user profile
Sign in
user profile

Private label requirements without registry?

by Seller_xfr2cDZXJJ7Ac

Hello. I am a new seller and would like to know if I can label a product and its package with a private label (assuming there is no trademark or patent associated with the product) and simply add it to my inventory without registering it until it proves decent sales? Is just a logo on the product and a logo on the box sufficient? Thank you.

Tags: Shipping labels
3 replies
3 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX
In reply to: Seller_xfr2cDZXJJ7Ac's post

Now let me word that differently. You want to take a product that someone else made, and put your name on it, and sell it as your own. You do not want to register your brand or name so no one knows who you are or what you are doing, right? You just want to place a sticker on the box, right?

How are you planning to handle the UPC code Amazon requires the product has. Does it come with one on the package? If it does, surely it will not be registered to you and your brand, will it. If it does not come with a UPC, you should certainly want to know why.

Sounds like you have read a Get Rich Quick On Amazon book. They are good at telling want-to-be sellers what to do, but not how it’s done. Your idea will end in a disaster sooner than later. Rethink what you are about to do.

user profile
Seller_oEw5wUNHgJxxP
In reply to: Seller_xfr2cDZXJJ7Ac's post

The so called Private Label Gold Rush creates many dreams for new sellers. While we have not private labeled others products, we have branded our own manufactured products, and many years ago would launch them as you are indicating.

Today, we would never do it, ever. The waters of the Amazon are full of sharks. Not the Shark Tank kind real ones that will eat a seller alive.

Especially when the item comes from a manufacturer that will sell to anyone that will wire them money.

Without Brand Registry you have no protection at all.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post