user profile
Sign in
user profile

Does listing a new product require brand registry if I'm using FBA?

by Seller_TD2JoabgJ7Cbi

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have been trying to list a new product that is a private label. I keep receiving an error that says I have to register my brand with Amazon brand registry before I can sell under this name. Even if I provide a unique UPC it still requires me to register my brand. My operation can not yet afford to Trademark register in the United States.

My question is, is there a way I can list a new product for FBA without a brand registry? I have some experience sell on Amazon FBA and I have never run into this issue selling under my own brand.

Thanks for everyone’s assistance.

Tags: Registration
57 replies
57 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_sUfyk7ajzPzny
In reply to: Seller_TD2JoabgJ7Cbi's post

Please forgive my confusion; may I ask if I understand you correctly, and that you are seeing this error when trying to create a new Catalog Listing using your Brand Name?

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

Seems like a recent improvement in the listing process, if it does not block any “real” brands.

user profile
Seller_AGInYcZXd4oMt

I’m wondering if this is for NEW accounts only? When did you start selling on Amazon?

Reason I say this is because it will let me create a new product using my Seller Name as the Brand Name. We don’t private-label and are not Brand Registered.

user profile
Seller_8HbUPNiXsULFH

I opened a case. They asked that I show a real world photo of the item with my brand on it. I also heard that they might request an invoice.

user profile
Seller_e9a9RU0P3UGtQ

Hi I am having the same issue and don’t know what to do.Any luck solving it?
Amazon customer service asked me for all the information regarding my brand and after days of reviewing the case they emailed me back saying I must register my brand.That would be basically my only option.

user profile
Seller_xczqRqyiTnnI4

Has anyone tried uploading their new product via template?

I am beginning to think there is some kind of a disconnect going on between what can be done on the dashboard v upload.

user profile
Seller_xczqRqyiTnnI4

Looks like it needs to be either BR or N/A:

Policy Update: Amazon Brand Name Policy

Customers rely on detail page information, like brand name, to make informed purchasing decisions. Accurate brand name information helps new customers find and evaluate your products before purchasing.

The brand attribute on a listing should match the name of the brand that produced the product (that is., an AmazonBasics product should always show “by AmazonBasics” on the detail page). If a listing does not belong to any brand, the brand attribute should be “N/A”.

If you attempt to create new listings that are not compliant with this policy, you will be asked to fix the brand attribute before you can list.

user profile
Seller_1nkQ4ExGw5zxv

I received a similar error 5461 when attempting to list a new flavor of an item that we, along with several others already sell and have been selling for quite some time. It’s not our brand, but purchased legitimately from an authorized distributor. How can we get some resolution on this? This is the final message with them after providing requested information multiple times:

“Hello from Amazon Selling Partner Support,
I understand that you are facing 5461 error while trying to list.
We have contacted our internal team regarding the same and they have got back to us stating that Brand: XXXX is not having registered status in Brand Registry, we cannot move forward for further investigation if the brand is not having a registered status in Brand Registry.”

user profile
Seller_Jro8Ro9EevaaB

Same here.

Is Private Label over?

user profile
Seller_CHgOh4bzM2f8m

New seller here. I’m having the same exact issue. Been dealing with Amazon Seller Support for over 8 weeks. All I get is a notification email thanking me for my patience. I have a private label brand not trademarked yet with my own GS1 barcodes. I get the same error when I try to publish a listing. Amazon has asked for all types of documentation which I provided. I’ve also called them and nothing happens. I’m just going in circles with them. I’m actually surprised how terrible their seller support is. So now I got all this product in my warehouse, spent all this money and can’t even list my products. I’m glad I found this thread because I was thinking it was just happening to me. So now I guess I have to wait for my trademark to be registered.

Go to original post