user profile
Sign in
user profile

'' Wheres my stuff'' ( A year later..)

by Seller_3IvSJ5cXXI2Fc

Hello All,

I have a buyer that recently messaged me
They did not write anything, they just wrote ‘’ where is my stuff’’ which is just the automated selection when you have an issue.

Here is the thing this buyer ordered this item a little over a year ago ( 1 year 2 weeks to be exact) .
I looked at the tracking information for USPS and it just says ‘’ label created not yet in system’’

I believe the tracking information is only kept for 120 days? This is according to USPS
The service used was priority mail large flat rate box WITH signature required

I am 100% positive this was delivered and signed for last year because I kept track of this item in particular ( i am 100% sure said it was delivered) . This item in question was $300 so its no wonder this buyer is trying to pull a fast one a year later.

How do i respond to this ? Never had someone message me a year later before for a situation like this

Any suggestions or help is appreciated

It doesn’t seem they can leave negative feedback after a whole year has passed
Also not sure what amazon would use to try to verify delivery considering the shipment is no longer traceable in USPS.com

Tags: Shipping labels, USPS
33 replies
33 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_d7Z0MKOJalf7S
In reply to: Seller_3IvSJ5cXXI2Fc's post

“No response Needed”
After a year you are responsible for nothing.

user profile
Seller_8kreriHp4aXhE

They were hoping that you wouldn’t notice the year and would either refund or reship something. Just mark no response needed and report the buyer if you wish. I’m sure they do this with every single order. I have a name for those types of people, but I don’t think it would be in the spirit of the holidays.

user profile
Seller_hXiz9WEBcgZSC

Hello Customer,

Thank you for your inquiry. We are unable to help you with this order because it was placed on Date, 2019. This inquiry is outside of Amazon’s 30 day return policy, Amazon’s 90 day claim policy, and the courier’s 120 day tracking policy.

Regards,
Company

user profile
Seller_ZEJMPO3MuQvZB

Where ever you left it a year ago!

user profile
Seller_3IvSJ5cXXI2Fc

I just took the first peoples recommendations and decided to mark as no response needed

If anything else comes from it i will just cite amazons policy

This was FBM so from what i have seen its not like FBA where amazon will refund after a year sometimes

user profile
Seller_NxQTyL4zOqAYv

Hit no response required and move on. Don’t engage this scammer in any conversation. They were simply hoping you would not notice the year and send them a refund.

user profile
Seller_O6YWkDReQ90FK

Even though you should not be responsible, don’t put it past Amazon to ignore their own policy and engage with this scammer. I had a buyer once who received a $140.00 book, kept it for three months (90 days exactly), and then filed an A to Z for ‘item not as described’. At first Amazon closed the A to Z, but he kept whining. Amazon then refunded the buyer (out of their own pockets). So buyers know that, no matter what, they may be rewarded for their dishonesty. Amazon enables this behavior.

user profile
Seller_wcB0vOMgrojCw

Did you ask him if it was on his kitchen table? … I bet he just forgot that’s where he placed it.

user profile
Seller_5BzdgeyAfusvI

Please be aware that if he hollers long and loud enough, that someone at Amazon customer service might take him up on it. Just keep tabs on it. We had someone whine enough to Customer service on an order delivered 18 months earlier, that apparently they got through to their fairy godmother at Customer service and their wish was granted on a $300 dollar item. Their complaint? They did not think they got enough pages printed on their toner cartridge.

user profile
Seller_la6yWqhB9Jzwb

Since this order was placed 425 days ago, we are no longer able to assist with further information.

Go to original post