user profile
Sign in
user profile

FBA damaging my product by shipping in Envelopes

by Seller_WeGq9TrS1iEyQ

I sell structured baseball caps on Amazon. I send them in plastic bags in large quantities and FBA ships them in plastic Envelopes to customers. They are getting crushed during transit since they are “Structured” caps.

Is there any way to get FBA to put my caps in Boxes to ship to customers? I am willing to pay more for shipping fee.

Thanks,

John.

Tags: FBA, Shipping
75 replies
75 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_X9AxWaXfNnGAl
In reply to: Seller_WeGq9TrS1iEyQ's post

Contact Seller Support. Ask for escalation to a manager. Ask them to re-designate your items as Large Standard.

Reference feedback from customers where items have been damaged. Because of likely dimensional weight, your items will likely get a 2 lb weight with associated fees.

I suspect that the warehouse thought they were doing you a favor.

Dave

user profile
Seller_nKyeSPxRmseAq

You could also start prepping them yourself before sending them in.

user profile
Seller_RdXLGelNrPb9o

I would say its time to put them in a box yourself. I always think the worse possible way they can ship something and will it survive the warehouse and the shipping company.

user profile
Seller_fcqESQsiDtNkg

Prepare them yourself

user profile
Seller_oFB9aOsFKhRu4

I sell grocery items. FBA put some of them in padded envelopes that bottles got crushed and the canned things broke the envelope. So I made labels that say “This item must be shipped in a box. Please box it before shipping”

Amazon gets paid to deal with shipping the FBA stuff. If I have to box every grocery item, I’m quitting.

user profile
Seller_g0KrYO1Zm7nuX

Amazon isn’t damaging your caps… you are responsible for making sure they can transport safely.

Amazon ships so much stuff, they are not going to take the time to make sure your stuff is safe.

Anything you send into Amazon, assume it won’t have any protection when they ship it and then you will be covered

user profile
Seller_dqExCUv2uTFYb

Knowing how Amazon’s warehouse operates, we send all of our FBA items in fully protected against damage in transit. For instance, we bubblewrap and bubble bag our eyeshadow palettes and stick the Amazon barcode label on the outside of the package before sending in. Amazon is not in the business of ensuring that our fragile items are safely packaged. There are countless reviews of customers receiving an eyeshadow palette that was just thrown in a box from FBA and it arrived broken to bits. I think it is up to the seller to prep a proper package to ensure the safe delivery. Amazon just wants to quickly stick a shipping label on it and out the door it goes.

user profile
Seller_FCp20ykhsQncX

We sell glass thermometers. We do package them well, but if they are shipped in an envelope they don’t have much hope of arriving intact. Some items, Amazon should KNOW cannot go in an envelope. We’ve escalated this and then we get an item removal because of too many complaints…complaints originating from amazon issues.

user profile
Seller_awYU0oH8skccg

Egad…!

user profile
Seller_g0KrYO1Zm7nuX

I will add that almost everything I send in, can be labeled and shipped on it’s own without Amazon boxing it

Go to original post