user profile
Sign in
user profile

Important: Drop Shipping Policy update

by News_Amazon

If you fulfill orders using a third party, a practice known as drop shipping, you must follow all Amazon policies in order to ensure a consistent customer experience that easily identifies only you as the seller of record.

As an important reminder, all violations of the Drop Shipping Policy can break customer trust. As a result, any violation of our Drop Shipping Policy will negatively impact your account health and your ability to fulfill future orders using our Merchant Fulfilled Network (MFN).

The following drop shipping methods are strictly prohibited on Amazon:

• You may not purchase products from another retailer and have that retailer ship directly to customers, if:
    • the shipment does not identify you as the seller of record
    • anyone other than you appears on packing slips, invoices, or external packaging
      Note: This means that the name, logo, or any other identifying information from the other retailer may not appear on what the customer receives.
  • You may not ship orders with packing slips, invoices, external packaging, or other information indicating a seller name or contact information other than your own

If you fulfill using drop shipping, you must strictly adhere to following requirements of our policy:

• You must always be the seller of record of your products, meaning you identify yourself as the seller of your products on all information included with the item.
  • Remove any information identifying the third-party drop shipper before shipping.
  • Be responsible for accepting and processing customer returns.

You should comply with all terms of your seller agreement and applicable Amazon policies. If you have questions, see the Drop Shipping Policy page.

Tags: News and Announcements
222 replies
222 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_JSkKTxOgzk1ON
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

You said the same thing twice.

user profile
Seller_KxhcBhDvAFFjr

There is nothing in this “update” that is new. It says the exact same thing as the existing policy, although in a much more clear and direct manner. So I’m all for that.

I actually dream of the day Amazon moves to require ALLLLLLL shipping labels use Amazon Buy Shipping, because this would effectively kill the online arbitrage drop shippers.

user profile
Seller_jZWpyInw8RkYT
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_plNnHNTYtjQwE

I doubt most drop-shippers even care about following this.

user profile
Seller_jZWpyInw8RkYT

Based on the copy of the Drop Shipping Policy in this February 2019 Forum post, the underlined portion might be new in the current policy:

ETA: The new policy is definitely changed as noted above according to this screenshot from September 2018:

user profile
Seller_5DrrKeHsDwIGT

I don’t quite agree with this. How about other sellers that don’t ship their items out on time. Guess I will take watch all my inventory and see what I have. Then again this could work in certain ways.

user profile
Seller_oewHJOFDM7eyN

I hope this will finally get implemented.
Yes the Policy has been around for a looong time and the drop shippers did not care.
They probably still do not care.
I had to cancel an order from a known, discussed ad infinitum, drop shipper on these Fora and take the metric hit.
Did that yesterday as I do not sanction this known drop shipper or care to deal with any return of inferior product from them or the give me a refund with no return or NAD condition.
When Amazon will ENFORCE these rules they have promulgated, then I will not have to take metric hits for not allowing a known drop shipper to take advantage of me and Amazon buyers.

user profile
Seller_VejNkARCRIjlL

if the seller is taking full responsibility for the order what’s wrong with dropshipping? why should the buyer care if he didn’t have the time to search the whole web to find this item, and when it is not good just return it what you simply don’t get the return feature on other sites?

user profile
Seller_0XYNBBojdHHm2

Looks like Amazon just legalized retail arbitrage and retail stores as a legitimate source of products. Not that they care, half the time policies are not followed by Amazon’s agents themselves, what’s one more policy to break. LOL

user profile
Seller_zZwdlblGlNONL

How to know whether I was identified as the seller of record or not?

Go to original post