user profile
Sign in
user profile

Negative feedback for the 20% restocking fee

by Seller_Yn7AZNWZe4Pd8

Hello, amazon email to us states that negative feedback will be removed from buyers who leave negative feedback concerning the 20% restocking fee. However, when we request to have the negative feedback removed it is consistently denied by amazon. What to do?

Tags: Fees
159 replies
159 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_atnk8fSvVuoeY
In reply to: Seller_Yn7AZNWZe4Pd8's post

Can you post that email from Amazon. I don’t think I have ever seen where Amazon said they would remove feedback for restocking fees.

Was the email from seller support?

user profile
Seller_fcqESQsiDtNkg

buyer indeed can leave negative feedback if you charge restocking fee.
And this feedback is not eligible for removal.
As I buyer I would have left neg feedback for restocking fees. Who likes to lose money? I would have also filed for chargeback with my bank if I could not recover 100% from Amazon.

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

Your email was apparently from someone who was poorly trained or trying to close a case quickly.

You always risk negative FB if you charge a restocking fee. You decide whether to take the risk.

user profile
Seller_JEZM0XKCFBgyp

Seller Support’s only goal is to get you to give them positive feedback following the call. Well,that and to end the call as quickly as possible.
So basically they’ll tell you whatever will make you happy and get you off the phone as fast as possible.

user profile
Seller_tNSvCjiOBuiLN

Please post proof of this

user profile
Seller_VPTojhikJPGtl

I think Amazon lied to you…

user profile
Seller_aWrza8YvWVgM1

People want everything for free. Youre bound to get negative feedback on a high restocking fee. You need to figure out a way to pass those costs on in other ways ie rolling into the price so you have a “pot” just for instances like this and it wont be a hit when a return happens

user profile
Seller_nkBcHPWfscgWg

Amazon does not have a policy of removing feedback related to restocking fees. However, I have had some success in getting such feedback removed. This success depends on how the appeal is worded, and whether or not Amazon is in the midst of a feedback removal crackdown which happens a couple times per year.

Nobody likes losing money, including sellers. Restocking fees are a clearly stated part of returning items on Amazon, and both buyers and sellers should be aware of them before purchasing or selling anything. If you aren’t willing to pay them, don’t buy anything, or at least don’t return anything.

If you file a chargeback, you will probably (and should) lose. Amazon third party sellers are not libraries, and buyers should not be able to force sellers to spend their own money shipping things the buyers don’t really want or need.

If buyers want to avoid losing money, they should try avoiding buying things they don’t want or need. For any other non discretionary return the seller can’t withhold restocking fees anyway; we are only talking about discretionary returns.

user profile
Seller_qh00v5vtbJERZ

I hate restocking fees. I received a bright yellow shirt for xmas and returned it for a refund. If I was charged a 20% restocking fee I’d be very upset.

user profile
Seller_fcqESQsiDtNkg

The fact that buyer agrees to something does not mean they like it.
And if they don’t like it they leave negative feedback. That is purpose of feedback.

My customer’s bank account is outside of my area of interest. if they think my price is too high they are free to find alternative. Sometimes they do. That means they are not my customers.

Go to original post