user profile
Sign in
user profile

Limited Restock message when sending inventory for new product

by Seller_cG3eh1EjXF5A2

I just created a listing for my new product and need to send to Amazon warehouse. When I go to create a new shipment, I receive an error message saying “Limited Restock - This product exceeds the allowed quantity…” When I click the link the link they provide to check my allowed quantity, it’s only showing my other products already listed and not my new product.

My steps are:

1. From Manage Inventory page, I click “Inactive” This page shows my new product “Out of stock - a day ago”
  2. I select “Restock”
  3. Create a new shipment plan - Case-packed products - Continue to shipping plan
  4. I enter the amount of units per case and number of cases, then receive the “Limited Restock” message - I click the link for more info and only shows my other ASINs not this new ASIN.

Is anyone else getting this problem?

Tags: New products
10 replies
10 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_rpwxjC95NIJjm
In reply to: Seller_cG3eh1EjXF5A2's post

It’s because the product is new and has not been to a fulfillment center yet for its assessment. I recommended sending in a very small quantity - ex. 1-5 units. Then it will be measured and you will have some inventory while the rest are in transit. Once they receive your first items, then they will let you know your limit as they don’t know how it sells or how big the items are.

user profile
Seller_xb60Nguv2gusu

Try to self fulfill build up sales and then convert to FBA.

user profile
Seller_OxjIxwlMmwmlP

200 is the limit for new ASINS. If it sells, the limit increases. Target moves to 90 days of sales. This isn’t fun because it affects time to home when inventory is low or non-existent at the closest DC to the buyer - translation - lower conversion. Believe this is supposed to go away in Jan but with as busy as Amazon seems to be I highly doubt they will be able to lift the limit. Not sure how this helps Amazon because now they are getting lots of little shipments instead of 1 large one for those of us who do big unit volume. Good Luck!

user profile
Seller_cG3eh1EjXF5A2

I haven’t seen this new rule anywhere! Where was this advertised to sellers? I already purchased 504 units with my supplier which is due for shipment over the next couple weeks.

user profile
Seller_cG3eh1EjXF5A2

Thanks for sending me that link.

I actually just got a message back from Amazon Support, looks like it was a technical issue on their end and they have no issue me sending my stock with that quantity - what a RELIEF! But I will definitely be more careful next time in case next time it’s not a glitch!

user profile
Seller_jBRHSbjADAuGM

I have just found out as I tried to create a shipment plan that Limited Restock is across ALL my items and one item which has been selling really well and will take minimum of 60days to restock (inclusive of shipping) and now I am being forced to ship just 3 months of stock, even though the daily sales are climbing!

So ship “3 months” of stock that takes 2 months to get in stock . . . .what can go wrong!!!

user profile
Seller_jBRHSbjADAuGM

This is getting ridiculous now - the Amazon Recommended Restock quantity has mystically reduced over night!! I went bed finding out I could only send 280pcs of one item even though the 30 day sales is 95 pcs (and climbing) and obviously VERY simply math would tell you that 280pcs is roughly 3 months.

However overnight I suddenly can now only send 190pcs!?

So now only two months stock can be sent that takes approximately 40-60 days to get there!! So I am going have to run out of stock before I can send another 2 months of stock!! WTF Amazon?!?!?!?!?!

I have very low expectations of service from Amazon but this is just hitting an all time low. How am I expect sell goods if I cannot stock them to cover the goods lead time?!

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post