user profile
Sign in
user profile

"Add to existing shipment" via MWS

by Seller_2dkaDwZY8gVgf

When creating a new shipment in Seller Central, if the destination FC is the same as an existing shipment (plus a few other conditions like prep type), then you’re able to “Add to existing shipment”:

I’m trying out how to accomplish the same with the MWS API.

We’ve tried following the advice here:
http://docs.developer.amazonservices.com/en_US/fba_guide/FBAGuide_CreateShipment200Items.html

Which can allow us to add new SKUs to an existing plan, but we can’t add any additional quantity to an existing SKU in an existing plan (hitting the 5%/10-unit error). However, within Seller Central the same workflow would allow us to add the additional quantity.

Did anyone manage to figure this out?

Thanks!

Tags: Seller Central
5 replies
5 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_uNUiyRYUdefW6
In reply to: Seller_2dkaDwZY8gVgf's post

First you will need to save ShipmentId from any CreateInboundShipment calls. You won’t be able to add to shipments created by seller central, only the ones you created (and saved the id)

If you are adding this item to an existing inbound shipment, use CreateInboundShipmentPlan and then use the following excerpt from the docs instead of calling CreateInboundShipment again:

Identify the ShipmentId of an existing inbound shipment that has the same DestinationFulfillmentCenterId as the DestinationFulfillmentCenterId returned by the CreateInboundShipmentPlan operation.

Call the UpdateInboundShipment operation using the ShipmentId identified in the preceding bullet, as well as the SellerSKU and QuantityShipped values for the item.

More detail on this method is laid out in the docs here:
http://docs.developer.amazonservices.com/en_US/fba_guide/FBAGuide_LabelItems1x1.html

user profile
Seller_hQwMOdufm376R

Many thanks for replying, @Autonomoose

If I understand the suggestion correctly, we have already attempted that method. We created the shipment first using CreateInboundShipment then added more items using UpdateInboundShipment (identified by the shipment ID that returned from CreateInboundShipmentPlan) to the existing shipment.

It actually works fine if we’re appending a SKU to a shipment that doesn’t already contain that SKU. But if it does already contain that SKU, then we can’t add any quantity to it, unless it’s within the 5%/10-unit limit. However, we can accomplish this workflow in Seller Central. So it seems to be inconsistent.

user profile
Seller_i3SBjTUR546z6

I found this post looking for a question to my own. I have a working shipment that for some reason will not allow me to add items from certain shipping plans. Rather than recognize that there is an existing shipment going to the same warehouse, it keeps trying to create a new shipment when I run the shipping plan. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post