user profile
Sign in
user profile

$1k of Inventory Missing From Inbound Check-In

by Seller_G7P5y3Mv7zVLq

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a little advice in this situation. I have had FC’s lose or miscount items before and seller support has been quick to reimburse us for that. After looking at our shipments I noticed 35 units of a product not checked in. I distinctly remember shipping this package as the distributor shipped them all in one package to us. Due to receiving the package just before the holidays, it took up quite a bit of space until we shipped it to Amazon after the holidays.

Package details: “Delivered”, 44 Lbs., and 25x19x18. There was very few items in the package other than these missing units. Shipping was purchased through Amazon.

When clicking on the “Reconcile” tab I am unable to investigate and am instead given this message: Investigation Completed - shipment contents counted and confirmed. Keep in mind this is a FC initiated investigation, not on my part. Seller support has told me that they cannot reopen this investigation. This is what Seller Support says:

"Please be informed that I tried reconciling your shipment from my end however system is not allowing us to proceed as the status is showing counted and confirmed.

Furthermore, I would like to inform you that we rely on the investigation completed by our fulfillment team as they do receive your units in real time and they always provide the accurate data and they update the status as “Investigation Completed - shipment contents counted and confirmed” only when they are sure about the quantity of the units received.

Further, as the investigation for shipment has already been complete with counted and confirmed hence, I would request you to cooperate for the same as we are working on our internal tool for better investigation on such scenario.

Units labeled ‘Ineligible For Investigation’ :

Once your shipment has been received, we automatically initiate an investigation on your behalf for certain products in your shipment. During the investigation, we will attempt to confirm the number of units received at multiple points for accuracy. If we are able to confirm the number of units received for a given product, the product will no longer be eligible for investigation.

The Fulfillment Center is sure of these units not being part of your shipment - after performing multiple checks for accuracy, which is why they made these units ineligible for investigation. This is also why you were unable to create the case from the reconcile tab of your shipment contents page, and instead, have manually written to us using the contact us page.

We as associates are strictly not allowed to override the FC’s decision. Therefore, I feel dispirited in telling you that I will not be able to conduct an investigation for this missing unit that is ineligible for investigation.

According to Amazon’s Policy regarding this, our Fulfillment Centers perform an automatic check for you in order to determine the accuracy of the item quantity received. This check is performed at multiple points for this accuracy. When our associates at the FC confirm that all the units shipped have been received, and that some units were never found in the shipment, they automatically label these missing units as being ineligible for investigation.

This Policy has made it mandatory for us seller support associates to not work on any units that have been marked as ‘Ineligible for Investigation’ by our Fulfillment Center. I hope you understand how we as associates cannot conduct this investigation as this policy is being evoked strongly and adherence to it has been made vital.

Therefore, we will not be able to assist you in reconciling this shipment. I do apologize about this situation.

We associates, from our end, still made the following attempts to check if your units could be located

We looked into your other shipments to see if your units had been mis-received, but did not find any.

We further looked in our holding accounts, to see if the units you are missing from your shipment could have been present there, but were again unsuccessful.

We have done all possible searches, but have come to the conclusion that there is no way to account for the missing units.

I do apologize that despite of my best efforts, I cannot go forward with investigating on these discrepancies, as I cannot account for the units in any manner. Neither will I be able to counter the Credit Operations team’s, or the FC’s, decision - of these units being Ineligible for Investigation."

This is completely absurd in my opinion, and it is unfathomable that I can’t even get any kind of investigation initiated by seller support. I am asking you all for advice on what to do or who to contact, because this situation makes us lose a lot of faith in Amazon receiving processes.

Thanks

Edited by: The Above LLC on Jan 29, 2018 12:38 PM

Edited by: The Above LLC on Jan 29, 2018 12:38 PM

Tags: Fulfillment, Fulfillment center, INR (item not received), Lost shipment, Shipping, Shipping labels
26 replies
26 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_unZxre80rtxW4
In reply to: Seller_G7P5y3Mv7zVLq's post

Which warehouse was your box delivered to?

Many sellers have experienced the same issue:

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=362363&tstart=45

user profile
Seller_cIIdgKwVd6QF7

They’re lying through their teeth, and everybody knows it.

They claimed 1 unit was missing from my shipment that had been Received In-Full, 15-days after they had it in their possession. I worked late into the night and submitted the following:

This shipment doesn’t even become eligible to Reconcile until tomorrow. Yet, before then, you claim my shipment was received in error, 15 DAYS AFTER IT WAS RECEIVED IN FULL.

January 12, 2018 10:00 PM

FBA Inbound Shipment Received In-Full (FBA5NZ977R)
screenshot

January 27, 2018 10:22 AM

FBA Inbound Shipment Problem (FBA5NZ977R)
screenshot

You correctly received 12 on January 12, 2018

xxxxxxx Plush Receipts
screenshot

From January 12, 2018 to January 22, 2018 you had all 12 in your possession.

xxxxxxx Plush Daily Inventory History P1
screenshot
xxxxxxx Plush Daily Inventory History P2
screenshot

It clearly disappeared from EWR4 on 1/26/2018
xxxxxxx Plush, 4.25" Received
screenshot

Now, kindly find my precious Valentine’s plush toy that has, without a doubt (according to your own reports), been in your possession since January 12, 2018, or reimburse us for the loss.

Then, remove the BOGUS charge you have made against the performance of my company.

Thank you.

The response:

Amazon Jan 29, 2018 05:48 AM
Greetings from Amazon Seller Support,

+Hi (my company). This is Morino, one of the member of the Missing from Inbound team. I sincerely apologize for the lengthy process of investigation and inconvenience that this has caused you.+

+I understand that you are requesting an investigation for unit you shipped under Shipment FBA5NZ977R. As requested I have investigated shipment. Our Credit Department reached a resolution on this matter. We’ve investigated this case on your behalf and I will be glad to assist you with the details.+

+After research, I have found out that the unit was not located by our fulfillment center team after the delivery was completed by the carrier. In this case, I have reviewed the information of the shipment and determined that an automatic investigation has been conducted on your shipment. Please be informed that, our FC team performs an automatic check on your behalf in order to determine the accuracy of the item quantity received. When our associates at the FC confirm that all the units shipped have been received, and that units were never found in the shipment, they automatically label these missing units as being ineligible for investigation. The shipment is no longer eligible for investigation as our fulfillment center confirmed the quantity of the shipment arrived at Fulfillment center.+

+This means that the units were already checked and investigated by our fulfillment center.+

+For more information, please click the link below:+

+Reconcile your shipment+
+https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/201214140?referral=A3UEYUJ6LLG7GD_AVY3VO4FXOX21&referral=A2MYAR1YPG125Z_AXKQF1CMDMII9+

+Thank you for your patience and understanding. We appreciate your contacting us and for giving us the opportunity to assist.+

+Thank you for selling with Amazon,+

Sound familiar. I reopened it once. They closed it. Next, I want them explain why their reports show they had this item, at every step.

Now, I submitted all that and they totally ignored all the facts. I could attach my worksheets and/or invoice from the manufacturer. But, in all honesty, the documentation I supplied will hold up in a court of law, or under Congressional scrutiny.

So, do what you can. When they turn you down again, take screenshots of everything (before they delete the case), and move the emails regarding the case out of your inbasket, so they can’t be recalled. Then, put in all in a box in the corner.

Next, add your name to list.

Thread: Petition to Jeff/Executive Team regarding FBA Issues.

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=362363&tstart=0

You’ll find a lot of discussion as to what has gone on, and some steps that are being taken to recover what they stole from us.

Funky

user profile
Seller_lYLz1roOGTQRE

Open a case. Describe the situation in as simple a manner as possible. When you get rejected ask to be contacted by a supervisor. Make specific reference to the size and weight of the shipment box that was “empty”. Be persistent and do not take no for an answer.

user profile
Seller_bXu6PSRF6VTRk

In Amazon’s view, the problem is entirely on the seller’s end. Meaning - the FC has decided you never shipped the item. I’m wondering if there was a FNSKU labeling issue or a catalog page issue during receiving for this particular product of yours. This could cause your product to not be received at all. The alternative is unconscionable - that Amazon would take and keep your product with no payment to you.

Also, knowing the weight of the boxes while in possession of UPS does not matter. Seller support for FBA has stated that they are unable to override the FC decision or to authorize reimbursement.

What I don’t get is that UPS says that the box is Amazon’s shipment and their responsibility once picked up, and the reimbursement policy states the following items are covered:

“Items lost or damaged while being shipped to an Amazon fulfillment center using Amazon partnered carriers (small parcel, less than truckload, and full truckload)”

This policy is broken and isn’t working.

From now on, we plan to photograph the shipment contents before sending them in. Yes, it is a hassle and takes time, but it is worth the $1K you’ve lost - right?

user profile
Seller_dDdzwfkEadQxY

Well…that doesn’t mean a thing.
I have - in writing - a statement from them (the missing inbound team) that they made a mistake during their initial investigation with one of my shipments.
So however sure they think they are - nothing is sure when it comes to them.

user profile
Seller_bXu6PSRF6VTRk

I was just reimbursed for a lost sku that was “ineligible for investigation”. I tried six different cases that were all denied - approaching it from different angles. In one case, the support rep said that the FC manager was adamant I would not be reimbursed.

Finally, I messaged Susan. She responded within a few days that she had opened a case to look into it. Three days later, I received a complete reimbursement for the lost inventory. Thank you, Susan.

I also asked an FBA contact about this issue and the lost inventory. He mentioned that several fulfillment centers have their inbound dock workers check in the shipments and also receive them in order to save time on the front end but that this can cause a lot of trouble on the back end when issues arise (misships, labeling problems, inaccurate quantities, etc). Because of the issues with the dual check-in/receive step, some fulfillment centers have abandoned that method and separated the steps in the process. Also, ONT8 uses robotic receiving - which, again, can generate problems when there are any shipments issues.

user profile
Seller_WfhHeOsC6KYQR

I shipped a package with 47 items from N.Y. to California over two weeks ago. I received email from amazon that my package has a mistake. I list 47 pcs, and there are 0 pcs in package.
I opened an investigation. I packed this myself, sealed, and handed to the ups driver. My items were all in one ziplock bag in the box. I was sending items to replenish short supply.
I wonder what will be here.

user profile
Seller_WfhHeOsC6KYQR

I did get an email a week ago that my pkg checked in to California. I got no further update, it happened before that the goods get distributed to multiple locations. Then I got this email yesterday stating there are 0 items in pkg

user profile
Seller_eIc3C5NfOC2lq

I am now losing more item too Amazon receiving then in the mail to customers. The just give standard answer. Claim it is investigated and items were not in the box. I know 100% that they were in the box as I pack and triple check everything

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post