user profile
Sign in
user profile

Jeff Bezos says Amazon will fail one day, maybe this is the year

by Seller_G53rrrmDqxLLo

I have placed several orders on Amazon this week only to be advised the orders will arrive in 5-7 days. I have read the comments that the item will arrive in 1-2 days after shipping, but I and thousands of others think that is wrong as when we place orders we ASSUME they will be processed and shipped within 24 hours. As Amazon Prime members who pay $12 BILLION per year, for two day service I think this wrong. I see the small print that says your order will be received within 2 days of being Shipped. This is totally wrong.

Tags: Payments
184 replies
184 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_Xpktjspu2oF5C
In reply to: Seller_G53rrrmDqxLLo's post

Only in your eyes.

user profile
Seller_VPTojhikJPGtl

But does it arrive within the shipping window they told you when you ordered? I bet it does…

user profile
Seller_6PT86mmjrFnOJ

Hi
We are a mom and pop company and will not send our items in for Prime We want to be sure our items are shipped within 24 hours and get to our customers quickly.
I too have ordered many items on Amazon ad have had quite a few (65%) that were not the right item
So everyone realize, other sellers whoo are not Prime can offer better service and Better prices!
Gave a great day
Shop and Gather

user profile
Seller_EaXxdawRo2l6o

Amazon Logistics keeps delivering to addresses that aren’t ours.
I sure hope this isn’t happening everywhere.

Talking to FedEx drivers who applied to Amazon Logistics all said they were told they are overqualified!!
Eek!

user profile
Seller_HHJqHzaLgvVyD

@BonitaliquidatorsLLC what you’re talking about (and you are guilty of) is the same problem so many crazy, unrealistic buyers have – you aren’t paying attention to the Delivery Date quoted. Just how many days’ shipping time. Then the buyer gets absolutely irate when their item isn’t packed and shipped within 3 seconds after they pay. As a seller you should understand that handling time is a thing that exists.

user profile
Seller_Umgqx6VZyTAyJ

Yes most Prime members expect to get their items in 2 days when they see the Prime badge. Amazon are completely in over their skis with 1 day shipping. Without Fedex they won’t even be able to do 2 day shipping this holiday season for alot of Prime orders. They will lose alot of goodwill with customers.

Is this the end of the Amazon retail platform? Hardly. Has the platform peaked. For sure. It will be a slow decline until it finally gets spunoff to unlock shareholder value. I doubt they could pass a price hike on Prime memberships anymore. I would not be surprised to see price cuts coming for Prime over the next few years to try and retain membership. Customer service is well below Walmart and Target levels now, it used to be the best by a huge margin. I understand the focus has to be where the profits are (AWS) but I am sure even Jeff Bezos is surprised how fast Walmart and Target were able to turn things around and pose very real near term threats.

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

Where you are located makes a big difference in when you receive your orders if you are a prime member.

I have two ship to locations, one 50 miles north of the other,

My southern location gets 1 day delivery. My more northern location 3 days.

The number of potential buyers 50 miles north is tiny and unlikely to affect Amazon’s revenue due to customer disappointment. The closet grocery is 20 miles away, and the closest big box store 30 miles away.

user profile
Seller_7doiAHx4B3af0

The ability of FBA to deliver is determined

user profile
Seller_G2stXrx2YSup3

Amazon’s failure is not imminent, but there are certainly cracks. The thing is, most people who do prime do it for more than free unreasonably fast shipping. Most of Amazons competition is similar in speed.

As a buyer, Amazon has never been my first stop. I prefer the more hands on approach of the bay or b&m stores over Amazon. I get things faster through other sales channels, cheaper, and frankly feel better because my money isn’t going to billionaires but to small sellers like me. Even from Amazon when I buy, I pick non fba third party sellers over fba or Amazon themselves 90% of the time. But failing this year? I think it’ll take a lot more than this for Amazon to fail. It’s Christmas. Everyone expects shipping delays at Christmas, and short of massive price gouging, delays are going to happen through all online vendors. Short of a mass Exodus back to b&m stores… Amazons downfall isn’t here yet

Haven’t been a prime member since it was under a hundred dollars

user profile
Seller_dwYVKOTp2Kull

I can’t believe I am defending Amazon, but for god sakes, a bit of compassion! They had over $9 billion worth of orders on Cyber Monday and working around the clock to fill them. At the end of the day its people working as hard as they can to fill the demand. So your order will get there a couple of days later, common, so what, suck it up, no need to complain about EVERYTHING all the time. Jeez! That’s your problem in life? Really? Can we switch problems then?

Go to original post