Seller Account
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: Seller Support phone number?
This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 25 - Pages: 2 [ 1 2 | Next ] - Last Post: 11 Nov, 2014 1:11 PM by: WinthropHolster...
Books-Online

Posted on: 28 Nov, 2012 5:30 PM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Does seller support have a phone number, or do you have to use email?
Is this a helpful question? Yes 60   No
25 Replies
Sort replies by:
paintcreekbooks

Posted on: 28 Nov, 2012 5:51 PM   in response to: Books-Online in response to: Books-Online  
Hi,

I usually use email but there is a call back phone feature in Contact Us for Seller Support. The few times that I have used that feature, I received an immediate reply.

Gail
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 12
CKM

Posted on: 28 Nov, 2012 6:02 PM   in response to: Books-Online in response to: Books-Online  
I would strongly recommend that you use an e-mail message vs. phone contact.
Why? All kinds of language problems. Lack of training. Lack of practical experience (new).
Lack of technical expertise.

By putting it in writing, they can't misinterpret its meaning. Nor, can they ignore it or
put it off. They, in turn, can redirect it to the appropriate department/team
immediately to get it off of their desk! In short, it gets handled faster and properly!!

:)
Was this reply helpful? Yes 9   No 19
doodlebutt

Posted on: 28 Nov, 2012 7:03 PM   in response to: CKM in response to: CKM  
Email doesn't necessarily mean good or correct service, but it creates a paper trail.

I sent email to Seller Support/report a violation, several hours later, received email saying whoever, "saw no violation" ( so now it is left up to someones opinion?), I then called seller support, and was told to resubmit the same violation again. Two hours later, I received email saying violation (picture) had been removed from listing.

Moral of the story? If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again and again.

If I hadn't had it in writing, that I got 2 different "opinions", I would not have had the quick results.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 6
Seller Forums A...

Posted on: 29 Nov, 2012 2:42 PM   in response to: Books-Online in response to: Books-Online  
Hi,

Great question Books-Online. We have replaced direct-dial phone numbers with an online click-to-call feature. Calls are still toll-free, but you initiate them from the Amazon.com website, using the click-to-call feature:

1. Click the "By phone" button in the "Contact Us" box found on the right side of seller Help pages:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=1161232

You can also go directly to the "Contact Us by Phone" page for sellers:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/seller-call-me.html

2. If you are not yet signed in, please sign in at this point. This will provide us with your account information and allow us to assist you as quickly as possible. However, if you prefer, you can click the "Skip sign in" button instead.

3. If the "Request call back" form does not pop up, click the "Call me" button.

4. Fill out the short "Request call back" form, and click Submit.

We'll call you and assist with your questions and concerns.

Thanks!
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 21
wishboneway

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2012 10:51 AM   in response to: Seller Forums A... in response to: Seller Forums A...  
I see nothing - no phone number at all.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 5
foliobooks

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2012 10:56 AM   in response to: wishboneway in response to: wishboneway  
If you see literally "nothing," try the first link again. It works for me.

If you mean you don't see a phone number, try reading the thread again. There is no phone number. There is a "Contact" button to request a call-back. That means Amazon will call you.

I agree, the second link does not appear to be particularly helpful.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 8
Lake

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2012 11:25 AM   in response to: Books-Online in response to: Books-Online  
For some types of support requests, like policy violations, there is no call back option. That is because groups other than seller support process the case.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 5
Marilyn's Attic

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2012 3:17 PM   in response to: Seller Forums A... in response to: Seller Forums A...  
Seller Forums Admin wrote:
Hi,

Great question Books-Online. We have replaced direct-dial phone numbers with an online click-to-call feature. Calls are still toll-free, but you initiate them from the Amazon.com website, using the click-to-call feature:

1. Click the "By phone" button in the "Contact Us" box found on the right side of seller Help pages:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=1161232

You can also go directly to the "Contact Us by Phone" page for sellers:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/seller-call-me.html

2. If you are not yet signed in, please sign in at this point. This will provide us with your account information and allow us to assist you as quickly as possible. However, if you prefer, you can click the "Skip sign in" button instead.

3. If the "Request call back" form does not pop up, click the "Call me" button.

4. Fill out the short "Request call back" form, and click Submit.

We'll call you and assist with your questions and concerns.

Thanks!

The click to call feature doesn't work if one can't sign in for some reason, or you have a phone system incompatible with it. There are still times a direct dial approach would be useful.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 5
znertbooks

Posted on: 08 Feb, 2013 1:26 PM   in response to: Marilyn's Attic in response to: Marilyn's Attic  
Apparently, they've changed the site. I've looked everywhere I can think of on the Amazon site (homepage and seller central) to find an e-mail or phone number, and nothing to be found. Every link that says "ask us a question" directs me to the forum of other peoples' questions. No, I need to talk to a human. This is ridiculous.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 10   No 4
Eyes2C

Posted on: 08 Feb, 2013 5:28 PM   in response to: znertbooks in response to: znertbooks  
Are you logged into your account ?

on your account homepage in the upper right corner should be a "help" button

then when that page loads, on the far right of the screen is a "contact us " link

as already stated, some questions are only dealt with via email , but for others you can talk with a human, although not necessarily 24 / 7 .
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 5
Luvkittys Nook ...

Posted on: 19 Feb, 2013 3:19 PM   in response to: znertbooks in response to: znertbooks  
I am so frustrated also! Trying to contact someone by phone or email is impossible!! They must have changed the site to always go back to the Seller Help Page or whatever it is. Anyone have a phone number to share???
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 3
Eyes2C

Posted on: 19 Feb, 2013 3:36 PM   in response to: Luvkittys Nook ... in response to: Luvkittys Nook ...  
once when i could not access my account , i called 866-216-1072 and asked them to connect me to "seller support"...which they did,and i got right through .

Call Amazon.com at this number for best service
This phone number was voted the best way to contact Amazon.com out of 4 phone numbers

Phone Number
866-216-1072

Don't press or say anything OR press 4

Average Wait: 2 mins — 24 hours, 7 days

Edited by: SusanH@SellerSupport on Jun 25, 2014 1:31 PM
removed URL

Was this reply helpful? Yes 21   No 2
Trisha13

Posted on: 01 Mar, 2013 7:25 AM   in response to: Books-Online in response to: Books-Online  
Don't bother with this they never help and I have waited over 3 months and still have yet to get paid for an item I mailed out over 4 months ago:-(
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 3
Intranet Works

Posted on: 01 Mar, 2013 5:08 PM   in response to: Eyes2C in response to: Eyes2C  
Eyes2C wrote:
Are you logged into your account ?
Incidentally, you're supposed to be able to contact them even if you're not logged into your account. However, the links to do so actually don't work, you just get a 404 or similar.
Also, the second link the Admin just posted involves some cross-site scripting, so it won't work for many browsers with typical settings.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 2