user profile
Sign in
user profile

10 year old Account deactivated due to inactivity, new account immediately deactivated

by Seller_kkDbkpVislQHy

Hello Amazon community,

I recently wanted to sell on amazon again. I logged into my old seller account which was inactive for about 10 years and it stated to register a new account. My old account was in very good standing and I had a good rating. Not many sales but all positive.

When I logged onto my old account it would not let me move forward from the register page. I then created a new email and an account which was suspended within a few days.

I’ve read on another thread that if an account is inactive for a long period of time, amazon will have you create a new account with new email. Link to that forum below. I was under that impression and made a new account with no ill intent.

Both denials

I’ve also attached my 2 plan of actions. I’ve heard of the term “escalating” but have no idea how to do so. All I’ve gotten so far is automated responses.

Any ideas to get my account Reinstated? Any lawyer recommendations or should I do it myself. Could anyone help me with a contact to escalate or any sample plan of action I could use.

Thanks again everyone. I’ve been a long time amazon supporter and shopper. I wanted to sell used books. It’s a fun way to pass the time and make some extra cash.

Tags: Images, Pricing
31 replies
31 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_kkDbkpVislQHy
In reply to: Seller_kkDbkpVislQHy's post

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

user profile
Seller_oewHJOFDM7eyN

I am not sure what is going on but all new accounts must be vetted and the process takes about 30 days.
If you used all good documentation to set up a new account then you can open a case with SS and ask about the process.
Maybe on Thursday.

user profile
Seller_Xpktjspu2oF5C

You are not missing anything.

It will be a VERY rude awakening, this IS NOT THE SAME “amazon” you dealt with 10 years.

user profile
Seller_kkDbkpVislQHy

Well said @Skeeter.

user profile
Seller_RxTyqBmpWLFi1

Change the account name to Chung Li or something Chinese like that and they’ll allow it to be activated. And it won’t take 30 days. It doesn’t take all these fake new Chinese accounts that are “selling” items (but not shipping them) 30 days to activate. It will work like a charm.

user profile
Seller_UBmr6lV9X0ngT

did you happen to setup your new account by using the register here button, or did you just go thru like a new seller?
not sure about a POA being needed, they only ask for an explanation of things.

user profile
Seller_mhgPmhwLhlvcV

My friend had amazon account to sell textbooks instead of back to bookstore in end of semester. A year after not sold anything due to graduated, his seller account got closed but buyer account still active.

user profile
Seller_2gUhmEMhO9mgn

Dude, I am with you .
I have exact same situation with you right now. I am very pissed. My second account just gets suspended. I don’t know what to do now.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post