user profile
Sign in
user profile

Buyer declares "Item Defective" then, returns item with Missing Pieces & Extreme Damage

by Seller_hXgVsYdB2m61V

Buyer purchased a $699 Steel & Glass Touchscreen Desk/Work Station in New Condition. Buyer returns Desk within 12 hours declaring “Item Defective” and comments “Error” – Amazon pre-authorizes return and sends buyer pre-paid shipping label. I messaged the buyer asking what exactly he meant by “Error”. No response.

Desk was returned to be yesterday in the worst shape due to improper packaging. It wasn’t received in the original triple walled box with thick foam inserts for protection, desk pieces are bent, scratches cover the surface of the metal and glass top, power cord WAS CUT, and missing ALL hardware and both LEGS!

The desk is trashed since it cannot be repaired. This is my first return of this nature. What action do I need to take, and in what order? I’ve read many conflicting posts and courses of action- I need to be sure I cover all my bases. Any and all help is appreciated at this point. Thank you!

Tags: Buy Box, Pricing
10 replies
10 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_8Wfpcf6cHQaPy
In reply to: Seller_hXgVsYdB2m61V's post

Refund $0.10 (ten cents), to stop any automatic refund and battle it out when the scammer files an A-to-z claim.

DON’T BUDGE.

Nothing else to do except fight tooth and nail.

user profile
Seller_WAUh3i4dkQNfE

We like Rushdie’s response.

We would add that you should document all of the damage
with images of the product, shipping label and box.

user profile
Seller_DZ1maDmp7Xt2o

Ransville… what are the reasons that you document and send all these things back to the customer in the way of pictures, is Amazon does review buyer-seller messaging…

When they get around to reviewing the case…

Sounds like your basic switch-a-roo…

Also somewhere in the return policies it says that it’s up to the customer to protect and return in the original packaging &, they may need to buy insurance…

I only get about one return every year or two, I always tell people to use as many elements of the original packaging that they can --maybe more so that the book does not – become damaged in the postal stream… I go to extraordinary lengths to make sure that my books arrive in excellent condition… Beyond a single bubble bag…

The other thing is before you get back to this person you may want to go ahead and review all the Amazon return policies, and cut and paste as many of them that may apply to your scenario into the communique that you send back to the sleazy buyer, you want to make sure you do this in a professional manner…

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post