Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: frequently bought together
Thread Archived This thread has been archived - replies are not allowed.

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 13 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 25 Apr, 2014 12:25 AM by: Eastern Peace F...
BNF Home Inc.

Posted on: 18 Dec, 2013 11:45 AM  
Click to report abuse...
Hi all,
Does anyone know how to set up a link like this indicating, frequently bought together,
http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KN1PS-1-Piece-Pouring-Accolade/dp/B0007QN054/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1387395776&sr=1-1&keywords=frequently+bought+together
I have a blanket and dog bed, and they both have matching designs and colors, and I would like customers to know this,
How could I possibly be doing something like this.
Thanks all
Is this a helpful question? Yes 3   No
13 Replies
Sort replies by:
3DPD

Posted on: 18 Dec, 2013 12:01 PM   in response to: BNF Home Inc. in response to: BNF Home Inc.  
Click to report abuse...
The only way for them to show as "frequently bought together" is if buyers frequently buy them together.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 13   No 1
happeeface

Posted on: 18 Dec, 2013 12:07 PM   in response to: BNF Home Inc. in response to: BNF Home Inc.  
Click to report abuse...
They actually have to be bought together frequently for Amazon to post that way. There's nothing you can do to encourage Amazon posting that except to hope people buy both often enough for it to be posted.

Good luck!
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 0
BNF Home Inc.

Posted on: 18 Dec, 2013 1:10 PM   in response to: BNF Home Inc. in response to: BNF Home Inc.  
Click to report abuse...
Alright, then I guess I'll have to wait and see
Thanks a lot, everyone
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 0
WVMtnMan

Posted on: 18 Dec, 2013 1:15 PM   in response to: BNF Home Inc. in response to: BNF Home Inc.  
Click to report abuse...
If a professional seller, you could always make a new listing offering both.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 1
Infrared Resour...

Posted on: 18 Dec, 2013 1:38 PM   in response to: BNF Home Inc. in response to: BNF Home Inc.  
Click to report abuse...
I do not like this feature. Customers have bought items together but they were not compatible. Now others press that feature and we have to send email to them stating they will not work together.

Needless to say Amazon cant remove items since they are computer generated!...sad that we can control it.

Another feature I do not like is sell your stuff. Other sellers post against one of our products to sell and they are not the same item. Sell your stuff states they must be exactly the same...Amazon does have a few errors in my opinion
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 1
OutWest

Posted on: 18 Dec, 2013 1:50 PM   in response to: Infrared Resour... in response to: Infrared Resour...  
Click to report abuse...
On that subject - there's a DVD player that I was looking at early this year and the 'frequently bought together' showed an HDMI cable, but the player did NOT have an HDMI out port. Only by reading the reviews did I find out what ports it did and did not have. There was another widget I looked at not too long ago and the accessory that was suggested was for a different model. So yeah, I hear ya. Sometimes it wants to combine wrong things.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 0
Jean's USA Prod...

Posted on: 18 Dec, 2013 2:55 PM   in response to: BNF Home Inc. in response to: BNF Home Inc.  
Click to report abuse...
I WOULD MAKE A SEPARATE LISTING THAT HAS THEM TOGETHER AND OFFER THAT ALSO.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 3
Help Me Ronda T...

Posted on: 18 Dec, 2013 3:32 PM   in response to: BNF Home Inc. in response to: BNF Home Inc.  
Click to report abuse...
How about just putting in your comments that you also have this other item, with the same design? Then the customers that are looking at your one item, might look at the other. Instead of having to make another listing, that is going to be very high in ranking.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 0
BNF Home Inc.

Posted on: 18 Dec, 2013 5:20 PM   in response to: BNF Home Inc. in response to: BNF Home Inc.  
Click to report abuse...
If I need to make a new listing and sell them together, how would I put for my UPC?
Since I listed both of them with its own UPC already.
Eastern Peace F...

Posted on: 18 Dec, 2013 10:14 PM   in response to: Help Me Ronda T... in response to: Help Me Ronda T...  
Click to report abuse...
Help Me Ronda Things wrote:
How about just putting in your comments that you also have this other item, with the same design?

Sorry but that is against policy. Product Listings can only have information about the listing itself and condition comments can only be about the condition.
Eastern Peace F...

Posted on: 18 Dec, 2013 10:15 PM   in response to: BNF Home Inc. in response to: BNF Home Inc.  
Click to report abuse...
BNF Home Inc. wrote:
Hi all,
Does anyone know how to set up a link like this indicating, frequently bought together,

If you have a Professional Seller account you can do promotions, which include "bundling" products together for a discount. They only show up if you have the Buy Box and most of the time on checkout only.

Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 1
Winning-Sports

Posted on: 25 Apr, 2014 12:21 AM   in response to: Help Me Ronda T... in response to: Help Me Ronda T...  
Click to report abuse...
how to do this? where can we post comments?
Eastern Peace F...

Posted on: 25 Apr, 2014 12:25 AM   in response to: Winning-Sports in response to: Winning-Sports  
Click to report abuse...
Winning-Sports wrote:
how to do this? where can we post comments?

Don't do it. It's a policy violation. Condition comments are only for product condition, nothing else.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 0