user profile
Sign in
user profile

Use the Amazon Seller app to request approval to sell in certain product categories

by News_Amazon

Now, when you search products using the Amazon Seller app, you’ll see which products require approval to sell. If you want to apply to sell one of these products, you can request approval within the app.

To use this feature:

1. Open the Amazon Seller app, and then tap Add a Product.

2. In the Search Amazon to Sell box, type the product name and tap to search.

3. From the list of products, tap the one you want to view. If the product requires approval, you’ll see a Requires Approval banner at the top.

4. To apply to sell the product, tap the Request button and follow the steps.

Learn more about categories and products requiring approval

Tags: News and Announcements
22 replies
22 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_jZWpyInw8RkYT
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

Thank you!
This is an excellent addition to the Seller App!

Sellers, remember when we asked for this feature? Ask questions to Amazon about the Seller Mobile App. I’m counting this as a #win.

When can we expect more consistency between the website versus the Seller App for prohibiting adding an offer on gated brands or products?
At times, the Seller App allows listing when the brand/product/ASIN is actually gated, leading to unexpected issues.

user profile
Seller_pGsWVIuaCy6Ik

This has already been available for months?
What is the difference now?

user profile
Seller_TDUBmq5zVK0Ah

Now you can get poor service on the go.

user profile
Seller_LyrOaLah0ofGF

When I try to access this feature I only see a red banner that says restricted product, I see no banner that says requires approval or the link that would state … To apply to sell the product, tap the Request button and follow the steps.

user profile
Seller_XU4U96qZ0OcGy
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_Ec3E6kWA6MadM

I ca n’t log in to my account on the Amazon Seller app. Does anyone have the same situation?

user profile
Seller_h9QOaVOLGItxO

just use a browser, mobile browser, desktop mode, laptop, etc.

user profile
Seller_iT7ziQ5BhoGb5

when I go through the app i find my item with one seller (used) and myself with the option only of selling new (which won’t happen) hp stopped making them 20 years ago I have sold 4 since August, Am I missing something?

user profile
Seller_bumoeRb8KsoYc

This is good only when you need to add 1 item, but what about 5.000+ items requiring approval without any need as Amazon has all wrong on their databases?

user profile
Seller_bumoeRb8KsoYc

This is good to add only 1 item at the time, but what if you need to add 5.000+ items because Amazon has all wrong on their databases? who will go 1 by 1? Amazon must create a way to get approval for lots of items on the same category and delete data old (more than 2 month) when it has no stock and allow us, the MANUFACTURER DISTRIBUTOR that has teh correct data, to enter in batch the items and get approval if needed.

Go to original post