user profile
Sign in
user profile

When is inventory available for Reconicilation?

by Seller_xb60Nguv2gusu

Anyone know if there is standard period of time? My issue is I sent FBA inventory via UPS but it appears it is lost in transit by UPS it has not moved since being picked up. I opened cases with Amazon and they tell me I have to wait til available for Reconciliation but if it never arrive will it ever be available for reconicilation? I was told by UPS Driver that they recently open a new processing center and the old one where our shipment was process was having transition issues. I just want Amazon to ask UPS to investigate.

Tags: FBA, UPS
16 replies
16 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_lYLz1roOGTQRE
In reply to: Seller_xb60Nguv2gusu's post

Unless it is delivered it will never be available for reconciliation. You need to work with UPS to find your shipment. What kind of time periods are we talking about? Shipment tracking for cross-country shipments are often not updated for a week or so while it is in the truck.

user profile
Seller_qOdFygR5AAEpG

I am having the exact same issue. Sent in two boxes. One made it. The other has been in sent mode since the 13th. I tried contacting UPS, but they need Amazon to start the process. I have no clue what to do.

user profile
Seller_aBaOQNI69TBrV

Concerning your lost package; when you send inventory to Amazon (or use Buy Shipping) and print the shipping label, you’re using an Amazon UPS account. To get UPS to open an investigation or to pay any insurance claim to you should your item be lost, you need to do the following:

1. You cannot do this online with UPS, you must call and speak with an agent. Their phone system is a mess and will not put you thru without jumping hoops.

2. When you finally get an agent on the phone, tell them you are a seller on Amazon and wish them to assist you filing a claim for shipping purchased thru an “Amazon Merchandise Account”. If they tell you the cannot, tell them you know that UPS and Amazon have a contractual agreement for this when sellers are using an “Amazon Merchandise Account” (and you are doing that every time you ship inventory or use Buy Shipping in the case of FBM).

3. The agent should then obtain all the necessary information from you; who you are, your contact information, the receiver’s information, the weight of the package, an a description of the package contents and value.

user profile
Seller_aBaOQNI69TBrV

Sorry to hear that. I’d hang up and try again. Like any “customer service”, some people are simply not helpful. The woman that helped me assured me over and over that this was how Amazon sellers needed to do this. Good luck!

user profile
Seller_WAUh3i4dkQNfE

In our experience:

Sometimes, these days, it can take 2 weeks or more for our shipments to show
delivered in the tracking where it used to take 3 days to the same fulfillment center.

Receiving can often take 2 -4 weeks more although it has been getting much better.

We have learned patience when using FBA although when this first started to happen
we were pulling our hair out.

The FBA shipment workflow does not always update itself concerning tracking.
We could have a shipment showing “shipped” for a week or more with no tracking activity shown.

To correct this we go in and click on the tracking ourselves and see that there is indeed tracking
information shown.

Then when we return to the FBA shipment workflow the tracking status of the shipment is updated and moved to the top of our list.

Before we started doing this we could have a shipment shown as “shipped” for a month with no tracking activity shown which of course caused us concern.

For some shipments the only time it would update itself would be when Amazon started to receive it
sometimes a month or more after shipping.

Might want to try that.

user profile
Seller_WAUh3i4dkQNfE

Amazon will likely not honor this request as it is reasonable to assume that with
however many thousands or more shipments sent to fulfillment centers around the
country on a daily basis it would be too expensive and time consuming and offer
Amazon no return on their investment for doing so.

When you choose “Amazon’s Partnered Carrier UPS” when creating your shipments this allows you access to much better negotiated shipment rates.

What it also does is make Amazon the “shipper of record”.
In other words you are using Amazon’s account.
Amazon pays the bill and then they charge you.

It is for this reason that UPS is unwilling to provide customer service or entertain inquiries
about your package because technically you did not ship it… Amazon did.

If you want to have access to UPS customer service, such as it is, you can use your own UPS
account when shipping your FBA packages to Amazon.

This is done by using the drop down box for the carriers and choosing UPS Incorporated or similar wording.

The disadvantage is that you will lose access to Amazon’s lower negotiated rates with UPS.

Now when you print out your labels in the shipment creation workflow it will only print the FBA label.
You will need to access your own UPS account to pay for shipping and generate a shipping label.

Now you will be the shipper of record and have access to UPS customer service etc. within your own account.

It’s not very cost effective because your rates will be much higher than Amazon’s but you can do this if you want more access to UPS customer service regarding your shipments.

Final note: UPS customer service is very poor in our opinion.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post