Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: What kind of scam is this, can the mods get something done about this?
Thread Archived This thread has been archived - replies are not allowed.

Permlink Replies: 14 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 07 Oct, 2016 4:17 PM by: Slackin
Slackin

Posted on: 04 Sep, 2016 6:56 PM
Click to report abuse...
https://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding=UTF8&isAmazonFulfilled=0&isCBA=&orderID=&seller=A3PM59JQYJVH4&tab=&vasStoreID=

https://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding=UTF8&isAmazonFulfilled=0&isCBA=&orderID=&seller=A3351NB815BKFP&tab=&vasStoreID=

These 2 scam hijackers just showed up on one of my listings (and numerous other listings) with condition notes saying to email them for details

They have tons of used - like new listings with the following condition notes:
**NEW in BOX**Details and Orders - Write us only at: MAIL THANKS!
Here Is My Card...

Posted on: 04 Sep, 2016 7:01 PM   in response to: Slackin in response to: Slackin
Click to report abuse...
These are Chinese counterfeiters and Chinese scammers. They undercut prices and delay shipping as long as they can in order to walk away with the money after the mandatory 21-day hold from Amazon.

They come and go, stay for a few days but most likely get suspended quickly or never pass a review.
Slackin

Posted on: 04 Sep, 2016 7:06 PM   in response to: Here Is My Card... in response to: Here Is My Card...
Click to report abuse...
This one's slightly different

One of the sellers' store name is: All Details, Write to us: netshopts atGmail Com

They're trying to get buyers to email them to scam them, and obviously circumventing whatever filters amazon has in place to remove email addresses from names/listings.
gbayemporium

Posted on: 04 Sep, 2016 7:39 PM   in response to: Slackin in response to: Slackin
Click to report abuse...
So report them!
JHebbel

Posted on: 08 Sep, 2016 9:04 AM   in response to: gbayemporium in response to: gbayemporium
Click to report abuse...
How? You can't? I have not seen a mechanism in place that allows users to report sellers to Amazon.
theVidiot

Posted on: 08 Sep, 2016 9:08 AM   in response to: JHebbel in response to: JHebbel
Click to report abuse...
Try the Seller Support link at bottom of this page. Also there is a link to report on each specific item's page.

Edited by: theVidiot on Sep 8, 2016 9:10 AM
The Butcher The...

Posted on: 08 Sep, 2016 9:12 AM   in response to: Slackin in response to: Slackin
Click to report abuse...
Looks like they already got the boot. I'd say that was pretty fast...
hwalsh_books

Posted on: 08 Sep, 2016 9:13 AM   in response to: JHebbel in response to: JHebbel
Click to report abuse...
JHebbel wrote:
How? You can't? I have not seen a mechanism in place that allows users to report sellers to Amazon.
There is a link in very small font on the page that says "Tell us what you think about this page". It is not clear if this is a link to Amazon or the seller. I would assume it is the seller.

However you can report a violation by going to your seller home page. Click help. In the search box type report a violation. Click on Contact us to file a report and fill out the appropriate fields to open a case.
hwalsh_books

Posted on: 08 Sep, 2016 9:14 AM   in response to: The Butcher The... in response to: The Butcher The...
Click to report abuse...
The Butcher The Baker and the Candlestick Maker wrote:
Looks like they already got the boot. I'd say that was pretty fast...
I just opened their page. It is still active.
Slackin

Posted on: 08 Sep, 2016 9:16 AM   in response to: hwalsh_books in response to: hwalsh_books
Click to report abuse...
They have no items listed anymore.

New ones keep popping up with the same scam though..

I dunno how my ASIN got on their radar, since it's an item that sells about 5 a month.
Slightly Tuna

Posted on: 15 Sep, 2016 1:26 PM   in response to: Slackin in response to: Slackin
Click to report abuse...
I can't even see these postings if I sign in with my account. A long time ago, I reported scammers like this. I guess Amazon filtered them out for me. But if I sign out, I can see the posting just fine.
Earthmade Essen...

Posted on: 07 Oct, 2016 10:54 AM   in response to: Slackin in response to: Slackin
Click to report abuse...
I am a customer who just got taken by this scam (I was a former seller, which is how I'm logged in here). I'll explain how it works here. I'm currently waiting on a callback/email from Amazon about this to try to get my money back. Yeah, I should have seen it, but these guys have a system down and it looks so legit.

I am so embarrassed that this happened to me, but I am going to put that aside because I don't want legit sellers getting damaged by this. AND I need to make sure Amazon knows about it.

In fact, I'm so mad (at myself and at the scammers) that's how I found this thread...by searching for other listings because the way they do it, the listings disappear.

I just found another listing that I can share with Amazon (if they'll ever call me back!) so I'm using that to test it again to see what happens (no, not gonna purchase, duh. Gonna take the screen shots of the process to share.)

Okay, so here's how they got me. Yeah, it burns and I'm ashamed so no shaming please. I'm here to try to stop this sh*t.

They list a product with a "just launched" seller. They put it as used, but claim it's new in the description and put an email address to contact the seller first. The item is heavily discounted.

I sent an email, along with the link asking how to get the discount. The seller responds and says that the system won't let him put it up new for some reason. Of course, I believed that because I have sold before and I know sometimes the inner workings of Amazon and other retailers can go wonky. All they asked for was my name, address and phone so they could set up the order manually. They didn't ask for credit card info or anything like that.

Next I get an order from Amazon.com saying the order is ready for payment. Lemme tell ya...this looks legit and even has a link to click to go to the order page. I clicked the link and the product was still listed on the site. But here's where it changes. Below it (in the email) says that the order can only be paid with a gift card. That's where I should have stopped, but dummy me, I followed directions.

Even the email that they sent, had a link that I could click to put it in my cart, but I didn't try to buy it that way, I wanted the discount so I did as instructed.

As soon as I sent the gift card information, they told me it was invalid and had already been redeemed. I went back to the order email and clicked the link...sure enough, the item was deleted.

They redeemed the gift card, and deleted the link. Now I can't even pull it up to show Amazon.

It was at that point I was sitting there stunned, and realized I had been scammed. After banging my head against the wall for several minutes and crying like a baby, I gathered myself together and had Amazon call me via the help number. I explained what happened (to someone who I could barely understand) and told them they needed to have someone from Fraud call me. She said she'd send my information over and now I'm waiting to hear back, and hopefully get my money back.

I'm so mad, that now I'm on a mission. And I'm not even a seller! I just hate scammers.

But what boggles me is that Amazon has nothing in place to stop this. Is there NO vetting system when someone signs up to sell? I can't remember because for me it was years ago.

Anyway, I hope this helps you all keep an eye out. OH, and the listing won't be where there are a lot of other sellers. Only where there aren't any. They get in on the newest released items. Not sure how to find that.

TS

Posted on: 07 Oct, 2016 3:29 PM   in response to: Slackin in response to: Slackin
Click to report abuse...
Any customer that emails them to work out a deal deserves to be scammed haha
TS

Posted on: 07 Oct, 2016 3:33 PM   in response to: Earthmade Essen... in response to: Earthmade Essen...
Click to report abuse...
So, as a seller, how did not you know that in every step of this process, you/they were violating one policy or another? I mean, come on, no offense but please stop playing the "I swear I didn't know it was wrong" card... You knew exactly what you were doing hoping you would get an item at a discount.

Either that, or you have the IQ of a snail....

The funniest thing is that you are trying to get Amazon to help you. Good luck with that. I hope they ban your buyer account as well.
Slackin

Posted on: 07 Oct, 2016 4:17 PM   in response to: TS in response to: TS
Click to report abuse...
Jeez.. unreal if that story is true.

I mean yeah, as a seller I know that I can't list certain things either.. because I'm PROHIBITED from doing so. So a seller trying to sell things they're not allowed to list means they're probably someone who I don't want to do business with.

Amazon also won't be helping you get your money back because the scam didn't happen on amazon.com