Handmade Community

18492 members
6862 discussions
You are not a member of this group
user profile

Sales down 80% in my peak season

by Seller_MoGbTyff168AW
in Handmade Community group

Sales down 80% in my peak season…anybody else in handmade feeling this…

Tags: Fees
44 replies
44 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_HPWDNVimOB8HV
In reply to: Seller_MoGbTyff168AW's post

My sales are down a little bit over this time last year, but not enough for me to be concerned with. My peak season is over the Christmas holiday though.

user profile
Seller_dxNiJ3wL98iWT

Every
Day
Someone

Why do you think it’s effecting everyone?

user profile
Seller_dxNiJ3wL98iWT

I won’t be posting my companies, but here is one I am close to.

They manage their accounts the exact same way I do as I and create pages and advertisements, very similar to the way I do. Great company

https://www.amazon.com/stores/node/3016543011

user profile
Seller_kHKz4rXri3TFW

You might want to join the Locked Handmade Forum. You will get more relevant answers there.

user profile
Seller_EeoXOdOw7fDgM

I am completely lost with the decline in my sales this year!! Any constructive input would be appreciated. (Note: Customers specifically and intentionally look for these items by name–‘fidget blanket’.) In the past few years, my business has doubled in sales year after year. Since January, I am consistently down 50%-80%. I have a very niche item and there are only three other shops that make what I make. Mother’s Day is usually like Christmas for me in terms of sales–not this year. I did find an instance of looking at my shop as a buyer. When I clicked on my item, Amazon took me to one of the other shops that sell items like mine.(???) I reported it and the customer service response was really unsatisfactory.
https://www.amazon.com/Fidget-Dementia-Alzheimers-Restless-Remedy/dp/B079CT8F3B/ref=sr_1_18?keywords=fidget+blanket&qid=1560188948&s=gateway&sr=8-18

user profile
Seller_sAybM29nJYCDP

I have been selling almost 2 years now. Christmas time is of course peak season, but I average 40 sales a month otherwise. This month I have had ONE sale. I know there are ups and downs, but in 2 years, even in my first month, I have never had this happen.

user profile
Seller_6MDmo5gmXzuAE

We started selling on Amazon Handmade in 2016. Before that, we didn’t have any experience on Amazon just on Etsy. Our first year was very successful for us and I was hoping to grow my business but instead, our sales start plunging. We started investing in listing on general Amazon with FBA shipments and see decreasing in our Handmade sales. From the start we have been handmade, custom, personalized business, but now we are 70% FBA business.

From my point of view this, all happened because of Amazon searching algorithms. So basically from the start, we used to have good exposure of our Handmade listings in general Amazon search but now it completely impossible to find our Handmade listing in general search. On the other hand, how do people will find your handmade listings? Do you think there are a lot of people who specifically looking for Handmade department? Apparently not a lot.

By the way, the only Handmade listings that doing well is FBA Amazon Handmade listings and here I don’t understand the differences between Amazon and Amazon Handmade. Moreover, why should I list FBA Handmade listings if it doesn’t give me customization options? In that case, it’s better to switch to general Amazon where you will have better-searching opportunities. And I remember the phone call from Amazon Handmade representative who asks me to convert more listing to FBA and it was fanny because in that time all our products were custom and it was impossible but now I see that they started from there and this is just Amazon FBA strategy even for Handmade.

user profile
Seller_tsaUIIKLnvevX

same here, Started Selling Amazon handmade 2017, Sales were going up so I added more items and even quit my day job! Until June 2019! I am down 90%! I cannot figure it out. I feel Amazon programmers keep editing and writing new codes, and that affects some stores including mine
Some of my items were on top Best seller list one day and next week, they dropped to page 5 or 6!!! What is going on?
I wish someone at Amazon would take a look and see if their codes are affecting handmade Store, only Handmade FBA listings are still doing good. How can someone be FBA if items are made to order/special order:(((

user profile
Seller_nKyeSPxRmseAq

It doesn’t help that a whole bunch of foreign sellers are now in handmade selling factory made items at rock bottom prices. One example, sterling silver moonstone stud earrings. Search it in handmade. They didn’t even bother to use different pictures. That’s just one example. I’ve seen it across a few handmade categories now.

user profile
Seller_c594dTjMGSFHP

I hear you. Last September I sold 19 items and this Sept I sold 7. Sales have been falling all year. I have tried everything. If they don’t pick up, I will probably close my shop at the end of December when they start charging fees. just won’t be able to afford to pay them.
Best of luck to you!

Go to original post