason code “didn’t approve purchase”. Amazon does not hold third party sellers responsible for unauthorized purchases like they do for “inaccurate website description” or “received damaged item”.

Therefore, your A to Z response would have been better if you simply said:

– Customer returned product in used condition and missing parts

– See attached pictures

– Customer returned items using returned code "didn’t approve purchase"

– Amazon policy allows up to a 50% restocking fee for items returned in used condition with the return code "didn’t approve purchase"

– Therefore, the 50% restocking fee we applied to this return is in accordance with Amazon policy

** Thank you**

Don’t write paragraph stories/explanations for A to Z Claims. Don’t get personal in your reply. You diminish your chance of winning. Keep it extremely simple and to the point. Use bullet points and construct the bullet points to build a succinct, solid, and logical bullet proof defense. You are basically quickly telling the person reading your A to Z Claim how and why they are going to decide in your favor :).

user profile
Seller_Uy2WH0lpkKFfk

I feel your pain. Lots of bad buyers on Amazon. Amazon supports their behavior

user profile
Seller_c3U2PpLbpiV2x

Very likely, Amazon will issue a refund for the remaining 50% out of their funds. The buyer then move on and scam future sellers. He/she might also spread the “great” experience and tell others to do the same.

user profile
Seller_gCtqewRIsRGNc

Don’t make this assumption. It could have been written there by the shipping company, possibly route numbers or carriers. Only deal with what you know for certain.

user profile
Seller_ppwQYDJK9Qxbv

Report them to SUSPECT-FRAUD@AMAZON.COM
(send an email with photos and detailed explanation).

user profile
Seller_7h8fwI9GjeZWh

More information about the product would help, such as the MSRP and type of product. Sounds like maybe the buyer got some used ones from a third party, bought your new ones and then returned the used one to you, keeping the new one which they may plan on selling.

Go to original post