What makes Amazon Web Services developer forums great? You do, with your meaningful participation, and we'd like to recognize you for it. The forums will remember each of your efforts to help your peers as you collaborate to solve a problem. The more we help one another, the more we learn, the stronger becomes our community.
With Amazon Web Services community recognition, icons convey the extent to which a user has been actively supporting the forums users. It's our token of appreciation for contributions to the success of our development community, and a set of milestones for you, as you journey through Amazon Web Services to innovate.
How it works - The Basics
More details about...
- Question authors post the first message in a thread, and designate the thread as a "Question".
- Community members respond to Questions by posting a "Question Answer" within the same thread.
- Question authors read the Answers, and for each Question, they can designate up to 2 responses as "Helpful
Answers" and 1 as a "Correct Answer".
- The users who post Correct or Helpful Answers each receive 5 points per Helpful Answer, and 10 points per
- These points are summed for each user, generating a "Score".
- Certain Scores correspond to "Score Levels", and generate special icons for users who achieve those levels.
- no points available on this question
Now go forth and innovate!
- points still available
on this question
In order to filter through the general discussion "noise", users have the option to flag their post as a question.
This provides the community a visual clue to the fact that the poster is seeking an answer to his/her question.
Question authors are able to see their open & resolved questions in their profiles.
When a community member posts a question, other members are able to post an answer. In some cases, the answer is
just a hint, or helpful information to aid the poster in resolving this issue. This is classified as a "Helpful"
post (). In other cases, a
community member will post the specific answer to the original question. This is classified as a "Correct" post
(). The originator of the post will
be able to flag each response as either "Helpful" or "Correct", or not to flag a response at all. The originator of
the question will also be able to "close the loop" on the question by flagging the entire thread as answered, which
provides a visual clue to the community members.
Your individual score is simply the sum of points awarded over time for correct and helpful answers. Example: If you
have given 20 helpful answers and 10 correct answers, your score would be:
Score = (20 answers x 5 points/answer) + (10 answers x 10 points/answer) = 200 points.
As you accumulate points, you will progress through the following score levels, and receive the associated icons.
You can view your Score Level by Forum, Category, or at the main Community level.
||Seller Forums Score Level