user profile
Sign in
user profile

Minimum On-Hand Requirement for FBA

by Seller_CjDuoGCEH1hEa

I have a SKU with a large number of color x size combinations that I want to try FBA.

I plan on ordering 5 units of each of the many color x size combos into FBA…

I want to know if FBA will “sell-them-to-ZERO” or if they are setup to sell to a number OTHER THAN zero (like 3 or 5 or something low that considers a safety-stock type algo).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tags: FBA
6 replies
6 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_Xpktjspu2oF5C
In reply to: Seller_CjDuoGCEH1hEa's post

It seems the amount you are sending in is too low and will hurt more than help.

They have distribution centers all over the USA and appear to be using a “shortest path” parameter in their algorithms. I would send in at least 100 of each to get them in every major location.

user profile
Seller_UBmr6lV9X0ngT

they will sale to zero. be ready to restock quickly.

user profile
Seller_UBmr6lV9X0ngT

one other thought:
add your product and all variations (make sure your category has appropriate variations) then send in bigger quantities of the best sellers, top 50% or around there. add product for variations as you can, but don’t let it drag out for very long as a product page with a lot of missing variations may not do well.

user profile
Seller_1yqCSp7wxEUMi

When you set up your products on the inventory page there are alerts you can set. You can set it to go “on” when your inventory is at a certain level ,or when say 3 weeks worth of inventory is left, depending on sales history.
When it reaches the point you have set, the yellow bell by the available units will turn red. You can also set it up so you receive a nightly email telling you what needs to be restocked according to your parameters.

user profile
Seller_vEGBZmGzvKttn

I had a product with about 40 units on hand and they were spread across about 25 fulfillment centers. So most only had one or two units. 5 units will not be enough.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post