Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Fulfillment By Amazon » General FBA Questions

Thread: FBA - Inventory misplaced
Thread Archived This thread has been archived - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 9 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 05 Nov, 2013 11:03 AM by: Paul's Wonderfu...
DVDKING

Posted on: 22 May, 2013 7:15 AM  
Click to report abuse...
Can someone explain this to me. What happens, when does it happen. I can't find any good documentation. I just saw 3 $225 items labeled as Inventory misplaced. What does that mean, will they reimburse me for them?
Is this a helpful question? Yes 3   No
9 Replies
Sort replies by:
Numero Uno

Posted on: 22 May, 2013 12:18 PM   in response to: DVDKING in response to: DVDKING  
Click to report abuse...
Yep, you will be reimbursed- when this happens, I usually send them an email letting them know I saw my inventory was misplaced, and they will reimburse- however, just because you have something listed for a certain price does NOT mean they will reimburse you for that price- if you have sold others at that price before, they will...but it can vary
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 0
DVDKING

Posted on: 22 May, 2013 12:21 PM   in response to: Numero Uno in response to: Numero Uno  
Click to report abuse...
What if I have say 40 things misplaced found on a daily basis, how can you track it all?
Oneida Books

Posted on: 22 May, 2013 12:27 PM   in response to: DVDKING in response to: DVDKING  
Click to report abuse...
I can be very tough to track ...... and Amazon wont refund daily.

I check things weekly ... or so ..... and verify sales against inventory.
DVDKING

Posted on: 22 May, 2013 12:29 PM   in response to: Oneida Books in response to: Oneida Books  
Click to report abuse...
How do you keep up with it? Dump into excel, sort by id then delete the dups? (Lost/found)
Oneida Books

Posted on: 22 May, 2013 12:59 PM   in response to: DVDKING in response to: DVDKING  
Click to report abuse...
I use Filemaker Pro as a database ..... wrote java for the MWS and maintain both sales and inventory databases.

Admittedly it's a bit complex ............
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 0
DVDKING

Posted on: 22 May, 2013 1:01 PM   in response to: Oneida Books in response to: Oneida Books  
Click to report abuse...
Not a bad idea at all. I should have thought about it. Why did you choose filemaker instead of something like mysql/php?
Oneida Books

Posted on: 22 May, 2013 1:15 PM   in response to: DVDKING in response to: DVDKING  
Click to report abuse...
1. I've used Filemaker since v3 ... and they're on 12 so I was very familiar with it.

2. Visual aspect is great and very modifiable

3. Creating the databases is very easy

4. Importing flat files also very easy

5. Writing scripts to preform tasks in the database ... also very easy

6. Creating calculated fields .... very easy

7. Forum support .... very good

8. Well I guess you get the idea .............

HOWEVER ......... I have moved some into learning PHP and mysql
UltraFence

Posted on: 03 Nov, 2013 8:27 PM   in response to: DVDKING in response to: DVDKING  
Click to report abuse...
I just met with this issue. Thanks for your commenting on it to help me get the idea. Here I would like to share something you may already know.

Later I found the Amazon report, Inventory Adjustment can provide a very easy historical view of all the events including Inventory misplaced and whether they have been found... It can help tracking because it shows whether the items have be reimbursed.

The report is at https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/ssof/reports/search.html#orderAscending=&recordType=INVENTORY_ADJUSTMENT&noResultType=&merchantSku=&fnSku=&FnSkuXORMSku=&reimbursementId=&orderId=&genericOrderId=&asin=&shipmentId=&hazmatStatus=&inventoryEventTransactionType=&inventoryAdjustmentReasonGroup=&eventDateOption=1&fromDate=mm%2Fdd%2Fyyyy&toDate=mm%2Fdd%2Fyyyy&startDate=&endDate=&fromMonth=11&fromYear=2012&toMonth=11&toYear=2013&startMonth=&startYear=&endMonth=&endYear=
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 0
Paul's Wonderfu...

Posted on: 05 Nov, 2013 11:03 AM   in response to: DVDKING in response to: DVDKING  
Click to report abuse...
Inventory misplaced means just that. Have you ever set your keys down and forgot where you put them? Now imagine you have a Fulfillment Center with football fields of inventory. Sometimes things get misplaced.

Amazon will auto-reimburse you if the item is missing longer than 30 days. There is no point contacting Seller Support days after they go missing, they will ask you to wait 30 days. While you CAN spend your time reconciling everything if you really want, the automated system works pretty well. The only time you would need to contact Seller Support is if something has been missing greater than 30 days and you haven't been auto-reimbursed.

Keep in mind it might take a few days to process the reimbursement, so I wouldn't contact until 35 have passed. Otherwise, you are wasting your time.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 11   No 0