user profile
Sign in
user profile

US account suspended - am I allowed to set up an account in EU instead?

by Seller_lfzdjs39JJnUj

Hi! I hope someone might have a similar experience and could give me some advice as I’m feeling lost…

The US seller account I set up 2.5 months ago was suspended right away. The reason: related accounts (I never used the 1st one and completely forgot about it, but obviously they ‘caught’ this and suspended both accounts).

It’s been 75 days since they’ve been reviewing my appeal. I honestly have no clue now if they’re ever going to let me sell in the US because of that. I really hope they do…

However, I was thinking, am I still allowed to set up an account in EU instead? Even though I’m still waiting for them to get back to me about the suspended US account. Is there a chance that the EU account might be suspended because of the US account?

Also, can I use a different email address for setting up the EU account than the one I used for the US account?

Would really appreciate any feedback you might have!

Tags: USPS
4 replies
4 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_AJ8SzzrXJpQN1
In reply to: Seller_lfzdjs39JJnUj's post

I do not think I am reaching too far when I say that you have about a zero percent chance of selling in the USA, the EU or anywhere else utilizing the Amazon platform.

user profile
Seller_X9AxWaXfNnGAl
In reply to: Seller_lfzdjs39JJnUj's post

It depends on the reason for the suspension. If it occurred because of bad metrics, you might be okay. If it was because of infringement or problems related to the product safety, it will catch up with you. The related account is a wild card. That can be resolved. Send a note advising of the error and a contrite apology with a request to delete that account.

Setting things up properly for Europe can be pretty expensive (especially for FBA) and the resulting permanent suspension would make that an entire waste.

It is better to wait until you have things sorted out for the US.

Dave

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post