user profile
Sign in
user profile

Handmade Community

18492 members
6862 discussions
You are not a member of this group
user profile

Help! Our Amazon Handmade account was suspended after 4 years - Perfect metrics, no violations

by Seller_M8DB4ikDs2U5w
in Handmade Community group

We have been selling on the Amazon Handmade site since it first launched in 2015. Our account is in perfect health and we have no violations. Today we got the notification that we may no longer sell on Amazon Handmade. I am stunned and not sure what happened. I called seller support and was told to supply the information they are asking for, which we will do, but I want to make sure I do this correctly. Any tips would be so appreciated! Here is the letter we got from Amazon:

Hello Artisan,

After closely reviewing your Handmade listings, we have decided that you may no longer sell on Amazon Handmade.

All items must follow the Amazon Handmade listing policy: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/2018172903

If you feel this decision was in error, you can appeal by providing us the following information:

A detailed description of your work methods.
The number of your employees and their roles.
The number of items produced in a week.
3 to 5 photos of your studio and/or workspace.
Any additional details you would like us to know to better understand your business and/or craft.
Please send the above information to artisan-review@amazon.com within 3 business days.

We will review the information you submit and give you an answer as soon as possible. If the information you provided sufficiently addresses our request, we will notify you with our final decision.

If you’d like to sell your item(s) on other Amazon categories, you can view these pages in Seller Central to get started:

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/productsearch/ref=hnd_catpicker_changecategory?.…

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/learn

Thank you for selling on Amazon,
Handmade Integrity Team
Sincerely,
Seller Performance Team

Tags: Fees, Images, Listings
40 replies
40 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_kHKz4rXri3TFW
In reply to: Seller_M8DB4ikDs2U5w's post

You may want to join the Locked Handmade Forum. You will get better help there.

user profile
Seller_kHKz4rXri3TFW

Try sending a message to DonovanSellerSupport. He is the one who gets you access to the locked group. I think he needs your email address to get you in. You won’t know until you try.

user profile
Seller_n4shC9EMd3XuA

Follow all the instructions and go through the process carefully. As long as your not running a sweat shop and your legit like you say, it should be fine. But it may take some time, unfortunately.

user profile
Seller_yKsHKL71a7IuA

it happens, sometimes they loose information in their system and you have to resent it, change in policy or just an random error. just resent it it should be fine

user profile
Seller_M8DB4ikDs2U5w

Good news…we got notified that we can continue to sell on handmade! It was just a verification process we had to go through. We’re just waiting for our listings to be reinstated and then we can get back to business. It was a super stressful week waiting for an answer, but we are so relieved.

user profile
Seller_A977CtvNsoczj

Also my Handmade account was suspended 4 days ago. I also had perfect metrics, etc. I have been selling on Handmade since December 2017. I’ve been waiting for 4 days now. No response from Amazon. But if I don’t answer my customers within 24 hours, we know what happens. I’ll keep you informed.

user profile
Seller_A977CtvNsoczj

Update about my Handmade account suspension. Still suspended since July 1 (today July 10). I think I have to sell my items on regular amazon (it looks like it is allowed, because I could add products in regular amazon) and my account status says: Sell On Amazon (Professional) and your account is in good standing. Regarding GTIN exemption: do they need pictures from ALL items I would like to sell or just from one sample item? Amazon says: Product name and a minimum of two (and maximum of nine) images showing all sides of your product and the packaging of the product. Template letter: Seller name and Brand name etc. are all my details, right? By the way, regarding Etsy. I was until September 2016 (big changes in SEO) under the best 500 Etsy Seller worldwide. What happens after this was very sad for me. And now Amazon … again maybe a heavy stroke of fate.

user profile
Seller_zypEXCjNm3v4i

I’m also in this situation now and don’t know what to do. Please advise me!

user profile
Seller_cQq1cNfIhHTpL

I’m also in this situation now and don’t know what to do. Please advise me!

user profile
Seller_XvDG6niGg4GYG

My handmade account was suspended on July 11. I spent 3 hours writing the appealing letter with all the detail about how my product was made. Today I found all my listing was inactive, so 0 sale. And the Prime day is after 2 days. It seems no way I can get any sale on prime day.
Thank Amazon Handmade.
What I want to say is why no one is angry about this thing, they can suspend our handmade account without any reason to let us know why, but all the result, nearly half month no sale no income, it need us to bear. I think as a seller, our relation ship with Amazon should be equal, but actually it’s not. Even I get my handmade account back, and I cannot get my product ranking back, I keep working really hard to get the ranking, I can see it’ll be ranking low after half month inactive.
And After summing up the previous reply, I think half month is the best result. I found the email artisan-review@amazon.com they give us to appeal, it’s also for reporting the violate product. I don’t know how many person will review all the letter, what I know is there are many handmade accounts were suspended on July 11. So I guess it’s take many days to review the letters, before I get my answer from them.
I even think if I can open a case to ask global selling group to put them to other category so the listing can be active. But it’s not fair I need to sale handmade product in a category full of factory products. No way I can compete with them.
Maybe many seller on handmade see this post think it’s not my business, my account is healthy. But if Amazon still suspend the account without reason, it’ll happen to your account one day. By the way, I sell the print of original painting, and my 3 year account is healthy all the time and with 4.9 star feedback.
So I want to remind all the handmade seller to alert this suspend issue.

Go to original post