Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » Order Management, Shipping, Feedback & Returns

Thread: Sellers spamming buyers begging feedback with emails
Thread Archived This thread has been archived - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 20 - Pages: 2 [ 1 2 | Next ] - Last Post: 23 Feb, 2016 8:26 AM by: pdsloss
pdsloss

Posted on: 18 Feb, 2016 9:39 AM  
Click to report abuse...
I am a seller and also a buyer on Amazon. I am ready to lose control here with the constant bombardment from sellers begging for good feedback after the sale. It is even becoming so stupid that they send these emails when I already left feedback! Some will continually email till you leave feedback…or send them a scathing email saying stop.

I buy hundreds of items from Amazon and do not need hundreds of extra emails. I leave feedback for items I think are really good but it should be my choice. The way it should be done, if at all, is like a seller did when I purchased something recently on ebay. They included a nice thank you note in the box and said if I loved their product they would appreciate feedback but if there was a problem, the email address was included to contact someone to correct any problem. It was very professional and only a few sentences.

Amazon should boot people who do this but I think it is encouraged. I think sellers should look at all of the complaints against them for this on google. This is nothing but unwanted spam and very unprofessional.

Since I am a seller, I would like more feedback too but I think you risk bad feedback when you send unwanted emails. I for one, will be respecting my buyers privacy and time. I may enclose a thank you note in with the product from now on which I thought was a nice touch. I suggest you reconsider doing this to your buyers. View the reply pdsloss selected as correct
Is this a helpful question? Yes 11   No
20 Replies
Sort replies by:
Lake

Posted on: 18 Feb, 2016 9:42 AM   in response to: pdsloss in response to: pdsloss  
Click to report abuse...
Report the seller emails as suspicious.

Report the most flagrant of them for harassment.

IF THIS ANNOYS YOU SO MUCH.

I have never gotten a FB request from an Amazon 3P seller. Just the requests from Amazon, so I suspect this is a problem tied to what you buy and who you buy from.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 5

pdsloss selected this reply as correct

View original question

rpgregory64

Posted on: 18 Feb, 2016 1:53 PM   in response to: pdsloss in response to: pdsloss  
Click to report abuse...

I know what you mean - as an also FREQUENT buyer on amazon I am noticing that

a) amazon is sending email requests for feedback that don't show item and only provide link to feedback page - for all orders just one feedback is being requested on - only way to find which order is to search orders for seller name.

b) amazon is sending emails for feedback on orders that feedback has already been given

c) some sellers are sending multiple feedback requests - one seller sent so many I actually contacted the seller via "ask question" and told them one more feedback request and I would give them less than 5 stars for amount of feedback requests -- as I recall this seller sent out 5 separate email requests on feedback on one order.

the above is only one of the many reasons I believe/wish amazon would loose the feedback system. Lynne

Was this reply helpful? Yes 7   No 1
Boardgames4Us

Posted on: 18 Feb, 2016 2:14 PM   in response to: pdsloss in response to: pdsloss  
Click to report abuse...
You should take a look at the Third Party Software and Services forum.

There are a number of sellers searching for products that will do just that: send requests for feedback to every buyer for every order and maybe remnders as well.

I think the expectation for receiving feedback has misguided some into thinking that they need a lot.

In reality, they don't need much and it is better that they only receive genuine feedback from those who want to leave it.

Usually, those who are keen to leave positive or negative feedback will do it when they receive the request from Amazon.

To make additional requests results in a perception of nagging which results in less positive (read negative) feedback or misinformed ratings (a 1 for good or a 3 for no opinion). That outome is never good.

And with the technology making the requests, the seller gets what they asked for - more feedback, but most of it is not positive. And that non-positive feedback happens faster and results in additional damage control to convince those who left non-positive feedback to change it. Most of those requests are ignored.

Dave
Was this reply helpful? Yes 6   No 0
pdsloss

Posted on: 18 Feb, 2016 4:52 PM   in response to: rpgregory64 in response to: rpgregory64  
Click to report abuse...
It is hard to believe that people think this is a non issue. Some have even suggested I get a separate email account to handle Amazon requests...really? Some of my purchases have 7 items and most are for my businesses along with a few books. Many times the 7 items are not from the same seller so I am ready to go nuts with these unwanted emails. I have tried to be nice, tried to get Amazon to turn it off, but now I am giving 1 star reviews and saying why. Some people do not seem to mind all the emails but I am running 7 businesses and would like to stop this.

I see no way to do it with Amazon so I will hit the people who think this is OK...it is not. I like the feedback system to check things out but I do leave feedback on things I find really nice. To badger people will bring out the more negative reviews where someone might just not have said anything. I think it should be someone's choice to leave it or not though, not be bombarded with spam.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 1
Marilyn's Attic

Posted on: 18 Feb, 2016 8:29 PM   in response to: pdsloss in response to: pdsloss
Helpful
Click to report abuse...
I feel for you. I HATE being nagged for fb. It's voluntary. I really hate getting the same form email from multiple companies. I hate worse when I've left it and they send me another nagogram. Sellers that do are sent a reply to not bother me again because they won't like the fb they get.

I'm good at leaving fb and product reviews in my own time. Nag me about it and you aren't getting it. Nag me twice and you won't like what you get. It's a real pet peeve. Fb should be organic with no pressure or expectation.it's VOLUNTARY. The only obligation a buyer has is to pay for their goods. You aren't owed fb. It's generous if they leave it. I'd never beg for it.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 6   No 1
Qwisp

Posted on: 18 Feb, 2016 9:24 PM   in response to: Marilyn's Attic in response to: Marilyn's Attic
Helpful
Click to report abuse...
Marilyn's Attic wrote:
I feel for you. I HATE being nagged for fb. It's voluntary. I really hate getting the same form email from multiple companies. I hate worse when I've left it and they send me another nagogram. Sellers that do are sent a reply to not bother me again because they won't like the fb they get.

I'm good at leaving fb and product reviews in my own time. Nag me about it and you aren't getting it. Nag me twice and you won't like what you get. It's a real pet peeve. Fb should be organic with no pressure or expectation.it's VOLUNTARY. The only obligation a buyer has is to pay for their goods. You aren't owed fb. It's generous if they leave it. I'd never beg for it.

The moment I get an email or a seller leaves a great big 22 pt flyer in my package requesting feedback, I'm ignoring you. Pester me again that feedback might not be what you want.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 6   No 1
pdsloss

Posted on: 18 Feb, 2016 9:29 PM   in response to: Marilyn's Attic in response to: Marilyn's Attic  
Click to report abuse...
I am so glad some of you feel the way I do. I really hope some of the sellers who send these begging/nagging emails can see the effect on people. There should be no pressure. My only obligation is to pay them. I never send an email after the sale unless something is wrong with the order or it is shipped differently...never for feedback.

I do leave feedback on many items and have recommended items. I will not recommend or even buy from anyone again who sends me even one of these emails. I don't leave FB when I am lukewarm about a product so then when they insist I leave it, it will not be what they want. While that might sound harsh, I think the top number I received in one day was 8! I was almost in a rage. LOL If I only got one a month or so I might not like it but would not be this upset but I buy a lot of mostly business and art type products but a lot of them. I also buy a lot of tools and computer equipment so what I buy is far from something weird.

I think the more people who leave this kind of message, maybe the more sellers will understand the emails are not well received by many people.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 0
pdsloss

Posted on: 18 Feb, 2016 9:51 PM   in response to: pdsloss in response to: pdsloss  
Click to report abuse...
Unanswered since there is no way to turn off the spam emails from sellers begging for feedback. There should be a method to be able to opt out.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 1
pdsloss

Posted on: 20 Feb, 2016 7:50 AM   in response to: pdsloss in response to: pdsloss  
Click to report abuse...
Now this has gone over the edge too far! I went to leave feedback for some products I really liked and the sellers had not sent me a follow up email begging for feedback. I clicked submit and get a message from Amazon saying my feedback was being reviewed and I would get ANOTHER EMAIL when it was approved!!! Are these people nuts? I am really close to done with this. Please stop with all of your spam emails Amazon. This must be a trend now since I am suddenly getting emails from everyone I buy from begging for feedback, not just Amazon.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 1
Red-tailed Hawk...

Posted on: 20 Feb, 2016 7:53 AM   in response to: pdsloss in response to: pdsloss  
Click to report abuse...
pdsloss wrote:
I clicked submit and get a message from Amazon saying my feedback was being reviewed and I would get ANOTHER EMAIL when it was approved!!!

You should consider calling Amazon Customer Service and complaining as a buyer. They're pretty responsive to buyer complaints.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 0
pdsloss

Posted on: 20 Feb, 2016 8:02 AM   in response to: Red-tailed Hawk... in response to: Red-tailed Hawk...  
Click to report abuse...
This will be call number 6 to Amazon but I will try one last time. Amazon has been great in the past for any problems and there have not been many, even with the large amount of items I buy. This is the only one I can't get handled.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 0
Red-tailed Hawk...

Posted on: 20 Feb, 2016 8:07 AM   in response to: pdsloss in response to: pdsloss  
Click to report abuse...
pdsloss wrote:
This will be call number 6 to Amazon

Sorry, I didn't realize you had called CS before.
flyinghouse

Posted on: 20 Feb, 2016 8:19 AM   in response to: pdsloss in response to: pdsloss  
Click to report abuse...
This thread is about feedback, but the details of your posts suggest you are talking about product reviews. Whether you like a product has nothing to do with feedback for the seller. And amazon vets product reviews; seller feedback goes up immediately.

Barb
flyinghouse

Posted on: 20 Feb, 2016 8:21 AM   in response to: Red-tailed Hawk... in response to: Red-tailed Hawk...  
Click to report abuse...
Red-tailed Hawk Music and More wrote:
pdsloss wrote:
I clicked submit and get a message from Amazon saying my feedback was being reviewed and I would get ANOTHER EMAIL when it was approved!!!

You should consider calling Amazon Customer Service and complaining as a buyer. They're pretty responsive to buyer complaints.

All buyers get that response from amazon upon posting a product review. Unless that is one of the notifications that can be turned off in account settings, but I don't think it is.

Barb