user profile
Sign in
user profile

"Reconcile Inventory" vs. "Investigation Completed"

by Seller_KVfRUUAgFKduw

I wanted to ask about trends that other FBA sellers are seeing. For the longest time, nearly every inventory discrepancy was available to be viewed in the “Reconcile” tab within a shipment and select “Missing - Please Research” with an invoice submission. We would get reimbursed for a decent (60-80%) of these items.

Lately, I have been noticing that maybe only 10% of missing items give me this option anymore. Nearly all of our discrepancies immediately come with a default “Investigation Completed - shipment contents counted and confirmed” and disputing those “findings” is basically impossible. Ultimately, it feels like a cop-out for Amazon to deny a true discrepancy investigation at the seller’s expense.

Have you noticed a similar trend? An opposite one? Something completely different?

Tags: Inventory, Missing
6 replies
6 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_Jf1687Tdz2VvQ
In reply to: Seller_KVfRUUAgFKduw's post

Make sure to check your receiving report and make sure they were not added to another shipment. I can not count the times that when I go to reconcile and research the missing items they were added to an older shipment for some reason.

Also you have to wait an entire month before their system will auto-reconcile and possibly figure out that they were checked in. I have had multiple times where they mysteriously ended up at the final warehouse but were technically never “received”.

I had an issue last month that had 26 boxes not received and half showed investigation complete. I uploaded invoices for what they would let me reconcile and asked in the comments that they reconcile every item even the ones showing investigation complete. After a week or so I was asked for the invoices for those items and by the time they closed the case everything was mysteriously found and nothing required reimbursement.

user profile
Seller_4XucFhBTs4e6R

Yes. I’ve noticed over the past 6 months the reconciliation option is gone and an “automatic” investigation is complete. A lot of my palm size objects disappear, but there is no reconciliation option. If an investigation was automatically done, I’ve never had one over turned.

user profile
Seller_vEGBZmGzvKttn

Running into this problem now. Sealed case of 12 units picked up directly from the manufacturer and shipped to FBA. 3 of 4 cases are fine but one case they only received 10 units. It’s possible the manufacturer messed up and didn’t fill the box. I did have that happen once in about 50 cases where there were 11 instead of 12. Still, they pretty much dismissed my claim out of hand even though I attached an invoice showing purchase of 4 cases of 12.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post