user profile
Sign in
user profile

Creating a Bundled listing

by Seller_j4MU6SR58Tpya

Hi, I am preparing to list my first product with Amazon FBA and I am stumped. I am bundling 3 products from the same category, and have read the Bundling Policy.
Can someone help me to actually list the bundle.
All 3 items are in the Amazon catalogue.
Do I actually have to purchase a UPC for the Bundle or does Amazon FBA help me with this.
I have no idea how to list all 3 items in my bundle.
Thanks so much for any help as I am keen to get my first product listed.

Tags: Listings
18 replies
18 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_atnk8fSvVuoeY
In reply to: Seller_j4MU6SR58Tpya's post

Yes. The bundle will require a UPC. Once you have one, you create the listing page and go through the steps to send your bundle to FBA.

user profile
Seller_j4MU6SR58Tpya

I don’t want to sell under someone else’s Brand Name. Can I not purchase 3 separate items from a factory and sell them as a bundle. Are you saying that I should create a new listing? Is the Brand name actually listed in the Amazon Catalogue?

user profile
Seller_j4MU6SR58Tpya

This is my first listing on Amazon Seller Central and I really need some help here. Thanks

user profile
Seller_j4MU6SR58Tpya

Thanks, CJ, that will work for me. The manufacturer has agreed to package the 3 items in one for me. I will ask them to provide a UPC code for the Bundle.

user profile
Seller_lYLz1roOGTQRE

The bundle is it’s own unique product. As such it has to have it’s own UPC. You can buy these online at places like Speedy Barcodes. Do not listen to people here who say you have to get them from GS1.

Amazon will not combine single items at the warehouse into a bundle - you have to send the bundle in separately as its own product with it’s own ASIN.

Example 1:

• You buy three bags of “Creamy Candy” snacks, one each of Chocolate, Vanilla and Peppermint. You bundle these three bags into another bag. This is your bundled item.
  • You create a new listing on amazon titled "Creamy Candy Bundle - Peppermint, Chocolate and Vanilla Snacks, 3 5-oz Bags "
  • You describe in the bullet points exactly what the customer is getting.
  • You take a picture of the three 5 oz bags and use that as your main image.
  • You assign one of the UPC codes you bought to the bundle when you create the listing
  • Amazon will assign the item an ASIN.

You do not have to get the manufacturer to do this for you. It is perfectly acceptable to create your own bundle as long as you follow Amazon’s rules ( of benefit to the buyer, in the same category, or related in some way.

Example 2:
You want to create a carwash bundle of a pail, sponge, chamois, soap and wax. You collect all the items and package them together yourself. A manufacturer does not have to do this because the brush, chamois and wax may be made by different companies. You just think those 5 items present a convenience to Amazon buyers and they might want to buy them all at the same time in a bundle. Do all the things mentioned in example 1 and you are done.

user profile
Seller_j4MU6SR58Tpya

Good Morning,
Is there a Seller Central Chat?
Thanks,
Jo

user profile
Seller_j4MU6SR58Tpya

Hi All, I am still having trouble getting my first item listed. I have 3 items being packaged by the same manufacturer to be sold as one package. I have read the instructions for Bundling but still find the following paragraph confusing. (* Bundles consist of multiple single items that can each be identified by a unique ASIN/UPC and are sold together as a single offering. A pre-packaged kit or pack with multiple items that is identified by a single ASIN/UPC is not considered a bundle.)
My Seller says that the 3 items will be packaged together and there is only one UPC needed for the outside of the packaging. So this is not a Bundle according to the above paragraph. Will Amazon accept this? Do I need to purchase only one UPC? Thanks to anybody for comments.
Jo

user profile
Seller_yejbzzk3EGIJn

Please note the difference between a BUNDLE and a MULTI-PACK.

“Bundles consist of multiple single items that can each be identified by a unique ASIN/UPC and are sold together as a single offering.”

For simplicity, a bundle consists of a toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss all bundled together.

“A pre-packaged kit or pack with multiple items that is identified by a single ASIN/UPC is not considered a bundle.”

For simplicity, a multi-pack consists of 3 identical toothbrushes, sold as a 3-pack.

Identify the ASIN properly as a Bundle or Multi-Pack and follow the instructions provided by Redwing.

user profile
Seller_Umgqx6VZyTAyJ

Don’t buy a UPC code just request a GTIN exemption for your bundle. Very easy to do.

The brand for each item will be listed on the product detail page. You will need to create a new listing for your bundle. The brand for your bundle will be the brand of the highest priced item in the bundle. The product category for the bundle will be the category that the highest priced item is in. You will need to create a new listing for your bundle. Do not include unbranded generic items in the bundle. Super easy to do after you complete your first one.

Also have a plan in mind to do at least some advertising so your bundle gets in front of buyer’s eyeballs. It can take awhile for the listing to gain traction, and if it does you will have competition come in and cut profits to zero before too long so keep finding new bundles that customers love on a consistent basis.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post