user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon will not removed feedback on FBA service related comment

by Seller_ryNcLOt30KLfj

I have received seller feedback regarding an FBA order that was never received, and Amazon support says that it does not violate their policy so they will not remove. I have read several other accounts from other sellers regarding the lack of removal or action by Amazon on these, but this one seems very cut and dry to me. What am I missing? This is the feedback in question:

From Buyer:

going on 20 days for a _______ I still haven’t received

Here is the very brief conversation that I had with support, trying to resolve this:

Order xxxxxxxx was fulfilled by Amazon, and the feedback is solely relating to the non-receipt of the order. According to Amazon policy, Amazon will remove feedback when it meets the following criteria: “The entire feedback comment is regarding fulfillment or customer service for an order fulfilled by Amazon.”

I ask politely to have this feedback removed as it violates the above policy. Thank you.

Amazon responded:

Hello from Amazon Selling Partner Support,

We’re unable to remove this feedback because the package was shipped late and the buyer left feedback after the latest Estimated Delivery Date.

Since buyer feedback is a direct reflection of their Amazon shopping experience, we can only remove feedback for these reasons:

• Contains obscene language.
  • Contains seller-specific, personally identifiable information.
  • Entire feedback comment is a product review.
  • Entire feedback comment is about fulfillment or customer service for an order fulfilled by Amazon.

You may ask buyers to remove their feedback, but do not pressure them to do so. The buyer can remove the feedback if they choose to.

To contact the buyer, go to the Orders tab in your Seller Account and select Manage Orders. Search for the buyer’s order, then click the buyer’s name under “Contact Buyer.”

If the buyer does not remove the feedback, you can post a response to it. To do this, go to the Reports heading in your Seller Account and click “Manage your Ratings and Feedback.” From there you can look up the feedback and respond.

I responded one more time reiterating that this was an FBA order and in their reply it states why the feedback should be removed, to which Amazon responded:

We have reviewed our prior decision and determined that this feedback does not violate our
policies. This is our final decision regarding the feedback for this order.

The best way to deal with negative feedback is to resolve any transaction issues with the
buyer. The buyer could then remove the feedback if they feel it is appropriate.

Under Feedback Manager, you can also post a public reply under a specific feedback. Follow
the steps outlined to post a public reply to specific feedback:

1. Go to the Feedback Manager (feedback-manager/index.html).
  2. In the Recent Feedback table, next to the Order ID, select Post a public reply under
    the Actions column.

Please consider this matter resolved after addressing the buyer’s concern or posting a
public reply.

Thank you for selling with Amazon

What am I missing here? Why is this not a black and white decision by Amazon to remove the feedback that is about non receipt of an FBA order?

Tags: Fees, Product removal
5 replies
5 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_YN0Hlj9CdJZWZ
In reply to: Seller_ryNcLOt30KLfj's post

I’ve had the same experience with negative feedback review on FBA fulfillment and Amazon would not strike out review and state “This item was fulfilled by Amazon, and we take responsibility for this fulfillment experience.”

What I did was post a public post stating this for my situation:
“This item was fulfilled by Amazon and as required by Amazon, we have informed the customer to contact Amazon Customer Service to complete delivery of the missing item. We have also informed Amazon of the incomplete fulfillment of this order.”

That’s all I could do because Amazon would not remove or strike out and contacting the buyer to remove review when he only received half of his order made no sense.

user profile
Seller_KLWxvlEzZ5sn5
In reply to: Seller_ryNcLOt30KLfj's post

I’ve had the same experience with negative feedback review on FBA fulfilment and Amazon would not remove or take responsibility.

Buyer:
“I received this Funko POP today and I’m appalled at the condition that it’s in. Something such as this shouldn’t be considered as “new”. The shipping box is in pretty good shape, so this collectible was shipped in this sad state”.

Amazon Responded:

We’re unable to remove this feedback because buyer received item not as described.

Since buyer feedback is a direct reflection of their Amazon shopping experience, we can only remove feedback for these reasons:

• Contains obscene language.
  • Contains seller-specific, personally identifiable information.
  • Entire feedback comment is a product review.
  • Entire feedback comment is about fulfilment or customer service for an order fulfilled by Amazon.

This item was shipped directly from a distributor to Amazon and they are not taking action identifying damaged products during arrival, transit or prior to shipment.

The item was correctly described on my seller center as “new” but Amazon shipped in a bad state.

We as sellers don’t know the condition of the product in their warehouses before they ship it to our customers.

This is a service we pay them quite well to do so, and they don’t take responsibility for the fulfillment.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post