user profile
Sign in
user profile

FBA customer ordering DVD sets, returning just 1 DVD and getting full refunds, how do I get Amazon to stop him?

by Seller_2RiEpTSsu9Aoo

I have a customer who ordered two Great Courses sets from me over the last 2 months. One new and one used. These sets have upwards of 40 discs in each set, sometimes with 5 DVD cases and a booklet that comes along,

First, the customer ordered a sealed, new DVD set, but claimed they only received the third DVD case of said set and that the discs “looked used”. I contacted the buyer, concerned since I literally just shipped this huge order of Great Courses DVDs out. I received no response. I was and still am 100% positive there is no way I messed up. I figured I’ll just accept the return and have that be that. But a few days later the customer ordered another Great Courses DVD set.

This time, the customer is claiming to only receive disc set 1 from the series. This should not be possible based on how the FBA labeling and shipping process works (I have a proof for this in the next paragraph). For used Great Courses sets, when I send them to FBA, I put the FBA sticker on the booklet, and put the booklet on the bottom of the stack, then polybag the items together so the label on the back of the booklet is visible. Sometimes I will rubber band the set additionally before placing it in the polybag.

While it is theoretically possible FBA messes up really badly and opens up sets, and then relabels each item in the set as a set, it is extremely unlikely in this case. In fact, if it happened 2 times with the same customer, you can almost guarantee it will happen with any other customer who buys a similar product. During the same course of time of these orders (last 2-3 months) I have sold dozens of these Great Courses sets with no problems. No problems at all, absolutely nothing to indicate Amazon broke any DVD sets apart incorrectly.

Since these were all shipped to the Amazon at the same time, the ones sold to this customer were no different than the ones sold to other customers. If FBA broke apart one DVD set that would mean they would break them all apart, which is not the case. So it leads me to believe FBA is no at fault, and that the customer is furiously lying through their teeth.

I believe the customer is blatantly lying. Now I have a negative feedback which I know is resoundingly false and of course I have the fear of Amazon saying “what’s this we hear about you messing up people’s orders”.

I attempted to contact Amazon and was immediately dismissed, no chance of appeal, no link available to contest anything. I basically have to just wait for this guy to decide to rip me off again, and Amazon is just completely silent (and complicit) in the meanwhile.

Couldn’t Amazon check the outgoing weight of the item and compare it to the weight of the returned item to verify they are getting ripped off by this customer?

How do I get Amazon to respond to this buyer abuse situation?

As far as I can tell, there is no way to get Amazon to take you seriously when your business is being badgered, harassed, slandered or just generally being dishonestly taken advantage of to get free product or hurt a seller’s reputation.

Tags: Customer
2 replies
2 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_awYU0oH8skccg
In reply to: Seller_2RiEpTSsu9Aoo's post

You Don’t…You might nicely ask buyer to return the other CDs…

Some buyers are just confused not dishonest…

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post