user profile
Sign in
user profile

Buyer returns wrong item?

by Seller_NYLk0anTbA3di

Hello,
I searched the forum and only found older answers for this issue. With the new Safety Claim restrictions. Is there a different way to handle this issue?

I shipped and delivered on time the proper item.
Buyer requests an auto approved return for “Bought by Mistake”.
The wrong item arrived within the 30-day window. It is something I do not sell.

I have e-mailed the buyer and informed him that the wrong item was returned. Reminded him that to receive a refund he needs to return the correct item. I also asked him what he wants me to do with the wrong item?

I opened a case with Seller Support, provided the above information and a photo of the return.

So, do I sit back and wait for the buyer respond and the automated refund to happen?

TIA,
Craig

Tags: Refunds, SAFE-T
7 replies
7 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_0O69KFvrK41OD
In reply to: Seller_NYLk0anTbA3di's post

Unfortunately there is only one solution to this.

Wait for Amazon to automatically refund the person in full.

In the meantime try to find the item they returned in the Amazon catalog.

After Amazon refunds in full file a Safe-T-Claim

We shipped the customer this item:
[insert link to purchased item]
They returned this item:
[insert link to returned item] (If you can’t find the item describe it, if you don’t sell the item, document that as well)
We are requesting full reimbursement for the item, shipping and return shipping

The safe-t-claim will probably give you the item price -20% and you will probably have to remind them about the return shipping.

Some customers make honest mistakes, unfortunately with the auto-refund some know they can return a rock and get a free refund.

user profile
Seller_qcYD2FHe1ZE44

You have 2 choices. One, you can email the buyer and let them know that they shipped back the wrong item. Then wait for auto refunds to refund in full and file a Safe-T Claim to recover your funds. The other option would be to refund 50% less the cost of return shipping and any shipping originally paid by the buyer as the item was returned materially different than it was sent.

In either case make sure you email the buyer documenting what they returned. Include pictures of what was returned, the return packaging including the return label. Make sure you reference the order number, tracking number and carrier as well as the return tracking number and carrier.

With the new A-z Claim procedure Amazon will review all your correspondence with the buyer and try to make a determination of which party is responsible. Make sure you put the information in your email to the buyer to insure Amazon will rule in your favor if an A-z Claim is opened.

user profile
Seller_ZDGgATBGegBqy

Good.

Probably a waste of your time. Seller support won’t be making decisions on this.

Yes. Then file the Safe-T claim.

I wish you good luck. I hope you win it.

If this guy is scamming multiple sellers, we all should know about it. Please tell us the buyer’s zip code. ( You can’t post names and full addresses, but a zip is okay )
Zip code 60016 is the home of a notorious scammer, as are 33054 and 40509.

user profile
Seller_z2mPLMDAYuxMs

I had this happen. I called seller support about this issue. I took photos of what was sent back and the tracking number. Ours was an item with a tracked serial number as well - so, it may differ a little from your situation.

Seller support told me to refund the customer 1 penny and to send them a message that they returned the incorrect product to us. They told me to send the buyer a message. I told them along these lines:

I would be happy to send it to whom ever this item needed to go to and that, hopefully who ever had our item would be happy to do the same.

Customer never responded - still have the item waiting for them. (this happened around August I guess)

-Adam

user profile
Seller_awYU0oH8skccg

Just Move On…

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post