user profile
Sign in
user profile

Buyer threatening me

by Seller_Fzh84LQMb6KAT

Hello,
A package got misplaced by the carrier and I immediately refunded the customer on May 26th. He wrote to me today saying he has not got his refund and is threatening to open an A-Z claim. I messaged him back that the refund has already been issued on May 26th and would usually take a few days to reflect on his statement.
What else can I do?

Tags: A to Z Claims, Customer, Refunds
94 replies
94 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_yaLD5X6CsmVKO
In reply to: Seller_Fzh84LQMb6KAT's post

I would tell him to look at the details of the order in his order history where he will see that it has been refunded, and reiterate that refunds can take a few days to show up. I wouldn’t respond again after that. If he opens an A to z claim, it will be closed in your favor if you’ve already refunded him.

user profile
Seller_oewHJOFDM7eyN

If you had used Amazon Buy Shipping, then no worries. This would also have been protection from refunding since the package is misplaced by carrier.
Are you recalling the package? Or is the buyer getting the refund and the package?

user profile
Seller_lYLz1roOGTQRE

Why do anything else? The customer was unhappy, did not think he got his refund, and you answered him. Good job. It was just a customer request – although maybe not worded very tactfully.

He “threatened” an A-Z if he did not get the refund, he didn’t threaten to shoot you. I cannot understand the outrage people seem to have when customers tell them if they don’t get satisfaction they will complain to Amazon. You don’t know that already?

user profile
Seller_cCzOKNQAUJTHn
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_1yqCSp7wxEUMi

I have customers that repeatedly email me threats after they have been refunded.
I copy and paste the message that I sent to them previously that they have been refund.
If they email me again I mark it as no response needed.
They either aren’t getting the messages or they are just nuts.
I refrain from posting which one of those I think it is!

user profile
Seller_awYU0oH8skccg

Nothing

user profile
Seller_Mzbg56z7Yxcd7

What? Did you buy the label through Amazon? Never refund for the carrier issues. The best thing is A-z and Amazon will reimburse for INR claims… If you’re denied just appeal and explain the policy, and it’ll be approved.

user profile
Seller_M04MjNuWAA1Xz
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_ZDGgATBGegBqy

Did you email him to tell him that?

There are a lot of sleazy sellers on Amazon, so some customers are scared of getting screwed again by one of those sellers.
If you don’t work hard to differentiate yourself from the sleazeballs, the customer may assume that you are one of them.

Imagine that you own a brick&mortar store. Pretend that the customer is face to face with you.
If you refunded him, would you just quietly slide the card through the card reader with no comment to him?

user profile
Seller_jk6K2eiLxrqOF

Same exact thing happened to me today. They don’t care. They just want what they want when they want it. My person left a negative feedback calling me a thief and Amazon won’t remove it even after they told the public to buy it at another store cheaper.

Go to original post