Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » Listing Management & Reports

Thread: Does Amazon use quantity values for ranking in search or browse results?
Thread Archived This thread has been archived - replies are not allowed.

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 11 Sep, 2014 7:30 AM by: Style
Bob's Gems

Posted on: 11 Sep, 2014 7:02 AM  
Click to report abuse...
Does listing quantity 50 help me more than listing quantity 3? Assuming, of course, that I don't get slammed by having to cancel since I'm out of stock? Amazon isn't very forthcoming about how various factors affect rankings.

I sell brand registered jewelry, so the buy box is not an issue (I should be the only seller on my detail page, except for the unscrupulous sellers who illegally list on my pages).

I've been keeping inventory counts artificially low and monitoring closely. I'd like to know if this is a good strategy. View the reply Bob's Gems selected as correct
Is this a helpful question? Yes 0   No
1 Reply
Sort replies by:

Bob's Gems selected this reply as correct

View original question

Style

Posted on: 11 Sep, 2014 7:30 AM   in response to: Bob's Gems in response to: Bob's Gems  
Click to report abuse...
Hey, Lucky...so happy to have another jewelry seller here!

I've been wondering about the quantity thing myself. Very complicated algorhythm. I suspect it has some impact. Also people just looking at it and clicking on it is a factor, but another seller who had studied that aspect of it said that an extreme number of clicks w/o purchase actually lowered items in searches.

For me, far and away the BIGGEST factor in something selling is the little "feature" across the bottom where it shows "people who viewed this..." I can tell which of my items are in that little picture, because I'll have off the charts sales on it for a couple days, then nothing.

So, my theory is quantity could have an impact, but I suspect it isn't large.

Style

(oh, by the way, viewed your storefront..some very, very nice and appropriately priced items. Looks like you are going to be busy making all your pics 1,000 px on longest side before October 22, though! I've got my 800 quality alerts down to under 100 now.)
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 0