user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon and the Buy Box

by Seller_sTgGOqCIbR03d

I have a product that is selling at $10 less than Amazon and Amazon is currently out of stock.

However, Amazon still hogs the buy box.

Three times I have written to SC to get an explanation without getting any sensible reply.

But then there is no sensible reply possible, is there?

Yet another case of Amazon breaking its own rules. Just because they can.

So much for the customer experience… so much for those quaint little surveys about Amazon caring for its sellers.

Tags: Buy Box
24 replies
24 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL
In reply to: Seller_sTgGOqCIbR03d's post

The Buy Box is an Amazon recommendation of a specific offer,

Amazon chooses not to recommend your offer. They could have a reason but they need not have one.

user profile
Seller_awYU0oH8skccg

The BB is not intended to be “fair” what gave you that crazy idea…? It has other uses.

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

I assume you are buy box eligible?? Maybe also FBM? Some listings they just will not give up. Hurts sales for everyone. But I’ve also gotten the box from Amazon for pennies with an SFP offer.

user profile
Seller_RDCwQscgwPs2d

"First, you say another seller retains the buy box even when they are out of stock? As far as I know Amazon is the only entity that can offer and take backorders." -Yes, somehow this “media company” selling such random junk items doing this low-balling through an automated, almost instantaneous system and I did wonder why they were given the ability to offer a backorder option. I was especially amazed at how it happed within 60-120 seconds.

Very interesting. Reply appreciated.

user profile
Seller_sTgGOqCIbR03d

Sorry, Guys, but when I start reading troll comments like the above, I stop reading and I would advise anyone else on this forum to do the same. There are far too many unacceptable personal remarks on this forum by too many ignorant people…

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post