user profile
Sign in
user profile

Large shipment drop-off at USPS hub, 90% not scanned

by Seller_G4AHbFWkFwwBz

Hi all,

Long time Amazon seller here. We do a daily drop (M-F) off in the back of our local USPS hub. We have been doing this I would say for a good 5 years now.

On Monday, July 6th we did a drop off after a nice and good weekend of sales and had a little over 300 packages dropped off. 95% of them are yellow poly bubble mailers as we sell majority of small items. Some were boxes for larger orders. Yesterday we started getting messages of buyers inquiring about why their order has n’t shipped yet. Since quite a few started coming through, I went back to the shipments shipped out on July 6th and see only a handful have been scanned (maybe about 20) and the rest all show Pre-Shipping stage with no scan.

Trying to get some advice on this situation. We already opened a case with USPS to have a supervisor call us back to see if they can assist, but I am in a limbo now with so many packages that are missing and worried about my metrics now more than anything and having to deal with the storm that is about to hit us with INR cases.

Anyone had a similar situation? Any advice? Should I email Amazon support and let them know of my situation? We average about 80 orders per day. This is the first time since selling on Amazon (6+ years) of a situation like this. We have had USPS not scan packages here and there throughout the years, but nothing at this scale.

Thanks in advance.

Tags: INR (item not received), Shipping, USPS
2 replies
2 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd
In reply to: Seller_G4AHbFWkFwwBz's post

You should be producing Scan Sheets for your shipments. They scan one barcode and it inducts all the packages assigned to it.

You may also want to take the extra step of making sure someone scans it before you leave your packages.

user profile
Edward_Amazon_old
In reply to: Seller_G4AHbFWkFwwBz's post

Hi @Boost,

Edward from Amazon here.

I understand why you are concerned with this scenario as this can end up affecting your metrics.

Have you also reached out to the buyers to explain the potential delay in carrier deliveries? Proactively reaching out to buyers when we know there may be an issue can help prevent any claims of items not received. If you have the tracking information available, you can provide it to the buyers by confirming the orders so they can have visibility into the issue.

In this case, I encourage you to keep a close eye on your account to ensure you promptly respond to any buyer queries as well as continue to work with the carrier for a prompt resolution. I also encourage you to work with buyers who may not receive their items in time to avoid any negative buyer experience that may affect your metrics.

In case your metrics do rise above the target and your account becomes at risk of deactivation, I suggest that you track the events that led to the issue, document the actions you have already taken to resolve the issue and create a plan to avoid similar situations. However, it does not sound that your metrics have been affected at this time and the best way to get ahead is to work with your buyers to avoid any claims.

I hope this is helpful, should you have any other concerns related to this situation, feel free to post them here.

– Edward.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post