Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Fulfillment By Amazon » General FBA Questions

Thread: How do I print FBA Product Labels (barcode labels) with the Dymo 450?
This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 86 - Pages: 6 [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] - Last Post: 22 Sep, 2017 10:40 PM by: Funky Monkey
Joyous K

Posted on: 28 Apr, 2017 11:52 AM   in response to: Funky Monkey in response to: Funky Monkey  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Funky - I do follow the steps in your Word doc but the labels won't print properly. I had to use DreamStonz' snapshot method and do one label at a time. Then the labels come out perfect. Right now printing one label at a time isn't an issue because I'm just getting started, but I'll definitely need to figure something out for the future.

Will try to figure out which screenshots would be most helpful to show the sequence. Thanks for sticking with this thread. B-)
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 0
Joyous K

Posted on: 28 Apr, 2017 12:28 PM   in response to: Joyous K in response to: Joyous K  
Joyous K

Posted on: 28 Apr, 2017 12:50 PM   in response to: Joyous K in response to: Joyous K  
I think just figured out what the problem was. Duh!

I was using books to practice with and since there's only one of each book I was trying to print the label for each book from one PDF. Your screenshot shows two products but you were printing multiple labels for only one product at a time. That means I'll still have to print each label one at a time for each individual product though, correct?

I thought we could create an FBA shipment of X number of products, then print the labels for the entire FBA shipment all from the same PDF.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 0
Funky Monkey

Posted on: 28 Apr, 2017 12:56 PM   in response to: Joyous K in response to: Joyous K  
Joyous K wrote:
I think just figured out what the problem was. Duh!

I was using books to practice with and since there's only one of each book I was trying to print the label for each book from one PDF. Your screenshot shows two products but you were printing multiple labels for only one product at a time. That means I'll still have to print each label one at a time for each individual product though, correct?

I thought we could create an FBA shipment of X number of products, then print the labels for the entire FBA shipment all from the same PDF.

Ah, ha.

To print all the labels at once, you'd have to go back to using Avery 5160 3-up labels, and a laser printer.

Doing them one at a time goes really fast, once you get into a rhythm. Tab, tab, tab, download.

With Firefox, my download button is right next to the home page (Amazon Seller Central). So, if I click the wrong button, I have to go back and erase the quantity of labels to print, and pick up where I left off. Of course, it only happens with bigger shipments.

Still, I would never go back.

Try the AMZ Labels application, it's free for 30-days; and well worth $4.95 a month.

Funky
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 2
Joyous K

Posted on: 29 Apr, 2017 4:28 AM   in response to: Funky Monkey in response to: Funky Monkey  
Funky Monkey wrote:
To print all the labels at once, you'd have to go back to using Avery 5160 3-up labels, and a laser printer.

I just spent over $200 on the Dymo (with labels) so I'm not buying another printer anytime soon. I agree that doing them one at a time won't be so bad, especially since I'm just getting started and won't have a huge inventory or large number of sales.

I looked at the amz label site but it's probably overkill for me at this point. It's bookmarked for the future so if all goes well maybe I'll end up signing up.

Thanks again for all your help.
Funky Monkey

Posted on: 30 Apr, 2017 5:40 PM   in response to: Joyous K in response to: Joyous K  
Joyous K wrote:
Funky Monkey wrote:

I just spent over $200 on the Dymo (with labels) so I'm not buying another printer anytime soon. I agree that doing them one at a time won't be so bad, especially since I'm just getting started and won't have a huge inventory or large number of sales.

I looked at the amz label site but it's probably overkill for me at this point. It's bookmarked for the future so if all goes well maybe I'll end up signing up.

Thanks again for all your help.

I treated myself to my Dymo 4XL with income from the Holiday Season, about 4-years ago. It was $495.00 at the time from Endicia.

It's proved to be worth twice the price.

Try printing your customer packing slips, theater and ball park tickets. It prints just about anything I send to it. (See screenshots.)

Enjoy...

Funky
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 2
Southern Guy's ...

Posted on: 30 Apr, 2017 9:03 PM   in response to: Richland Spring... in response to: Richland Spring...  
Here is what I found. I hope it helps

Edited by: Jake@SellerSupport on May 1, 2017 9:03 AM
Off Site URL Removed.
Funky Monkey

Posted on: 30 Apr, 2017 10:22 PM   in response to: Southern Guy's ... in response to: Southern Guy's ...  
Southern Guy's Goods wrote:

Anybody who finds this beneficial should be "sifting" through Amazon's FBA Seller University.

We don't need it.

Besides, following advice of anyone on an offsite link, generally doesn't end well.

Funky

Edited by: Jake@SellerSupport on May 1, 2017 9:00 AM
Off Site URL Removed.
Funky Monkey

Posted on: 01 May, 2017 12:19 PM   in response to: Funky Monkey in response to: Funky Monkey  
Funky Monkey wrote:
Southern Guy's Goods wrote:

Anybody who finds this beneficial should be "sifting" through Amazon's FBA Seller University.

We don't need it.

Besides, following advice of anyone on an offsite link, generally doesn't end well.

Funky

Edited by: Jake@SellerSupport on May 1, 2017 9:00 AM
Off Site URL Removed.

That's interesting. I did not include an offsite link.

Funky
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 1
CLC Book Sales

Posted on: 12 May, 2017 12:10 PM   in response to: Funky Monkey in response to: Funky Monkey  
Funky Monkey

Does the AZ option you recommend work with item labels, such as the labels that go on books I'm preparing to sell?

Their explanation shows it working on 4x6 labels for shipping filled boxes. It does not give an example of using this for the 30334 labels.

Like many others here. I've tried the method you outlined in your .doc file of quite a few months back. It did nor work for me. I am using a Windows machine and a LW 400 Turbo.

Thanks for the efforts to fix this. It would seem Amazon would make this easier to accomplish.
Funky Monkey

Posted on: 12 May, 2017 5:21 PM   in response to: CLC Book Sales in response to: CLC Book Sales  
CLC Book Sales wrote:
Funky Monkey

Does the AZ option you recommend work with item labels, such as the labels that go on books I'm preparing to sell?

Their explanation shows it working on 4x6 labels for shipping filled boxes. It does not give an example of using this for the 30334 labels.

Like many others here. I've tried the method you outlined in your .doc file of quite a few months back. It did nor work for me. I am using a Windows machine and a LW 400 Turbo.

Thanks for the efforts to fix this. It would seem Amazon would make this easier to accomplish.

AZ Labels allows us to print FBA Shipping and Box Labels on our thermal printers. There's really other way to it professionally.

I'm using Windows 7, and a Dymo 4XL. You should be able to print them by choosing the 44-up label option, and the Dymo Advanced Options to select Paper Output, Paper Size: 30334

Let me know how it goes?

Funky
E&a...

Posted on: 29 Jun, 2017 6:57 AM   in response to: Richland Spring... in response to: Richland Spring...  
Check out this blog they explain it step by step

Edited by: Jake@SellerSupport on Jun 30, 2017 8:17 AM
External URL Removed.
Funky Monkey

Posted on: 29 Jun, 2017 4:04 PM   in response to: E&a... in response to: E&a...  
E&Ntech wrote:
Check out this blog they explain it step by step
You're joking, right?

I guess if you wanted to follow 1,000 steps to get a simple label printed, someone that doesn't know any better might use it.

You could have saved the time had you read the entire thread.

Funky

P.S. Offsite links are not permitted on the forums.

Edited by: Jake@SellerSupport on Jun 30, 2017 8:18 AM
Quoted External URL Removed.
JWarehouse

Posted on: 01 Jul, 2017 6:28 AM   in response to: Funky Monkey in response to: Funky Monkey  
Can you help me? When I use your method it will only print the first label
Funky Monkey

Posted on: 01 Jul, 2017 1:29 PM   in response to: JWarehouse in response to: JWarehouse  
JWarehouse wrote:
Can you help me? When I use your method it will only print the first label
Enter 1 for the # of labels to print at the Label Products step in the Workflow.

Then, enter the number labels you want to print at the Copies: prompt in the Dymo dialog box.

So, you want to print 1 label x number of times.

Funky