user profile
Sign in
user profile

Products in stock soon? Make them available now

by News_Amazon

Fulfillment by Amazon’s In-Stock Head Start feature – until recently a pilot program for a limited number of sellers – is now available for all eligible sellers. With In-Stock Head Start, FBA will automatically make your temporarily out-of-stock products available for customers to find and buy when your shipment is on its way and we are confident about its arrival date. Beginning on October 10, 2019, customers will start benefiting from a wider selection of products, and you could see increased traffic to your product detail pages, higher or more consistent sales, and better inventory productivity. Visit the program page to get all of the details and see if your products qualify.

Tags: News and Announcements
19 replies
19 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_cu1Lr54OxusWw
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

I see some good in this …

Question - Could we hope for not seeing shipments sit on the docks waiting for them to be received??

Answer - Maybe if every seller includes just 1 fast selling item Amazon will check in the shipments faster than they currently do!

user profile
Seller_hoOBaJWt5XW2w

Shipments delivered (checked-in) to FC are currently sitting over a week to be received.
How is that gonna be improving with this “advance available” program?

I would advise you work on perfecting the Inbound-Recieving processes for Efficiency & Accuracy, before making this wonderful leep.

user profile
Seller_25H8KmR7CXE2g

Our Shipment delivery appointment was set for October 1st, but was changed to October 11 on October 1. bump bump bump. Don’t know how this " Products in stock soon? Make them available now " is going to work with how delivery appointment keep changing.

user profile
Seller_dSafOKkUEIWAQ

Curious how this is related to this restocking program or is this about something else?
How will this result in a wider selection of products and increased traffic/sales/productivity?

How might it impact metrics?

user profile
Seller_hUn2Q7PW3JMN6

I’m not sure if there is any fees we have to pay for this program?

user profile
Seller_oFB9aOsFKhRu4

Like everyone else said, fix the receiving/stocking situation before you bother putting this in place. I have 3 small shipments that were received upwards of 3 weeks ago and because I pay for Inventory Placement they have been on a roadtrip ever since and I have no sales to finance more inventory.

So receive things, ship things to customer not other warehouses, don’t charge me for inventory placement and then make items “reserved” for a month or 6 weeks. I don’t send enough (yesterday 6 skus, 17 items) to split them up into 17 shipments.

Sheesh.Amazon… do we have to explain everything to you?

user profile
Seller_ughFr5R7VunRl

Not sure how this is going to be customer friendly. I understand that if there are no other sellers with instock items this would be a nice option. But I had the buy box taken by a FBA seller that was not going to have the stock in for over 10 days and I am setting with stock ready to ship FBM.

user profile
Seller_Wf7BvtlRsSFMt

Here’s a real time report of how well (NOT) this is working.

We have a month’s worth of stock for a fast-moving item DELIVERED to SMF3 and Amazon still is unable to predict for customers (or us) when this item will be in stock.

user profile
Seller_7bc5ra4BBwalI

We opted in. Hoping the receiving end keeps up. So far from my end it is looking promising

user profile
Seller_HkE22miV1JooH

Horrible Program - especially if you sell items routinely stolen in receiving - like snack foods, OTC meds, etc.

My customer waited 16 days (program started in September, regardless of what they are seaying) - and because the item he wanted is “missing” from our shipment, he never got it. (Amazon never reached out to the customer telling him what as happening.)

He cancelled the order and wrote me about how angry he was.

I wrote to seller support to get off this program. They told me to teach the customer how to cancel the order - and how to close a listing. SHEESH!

I finally found out how to PAUSE my listings from this mess.

Go to original post