user profile
Sign in
user profile

Does "Report Incorrect Product Information" ever work?

by Seller_eRXGJWlnmLlxI

Several times in the past, I have run into products that I have in stock but am not comfortable selling on Amazon because the product information is clearly wrong. In these cases, I have tried using the “Report Incorrect Product Information” link on the product page- giving detailed information about the problem, however changed are never made.

Take for example, the following product:

This is a Ty Beanie Boo Butter the Cow, which is a black and white cow, as shown in the picture. However the title of this product is " Ty Beanie Boo’s 36841 Glitter Eye Pink Cow Butter Dish, 6-Inch, Black/White". By just looking at the product, it is obvious that a) it is not pink, and b) it is not a butter dish. I understand if I report an issue like a product has the wrong dimensions, how do they know for sure? But this is a glaringly obvious error.

Does anyone have experience with actually getting product information changed via this link? Is there any evidence that Amazon even reviews these reports? Or is there a better way of getting it changed?

Any thoughts, comments, advice would be appreciated.

Tags: Reporting
4 replies
4 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_KaqJ6KeaiM2K6
In reply to: Seller_eRXGJWlnmLlxI's post

from my personal experience, you can get it fixed, but it takes so much effort on your part to get it fixed.

I spent so much time trying to get obvious fixes (many times just mis-spellings) taken care of I decided to stop trying.

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

This is for buyers. Sellers add the product to their inventory (maybe a zero), attempt to change what needs changed. If Amazon does not take the changes automatically in about 15-30 minutes, then you need to open a case to have it changed.

user profile
Seller_Hi7wbO2Kbo6bl

I do not believe input from those links is monitored at all now.

For a few months it did seem to work every once in a while. For something blindingly obvious – like a picture of a USB cable on the detail page for a book.

But I suspect they had too much response so it’s now just a placebo.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post